Ross Stores

Updated 29 Jan, 2015
Updated 29 Jan, 2015

2.1

Store Protection Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ross Stores.

Group interview of 5 and we were asked questions all together with "Who wants to go first?" Make sure your that first person to stand out. Questions were "Why do you want to work for Ross?" and "Do you plan on moving up in the company?" type questions. They basically want to make sure you'll try your best to get promoted and not just want to stay in the same position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question you didn't have the answer to?   View Answer

Assortment Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ross Stores.

It was ok your normal standard behavioral questions tell me about a time… And lots of analytical questions. The two people I interviewed with seem to be dry no humor and very serious not the environment for me

Store Protection Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

I applied three months ago, received a call from the store manager asking about my availabity. What was my experience , got an interview for the next day. It seemed like all he really cared about was my availiabity , he was happy to hear I could work any hours.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores in January 2015.

I put in an application on Wednesday and received a call on Thursday to set up an interview for Friday afternoon. Interview was pretty straightforward and asked questions regarding past work experuence and how it pertained to the position in which I was applying. There were also about 5 situational questions that were all pretty simple. The interviewer went over the policies abd what the company stood for. I was offerred the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Hours were not guaranteed. Was only part time at minimum wage

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ross Stores in January 2015.

I went in for an interview in the morning and it lasted about 10 min. The manager was completely nice and welcoming and it didnt feel so much as an interview as it did a conversation with a few questions. We talked about availablity and work experience she liked me and offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • To tell her alittle bit about myself?
      Asked about past work experience?
      Availibility?

Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

It's a very short interview with the Store Manager. All he cares about is your availability essentially (in my experience). He just asks where you've worked but doesn't care about the details. My interview took about 4 minutes, but we had a running joke that he was trying to set a world record for shortest interviews. Record time was 1 minute. The follow up interview is with the Loss Prevention district manager, but even that one is easy. My experience will be a little different though since I was hired as a regular associate and then I applied for Loss Prevention. The 2 interviews are the same, I'm just not sure on the timing of them.

Interview Questions
    • I forgot the questions, but nothing difficult whatsoever.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Loss prevention gets higher pay than all other associates.

Store Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Applied online and got a call same day.They look for people with relevant experience. I had none. As it was during the holidays they had extended hours to 1:30 a.m. Was only looking for supplemental work and the schedule conflicted with first job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever tried to stop someone who tried to steal.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Ross Stores.

Dress nicely. Smile. Remember its ALL about CUSTOMER SERVICE! Loss prevention is all about 'customer service' also... Make sure all customers feel welcomed, yet are aware you are paying attention to what theyre doing. SMILE & say "Hi" to anyone within 10 feet. Remember that this job is not for lazy people, so show a little excitement at interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone acting suspiciously or pocketing merchandise?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Flexible availability, minimum wage, part time, period. Weekend availability is important.

Cashier/Fitting Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ross Stores.

I was called for an interview after 5 days since i had applied. Easiest interview of my life. This was actually hardly an interview. All i was asked was basic questions like, tell me about yourself, if i have worked in a fast pace environment, my work experience, and what position would i like. The interview only took about 15 mins.i was offered a job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

The hireing prosses was considerably short. I think this was mainly due to me applyin during the holiday season. The intervewer was most concerned with my availabilty to work; being able to work on Sunday was a major plus. I was offered the job right on the spot.