Red Lobster

Updated 28 Jan, 2015
Updated 28 Jan, 2015

2.2

Server/Waiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in January 2015.

The hiring procedure was quite straightforward. Went to the interview, asked the usual questions, why should we hire you, what r yr long term and short term goals. Some behavioral questions, previous experience working in a restaurant etc.The manager was very nice, but me at ease and started the interview in a very positive tone. He was very keen on looking for Customer Service experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer whose order you messed up accidentaly?   Answer Question

Got an offer from another good restaurant with better pay.

Utility (Dishwasher) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

I applied online awhile ago and didn't get word for a few weeks. After some time I received an email stating they would like to see me for an interview and to call within the next 42 hours. The person I spoke to was one of the restaurant managers and she was very direct and brief with setting up an interview. I had an interview with a different manager who was very kind and easy going. He didn't ask too many questions and none of them were that difficult. About a week after the interview I was asked if I was still interested and then a training/orientation date was set up.

Interview Questions
    • He asked basic questions such as are you able to lift a large load, are you able to work in a fast paced environment, tell me about yourself, what are your hobbies, etc. The longer questions included if you were hiring someone for this position what would you look for in a candidate, etc.   Answer Question
    There wasn't one

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2014.

Interview can be longer process

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase like easy

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Pretty easy.

Did not like manager

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Had 2 interviews, the first was easy. Only asked about my previous jobs, what my availability was like, what I wanted in this job etc. The second interview was more in depth, she asked me about school, why I wanted to work at red lobster, what my weaknesses and strengths were. I got the job on the spot. Nothing out of the norm

NONE

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2013.

2 hours online test, telephonic interview , 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions for experienced Manager   View Answer
    no negotiation they dint offer me a job

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

My first interview was basic intro and had 2nd Interview for Restaurant Manager with Director Operation after half an hour interview she passed the interview on to Restaurant Gen Manager, total interview was basic standard leadership and routine situational questioned were asked....

Interview Questions
    • They have no difficult question at all , its all standard your aptitude test ie: positive thinking , holistic approach   View Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in October 2012.

2 interviews, 1st with a manager (pretty basic questions), then the 2nd interview was with a general manager (also pretty basic questions). I applied online and got contacted via email within a week or two. I was asked to call the number listed in the email, then got my 1st interview scheduled for the next day. After that interview, I was told to watch my phone for a call regarding my second interview with a general manager (4-5 days after first interview). I also want to add that I had NO bartender or server experience, the closest experience I had was as a busser at a breakfast restaurant

Interview Questions
    • Either there weren't any difficult or out-of-ordinary questions, or I just don't quite remember, but from what I DO remember, the questions were very basic and what you would expect from an interview   Answer Question

Utility Interview

Submitted an application online, got an email saying to call for an interview. Called and set up an interview. Most of the questions were about past work experience. Some of the specific questions were "What does teamwork mean to you?" "At your last job, what are some of the things you did when you first arrived at work every day?" "Have you ever had a day at work where something went wrong?" Plus they ask basic questions that you would be asked at any job interview, like about your availability and whether you have transportation.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online and got an email 4 days later saying "We would like to speak with you! Please contact a manager within 2 days to set up an interview." Of course, I was really excited because I like Red Lobster and really wanted to work there.

Now I will preface this by saying I have no serving experience but I do have 5-6 years of retail/sales/customer service/some food industry experience. So it's not like I'm fresh out of high school looking for a job....

I went in 2 days later and met with the server's manager. She was actually pretty awesome. It was a fantastic interview. There were really no tough questions, just tried to get to know me and my experience and see how I would fit in. After about a 20 minute conversation, she said "Are you free to come back Tuesday for a second interview with the GM? I love your energy and your work experience."

Obviously I left there with some confidence in myself and the possibilities.

Fast forward to Tuesday......
    I came back and walked in 5 minutes before my interview to sit and wait behind 2 other people. Annoying, yes. But this is a serving job at a mid-level restaurant, that's really not a big deal at all. Then after about 30 minutes of sitting and faking a smile to the hostess to not show any nerves or anything, he finally came out from the last interview and called my name.

And it all went down from there. This Good Sir could not form a complete sentence the entire time. He was bumbling with every question he asked me and when I would answer he would barely look like he was giving any attention to what I said. Not to mention, a GM should PROBABLY have some questions ready to go when they are doing mass interviews like this.........There was a minuteish gap in between every question where he stuttered and bumbled along trying to think of the next question to ask. Really throws good energy and great work experience for a loop when it's like that. Then after stumbling his way through like a drunkard on Christmas morn, he finally said, "Thanks for your time, you will get a call from [Manager] who is involved with paperwork and all that at 5 on Thursday (2 days later)." And he, in fact, even writes down on my application "Call back @ 5 on Thursday".

No call. No email. No dice. Such is the way of things I suppose. A+ for the manager, F for the GM. They missed out too, I was really excited to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me your favorite meal here and sell me a drink.   View Answer