Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
385 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bend, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details Application process was simple enough. Haven't gone through the hiring process yet. They sent me an email, telling me to full out an assessment. But the link is faulty.

Interview Question – What was your previous position?   View Answer

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details Applied and received a call within half to a full month. One interview with the Assistant Manager who chose who would go to the next interview, then a second interview to days later with the Store Manager. Expected questions such as why you want to work there, tell them a bit about yourself, tell me a time when... questions, very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

SPS Interview

SPS
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details Questions that had nothing to do with the job. Distracted manager. Loud interruptions. Waited while the manager talked with an associate for 10 minutes. Asked irrelevant questions. Talked to too many people that did not seem interested in what the answer would be......more like, they just wanted to get it over with.

Interview Question – Can you live on the short hours.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Industrial Engineering/Tech Interview

Industrial Engineering/Tech

Interviewed at Ross Stores

Interview Details Met an HR rec. at a college job fair. She was looking for interns. She called me, we scheduled a phone interview. A few weeks later we set up a face to face interview. A few weeks after I had a face to face with the engineering (industrial) manager. Real friendly nice guy. (Perris)

Interview Question – Asked "common sense" questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, about my computer skills, etc. I dont remember having any structured, typical interview, silly questions. It was a very natural conversation. It was my first "real" interview (not for a fast food or retail job, like a real engineering internship) and one question that threw me off was what I wanted to do with my degree or what part of industrial engineering I wanted to be in when I graduated. At that time, I was so young and inexperienced it was actually a hard question. But I answered honestly and he liked my answer. I said I've never had an internship before so I dont really know.. that I wanted to work here first and see what its like before I can think about what I'd like to do specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really a negotiation because it was internship. Basically when they called me I gave a verbal acceptance. They requested I drive in person within one week to sign papers. The day I came in, I took a drug test. The agreement was no benefits, $15/hr, and I had a "contract" to work full time for the whole summer. By the end of summer, things went well so I was allowed to work part-time after summer ended. It was a great job! I miss my intern days there (Perris) and I would absolutely consider working there again in the future! Just knowing that they are an "off price retailer" I'll assume the salary pay for full times is not GREAT, however with the great people and great atmosphere I remember, it would be worth it to someone looking for that.

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied for the position online, the next day I received a call for an interview. The interview was 2 days after I filled out the application. My inteview was with the Assistant Store Manager & it wasn't much of an interview, more like a conversation. The whole ptocess took about 10 minutes, she really just asked me about my work history h customer service experience. I got hired on the spot and came in 3 days later for orientation.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with the start pay. It's minimum wage & that's it ,regardless of experience or any special skills.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details Had one interview with the store manager and was called back within a few days to start my hiring process. Manager did not seem interested in the process whatsoever. It was more of a chore

Interview Question – What is your favorite household chore?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate
Fairview Heights, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied about a month before I was contacted and asked to meet the following week. I met with the distric manager and he asked some simple questions and told me to come back 2 days later to meet with store manager. I met with store manager she asked my about 2 questions and said I was hired (pending background check).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they just said they offer about minimum wage (8.25)

Store Protection Specialist Interview

Store Protection Specialist
Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details I went in for the first initial interview at the Burbank location then was taken to interview to be a part of the Pasadena location. It's been two weeks since then and they still haven't finished my background check.

Interview Question – They had a lot of math questions on the application. What is 3/4 of 1/2? And others where you have to find the the pattern in the line of numbers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – But I'm still waiting on the background check to go through so that I can go to orientation. It's been 2 weeks, I've been emailing back and forth and they said that my background check is incomplete, so now I'm waiting for a response from HR.

Very Easy Interview

Algonquin, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details I have an up coming interview on Tuesday, and wanted a few tips, and I see by reading the interview process is pretty simple. I also noticed that very few were subject to background checks and some hired on the spot........is this a common practice or do they background check for a higher position such as cash office?

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in September 2012.

Interview Details The process was not very long they try to get you started fairly quickly which is good that the process does not drag on for a long time. The interview is done with two managers which I feel is very good because you get two different people's opinions. They try to make you feel welcomed as a new employee and train you early so that you can adapt to the job quickly.

Interview Question – I would have to say the most difficult question was "what makes you good for the job?"   Answer Question

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!