Red Lobster

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher
Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2014.

Interview Details Interview can be longer process

Interview Question – I don't have work history in Canada/Edmonton   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase like easy

Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2013.

Interview Details 2 hours online test, telephonic interview , 1:1 interview

Interview Question – No difficult questions for experienced Manager   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they dint offer me a job

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details Pretty easy.

Interview Question – Nothing straight forward questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like manager

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Brantford, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details Had 2 interviews, the first was easy. Only asked about my previous jobs, what my availability was like, what I wanted in this job etc. The second interview was more in depth, she asked me about school, why I wanted to work at red lobster, what my weaknesses and strengths were. I got the job on the spot. Nothing out of the norm

Negotiation Details – NONE

Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Interview Details My first interview was basic intro and had 2nd Interview for Restaurant Manager with Director Operation after half an hour interview she passed the interview on to Restaurant Gen Manager, total interview was basic standard leadership and routine situational questioned were asked....

Interview Question – They have no difficult question at all , its all standard your aptitude test ie: positive thinking , holistic approach   View Answer

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Brampton, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2012.

Interview Details 2 interviews, 1st with a manager (pretty basic questions), then the 2nd interview was with a general manager (also pretty basic questions). I applied online and got contacted via email within a week or two. I was asked to call the number listed in the email, then got my 1st interview scheduled for the next day. After that interview, I was told to watch my phone for a call regarding my second interview with a general manager (4-5 days after first interview). I also want to add that I had NO bartender or server experience, the closest experience I had was as a busser at a breakfast restaurant

Interview Question – Either there weren't any difficult or out-of-ordinary questions, or I just don't quite remember, but from what I DO remember, the questions were very basic and what you would expect from an interview   Answer Question

Host/Seater Interview

Host/Seater
Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process is threefold. First is the application, which is submitted online and includes a personality test to determine integrity and attitude (When I applied, it was the same, but in-person). Second is the first interview with the manager of your desired position. For me, it was the Hospitality manager. They'll be looking to see if you possess the core values of Respect, Integrity, Genuine Caring, Hospitality, and Teamwork. The second interview is with the general manager, and they'll likely be looking for those same core values.
At the interviews, I did my best to remain relaxed and friendly... Even made a couple jokes. To strengthen my internal confidence, I came into it with the attitude that they'd be lucky to have me. Also, I arrived about 10-15 minutes early and waited in the lobby, where I held the door for some elderly customers.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with conflict with coworkers in the past?   View Answer

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details interview wasnt that hard, got hired relatively fast. Walked in, said hi, he told me what was needed, when it was need, it was easy. Always put emphasis on teamwork and make customers the most important criteria and youll be good.

Asheville, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

Interview Details Talked for a good 35 min,asked me many questions. Asked if i would be ok to train as long as it takes. Everything pointed in the right direction as he kept asking questions and nodding yes to me. I was then told by the service manager that if the GM wanted to move forward then i would receive a 2nd email to schedule a 2nd interview but that the gm was on vacation and it could take a couple days. I was dressed very nice, pressed white dress shirt,black pants and a $125 pair of clarks... Im a former general restaurant manager and plenty of serving experience... plenty qualified enough for red lobster.... I get an email 25 min after i walk out the door from darden saying after "careful" consideration I will not be offered employment at this time? I contacted every reference I had and they said no one ever call them. I have no idea why this happened. the interview went great. what happened to the GM reviewing my application why was a decision made that quick?

Interview Question – name a time a guest was unhappy and you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details I have a lot of management experience so it was a no brainier to hire me. I interviewed with the Talent Acquisition team then with 2 Director of Operations. After my back ground check was passed..*whew thank god* and i passed my drug check *also another close one* they offered me the job. I like the fact I get paid every week. I would say I like the fact that once they got to know me the care about where I work they want me to be successful, my previous employer was not like that at all more of a SINK or SWIM situation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your morals were tested dealing with an employee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i told them what I wanted and what i felt I was worth they came in 8,000 under i came down 2,000 from my offer they came up 5,500 more and i said ok lol.

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!