Ross Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indian Harbour Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Harbour Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied online and within a week received a phone call to come in for an interview. The interview did not last long, the manager kept an eye on the time and kept it to 30 minutes. I had read on Glassdoor that if you receive a phone call to come in for an interview that Ross was going to hire you. Start date was contingent on passing a background test.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked just a couple questions: What was my most favorite job and why? What was my least favorite job and why?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary, it is set at minimum wage.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Asked fair questions about retail, clothing store experience, honesty, etc. The store manager and an assistant manager interviewed me quickly. I was super overqualified for this position, so it was no problem to answer a few simple hypothetical situations and questions.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. This was for my 2nd job and I've had over a decade of retail and customer service, yet I wasn't even started at $8 per hour.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online for another store location, but this one called me in for a interview. I went to the interview and the manager was so busy with ringing customers that we had to reschedule. I debated coming back because it was a long drive, but I had worked for Ross before and knew that it was a good company. I came back and was interviewed by two managers, as soon as I said that I had worked for Ross before and which location, they were hooked. I was hired on the spot!...The only downfall in the hiring process is their background checks takes about 2 weeks (that's long!) Also if you want to transfer to a different store you have to be with the company for 6 months, if not you have to apply all over.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to strenuous. Background experience, what do you like about Ross?   Answer Question
    No negotition

Cash Office and Front End Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied on line and a week later they called me to go in for my interview . It was fast relaxed and easy . I felt they were not prepared . I answered everything with a big smile . The interview lasted no more than 15 min. next thing I know they said can you start tomorrow .

Interview Questions
    • I don't think they really know what they will ask everyone I felt it was more as it came to them .Its easy .   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

One phone interview and three two hour onsite interviews over a four week period. Was notified as a finalist after the second onsite interview. Background check was completed as well as reference checks. Then heard nothing for over a week. Asked for when a decision would be made and was told that the department was going through a reorg, but were still interested. Then there was another period of no communication for another week. Asked a second time for an update and was told that an offer couldn't be extended because a decision hadn't been made on the reorg, but were still interested. The entire process was lengthy (6+ weeks), cumbersome, and a complete waste of time! The position is still posted along with a couple other jobs in the same department. If this is how Ross treats candidates, I cannot imagine how they treat their employees (heard employees are not treated well either).

Interview Questions
    • Too many questions between all three interviews to remember.....   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online and within a couple of minutes got a call to have an in-person interview for the following day. Interviewed with the Area Supervisor, which was basically like a phone interview when they ask you when you're available, how many hours you want to work, etc. Afterwards, I was scheduled for another interview with the General Manager for the next day. The following day, I was interviewed by the General Manager and the Assistant Manager at the same time. They were basic questions like, why do you want to work for Ross, what was your experience when this happened, etc. Told I was hired at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations are possible. Don't be scared to ask for anywhere from $0.25 to $3.00 more than they say, especially if you have prior experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in March 2014.

Pleasant interview. I met with an assistant store manager who explained the store's volume of business and provided some information about its management. During the interview an offer of employment was extended.

Interview Questions
    There was no salary negiotiation involved.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores.

One interview that was VERY easy. I found the hiring process to be somewhat unprofessional. It seems they're just looking for bodies. The one thing that I didn't expect was that they did a little interview on the phone when they called me for an interview time. Questions were basic. Like why do you want to work for Ross, explain a time you faced a challenge and conquered, what would you do if you believed someone was stealing, what would you do if a customer was angry.

none

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores.

I filled out the application and was called for an interview within 24 hours. The interview was held during the day in the manager's office. They wanted to hire me on the spot. However, I was interviewed by 2 different managers who would not have had the time to discuss whether they liked me, whether I was a "good fit," background experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to handle a customer issue.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Ross?   Answer Question

I got another job offer that offered better opportunities for me.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

it was not hard just have your resume and good questions and just be focus An poised and no what you saying be respecful polite and generous and just look like you really care about working there and have good posture sit up straight no slouching and just be yourself cause they are really there to help you give you a chance and you gotta take advantage of that it get you a job be serious no playing around and always leave a good impression when its over.

Interview Questions
    • probably how long you expect to stay cause i really didnt no how long i be there   View Answer

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!