Rite Aid

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Brandenburg, KY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2010.

Interview Details I had one interview in the breakroom with the head pharmacist and was hired on the spot. He asked me questions regarding my experience, about my attitude toward other employees and the patients we would serve. He wanted to be sure I would be consistent in my work attendance and that I would be a good fit with the present crew.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- I took what he offered.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details Applied online. Was called for my first interview. Went back for another interview with DM. Went for a 3rd interview with HR. A two week process if not longer. Back ground checks, drug screen, Rite Aid covers everything, they screen their employees very well.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Rite Aid?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told I would be getting more money in a month or so, that didn't happen right away. I needed a job so I really didn't ask for anything, I just wanted to work.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Wellness Ambassador
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview Details I emailed my resume directly to the Hiring Manager for a position after seeing a job posting on the window of a local Rite Aid store, and my email was answered the next day inviting me for an interview the following Monday. Monday came, but the interview had to be postponed to Wednesday. On that Wednesday, I interviewed for the position of Asset Protection Agent, but the person I interviewed with thought my personality was so "dynamic" and "engaging", that he asked if he could consider recommending me for the Wellness Ambassador position. I wasn't familiar with that position, but I was in desperate need to begin working, so I was open to the suggestion. I was asked to be certain to fill out an online application while waiting for the next interview. Two days later, I got a call from a representative in Human Resources, who conducted a "pre-screening" of me over the phone, which was a very basic and pleasant interview. She kindly informed me that I would need to fill out a survey if I had not done so with my application, and if not, she would email it to me. One Monday of the next week, I got an email from the Human Resource representative to let me know that she would be forwarding all of my application "materials" over the Hiring Manager in the Pharmacy department of the store in which the position was available. (I assume that meant I passed the survey, as the process probably would have ended there if I had not.) Two days later, I got a call from the Pharmacy Manager (hiring manager) to schedule an interview for the very next day. During the interview, I met with both the Pharmacy Manager and the Store Manager. They were very busy that day, so they could not be as formal about the interview as they would have liked to, but they both explained to me the gist of the job duties, what they would expect from me, the hours I can expect to work, etc. After all that, the Pharmacy Manager said, "I think you would be GREAT for this job. I will go ahead and submit my recommendation for you." So, I was then scheduled for another meeting with the Supervisor over the Pharmacy Manager as well as the Human Resource Representative. This particular interview was a lot more frustrating, as it was much longer than any of the other interviews, the questions were all very scenario-based, and the number of questions asked seemed endless. Before the questions, however, I was asked to watch a short video of a Wellness Ambassador at work, which I thought was impressive. I was then shown the job description of the Wellness Ambassador, and then the two of them took turns asking the questions. The interview last well over an hour. They thanked me, told me that they would be in touch within the next day or two, and that they would let me know their "decision", which I was confused about considering I'd already gotten a "decision" from the person who was doing the actual hiring. Finally, after 3 restless days of waiting, I finally got the call from the Pharmacy Manager that I could go finish up the next steps of the "hiring process".

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which your superior asked you to do a job that you felt you were not necessarily equipped or qualified to do. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2011.

Interview Details Walked in and talked to the manager face to face, had a short conversation with him, simple as that. He gave me an application which I handed in the next day. Had to pass a drug test and background check and eventually had to study to pass the technicians exam, all of which is done in store.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job offer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Tyrone, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview Details I called the location to speak with the hiring manager lots of times it was hard to get in touch with her when I finally got in touch with her I have her my name and number and she said she'll call back 2 days later she called me for a interview and she liked I had a phone interview with the regional manager and I had a background check and was sent to take a drug test and started a week after drug test interview was really laid back

Interview Question – Pass experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I took the wage because I needed the job

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details pee test, online questionnaire, personal questions from pharmacy manager, constant testing for the 1st year for the pharmacy, ojt., pressure is the # 1 thing for the techs in training, they expect you to do things that you are not trained for and then get very frustrated with you, Then write you for making mistakes. Think you can do this , you need to take classes prior to work.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Walla Walla, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in September 2011.

Interview Details First hired on as Shift Supervisor. Completed application and online personality assessment first, then interviewed with Store Manager. Received a conditional offer based on background and drug screening results. Three weeks from beginning to end. For Assistant Manager position (applied internally as this was a promotion), I had three phone interviews with the store manager and then had to drive four hours to meet with the district manager in person. After a two-hour interview, I was given a conditional offer pending drug screening. Rite Aid requires drug screenings on any promotions.

Interview Question – Have you ever thought about committing a felony?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Go high, expect low no matter how much experience you have.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2013.

Interview Details The general process can be rather organized and short, they expect a male applicant to be available for truck days/nights and overnight shifts. Younger female applicants can also expect this questioning for availability as older applicants usually work in the morning/daytime. Interview will be 1:1.

Interview Question – How long do you plan on staying with the company? or In what way did you ever help a customer achieve what they were looking for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was immediately told that I can work, knowing full well that I was needed for the job. The only negotiation there is to be had is in regards to scheduling (somewhat flexible but not 100%) and starting pay (depending on the store, union or non-union, this can be negotiated by only as much as $1 in NYC, from experience).

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Cashier/Clerk

Interviewed at Rite Aid

Interview Details i honestly don't remember the hiring process but they are making me use a fifty word minimum so i am doing just that. i did like working for the company it was just not a position i wanted so i guess there's that.

Interview Question – everything was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor Interview

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Interview Details the hiring process was faster than the interviewing process. I first submitted my application online, took a test, and then waited at least 3-4 weeks for an actual interview, which lasted maybe a total of 10 minutes. The interview was done in the office that I felt was not very proper, because customers can hear us, and something like an interview should be completed in a quiet area.

Interview Question – I didn't feel that any of the questions were that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, just the hourly rate

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!