Raytheon

2.6

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in December 2010.

Very polite, two people - HR person and regional manager. Pretty much standard questions - why do you consider yourself suitable for the position, salary expectation, do you consider yourself a lucky person, etc.
    Not too many tech questions. Got " thank you, but, no thank you" letter, may be because of the salary stated - 75000/year.

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2010.

Contacted by talent acquisition rep who saw my resume online and thought I would be a fit. Scheduled an interview at the Tewksbury, MA location and arranged for travel, lodging, and rental car for the day the interviews would happen. The interviews were 20 minutes each with 3 people. Others were at the interview event and we all sat in the same waiting room. Received an offer 3 days later, but was fairly sure I got the job when they kept me, but not all other interviewees afterward for a presentation on benefits and relocation package.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince very senior engineers (25+ years of experience) that your idea is correct?   Answer Question
    I did not realize I could negotiate, so accepted the offer as is. However, others who were hired in the same round tried to negotiate, and did not get an increase.

Defense Analyst Interview

Applied online and interviewed in person. Interview was easy and they asked questions based on my resume'. They gave me a general overview of the position and also provided a tour of the facility.

Logistics Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online and received a call approximately 5 days later asking for an on site interview. I set the appointment and found it odd that I hadn't received any confirmation. I called back a few days later to confirm and the same woman that set up the interview said I had never accepted an interview appointment and that they would have to reschedule me. Still no email. I get a call the next day saying I would have to reschedule again, this time, on a day I had work. I receive a confirmation (finally) with the wrong date and saying it was for a phone interview! I take a personal day at my current job for the interview which lasted about 45 minutes. It was pretty easy and I thought it went well. I even got some positive feedback from the interviewers. It's been four weeks now and I have yet to hear anything back from anyone, despite an email asking for more information. Its been about 6 weeks since the initial call asking for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really easy questions, mostly about working on teams and general questions about personality.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2014.

I applied for the position online on September 30th, and received a call almost a month later from the Source Manager of the team. Our conversation was very brief: she asked me about my experience as an Administrative Specialist, my past positions on an Air Force base, and what rate I was looking for regarding compensation. She ended our call by telling me that she would pass my resume on to the managers who are looking to fill the position. On the same day, I received a follow-up call from the Executive Assistant of the program, who wanted to schedule an interview with me. A week later, I met with the Director and Program Manager for the program. I interviewed first with the Director, who was very honest about the intense, dynamic nature of the role, and asked me for specific examples about my administrative experience, which I gave her. Overall, I felt that I had a good rapport with her. In my second interview, I spoke with the Program Manger, who I would be supporting directly. He was the polar opposite of the Director: very laid back. He confessed that he'd been too busy to thoroughly read my resume, so we went over it together. He explained the nature of the position, and what type of administrative support was needed. I could tell that he needed some help organizing his business affairs, so I posed any questions I had in terms of how I could help him and his team. He seemed interested about what I had to say, and I left feeling pretty good about my chances of getting an offer. I could see how busy the team was when I walked into the area, so I knew I wouldn't be hearing back right away. On my way out, I heard that they were going to interview 2 more candidates, which made sense. When I reached out to the Sourcing Manager a week later by email, I didn't receive a response. A few days later, I called her directly for a follow-up. She explained that they were still interviewing and the managers were very busy traveling; she also said she emailed me back, but I never got the message. It's been almost a month since my interview, and I've heard nothing from her or the company, which is frustrating. However, it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were pretty standard, nothing difficult   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2014.

Hiring manager set up a phone interview, and later that evening a HR rep asked for current salary and expected salary, as well as basic questions as if I could commute to the facility and if I thought getting security clearance would be a problem. I replied with generic responses not sharing my current or expected salary, saying a fair market value would be negotiable. HR replied saying in order to move forward they needed salary requirements, I didn't respond knowing I already had a phone interview with hiring manager set up. Phone interview was pretty standard, asking about my career history, if I felt comfortable engineering solutions from the ground up, and if I had experience documenting solutions and working in an 'agile' environment. All of this I had plenty experience and felt really good about the call until the hiring manager asked for my salary requirements. I told him I would be willing to negotiate a fair market value. He then said that they will not do a face to face or move forward until this was disclosed. He also stated that the experience requirement was 4 years, and that I had nearly 9 years of experience. I retorted that this was a senior position, and the interview hinted there would even be some leadership roles. Since another developer was on the line, I explained I rather work this out salary requirements with the HR rep, and concluded the interview.
    The HR rep emailed me that same night saying with out current and expected salary, they will not be able to continue the interview process. I did not reply with my current salary, but did send back a range I felt was appropriate for a Senior position. Another reply came quickly with a really low salary of $70k and that was as high as they could go for this senior position. It seems like raytheon is more interested in hiring based on salary and not talent, or just want a mid level position and call them senior. Even if they came back with an acceptable offer, the company is tainted in my eyes.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary and expected salary requirements?   View Answer

This company would kit continue the interview process and are trying to hire a senior position for a mid level salary. They are only worried about salary, not skill of their employees.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Had one phone screening before getting called in for an on site interview.
    Two separate on site interviews, one with an engineer which was kept mostly to talk about school and what kinds of projects I did/ where I saw my career going. The second was with two hiring managers who asked more about my skills

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, in fact I was surprised at how easy it was   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Got a phone interview from HR about week after applying. Asked basic questions and why Raytheon and was I willing to relocate. Following week spoke to hiring engineer. Just avg questions. Few technical ones but mostly about my experience and course work. Be ready to be able to go over resume and detail and work experience if any.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. For the first round, I met with several different hiring managers to see where I would best fit in. The second round I met with the director of Engineering who ended up giving me the job

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online through my university. I got a call from someone to confirm that I had experience working with scripting languages. I soon got an email for an interview after the on site interview, the process was really quick. I was notified the next week that I got in.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think the average day of a software engineer is like? there were no technical questions about programming. everything was about what past experiences i had.   Answer Question