Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated 5 Apr, 2015

3.1

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Toronto, ON) in February 2012.

Interview

Online Assessment
    Phone Interview
    Skype Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where someobody disagreed with what you wanted to do. How did you handle this? Did it change their mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Filled out Online app took the assessment test they called with in a week after to set up interview. Need to dress extremely professional for this establishment stockings well groomed hair decent dress or pants suit for ladies they go for people who look decent enough to show off. They will train the right candidate trust me I was there for food runner got hired as a hostess..

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you gave excellent guest service? This question is important it kinda seals the deal that and if you have past experience so know what you are talking about research your position be sure that there are some similarities from your previous job to what they will have you doing in the future.   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Applied online, about a week later received a phone call and from that they scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of a panel of 3 which included the head of security, the head of house keeping and the Executive Assistant Manager (EAM).

Interview was predominately behavioral interview questions relating to customer service and why you want to work at The Ritz-Carlton.

At the end of the interview they said they were interviewing other individuals and if interested they would contact me back within the week. They called me back the very next day and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Banquets Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Very professional but still felt casual. Met outside the restaurant, as interviewee asked I answered and they wrote down everything. A lot of scenario questions, what have you done. Be confident and nice. They want nice people to work here, Is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• All about the customer experience and you being creative and genuine whenever helping a guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

After submitting an application online you will be contacted by an outside recruiter. This person may or may not know anything about the property or the day to day needs for the job(beyond what they have been told)

The next steps involve questions about your experience where they will want a situation, how you handled it, and what the results were. You should be as detailed as possible and spend some time explain the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you planned something and it didn't go the way you expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay since i knew i was taking over a position that had originally been 2 separate jobs.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response in a week to come in for an interview. Interview was in the afternoon: took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with the Front Office Manager. Series of 10-15 behavioral questions regarding performance, anticipating the guests needs (important for quality for the Ritz!) and other questions. Last question was regarding my knowledge of the company. Thought I had a positive experience, even received confirmation from interviewer that he felt that I would be a great fit. Did not receive the position, possibly due to me being a recent graduate with little experience.

Interview Questions

• N/A most questions were typical to this type of interview   Answer Question

SPA Director - St Thomas, USVI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte Amalie (Virgin Islands (US))

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Charlotte Amalie (Virgin Islands (US))) in November 2014.

Interview

i was contacted quickly after applying online. HR screen happened rapidly and they stated they were in a hurry and wanted to complete process in a week. It took about 1.5 weeks, which was excellent. I spoke to HR Director, General Manager, F&B Director. My salary expectation was pretty high as I am experienced and spa is not huge. I was asking for about $30,000 more than they offered a colleague about 3 years ago.

i never received any follow-up from Ritz AT ALL. I was shcked for such a company known for their treatment of people. This was after I had sent a follow up email to the General Manager and HR Director.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with the cost of living on the island? cost of living and transition. Director stated that he/she was unaware and vaguely intimated that he/she did not negotiate nearly enough in his/her package.   1 Answer

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Aspen, CO (US)).

Interview

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

There will be an online Assessment where you need to type out the answers, which you need to provide your job experience and reason for applying the job, then first round of interview with the HR Manager, followed by interview with the Front Office Manager

Interview Questions

• Assessment question where you have to provide scenarios for each situation   Answer Question