R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Spoke to an HR employee over the telephone. Had a good conversation about 15 minutes talking about past experiences in work and capabilities. She was proper and asked typical but good questions as an employer should.

Lead Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Talked w/ COO and department manager? Plant tour, spoke with current employèes. Shown all departments in process for finishing jobs. Met HR to be told benefits and company policy and SOPs. Entire process took in all aspects of customer expectations and quality printing. All in all interview went well. Lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Years of exp. on machine in job desription.   1 Answer

Composition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Incredibly disjointed process. The "in-house" hiring personnel admitted they were not a permanent employee, which seemed a tad strange. This person was a consultant and was moody - mainly rude, sometimes nice. I have NEVER had such a frustrating process, but was absolutely glad to know how disjointed the company (at least at this location or within this branch) was/is. I could not get a response from the "real" HR department, had emails bounced back, and was accused of a false answer/response MULTIPLE times. SOOOOO glad to not work there!!!

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strasburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Strasburg, VA (US)).

Interview

The interview was conducted by a three person panel. Very uncomfortable, felt more like an interrogation!!! Some of the questions were completed foolish, others too personal. The interview (with three people) took way to long and then I was given a test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We are offering this position as an entry level position into customer service.

Financial Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

didn't take much time, was through temp agency but done within 30 minutes. there should be phone interview but skipped because of weather and appear for 1:1 interview. I can say was easy and simple.

Interview Questions

• pretty straight , about past job, experience, environment and culture looking for ?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Actually it was quite comfortable, as the interviewer was highly knowledgeable and detailed as to the nature of the position, and what all the role would require. It was thorough, reciprocal and positive.

Interview Questions

• What do you (referring to me) consider to be your greatest attribute, relative to working closely with the client?   1 Answer

Client Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Got a direct call from their recruiting department after making my cv visible online on job searching websites. They called me and asked whether I would like to apply for a job they had available. They forwarded my cv to the office that the job was for and then had an interview scheduled for the next week and got offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions

• what is your current role, what do you do on a daily basis, what do you know about the company and role, what is it that we do, how do you work in a team, how do you motivate your colleagues, how do you deal with change, what if another member of staff is against change.   Answer Question

Creative Digital Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews (phone interview, in person, then another phone interview.) Neither of the three interviewers seemed to agree on defining the role… the last one was the most honest with me regarding "company environment." (old-school.) Seems like they were looking to hire someone to "save an account" but not sure.

Interview Questions

• Interesting: all three interviewers dominated the conversation by providing answers to the questions they were asking...None seemed very happy with their employer or situation?   1 Answer

Creative Strategist Interview

Interview

I'd give RRD a 6/10 in terms of screening you in. They vetted me well as a candidate; so first round of phone interviews went well, as did the initial in-person interview. The problem(s) were, these first layers did not have the same expectations for the role that the guy int he corner office had. There was a total disconnect.

With a background in design and strategy, I thought I'd try vendor-side for a change – the variety in client work sounded enticing... but they couldn't talk about the accounts.. just around the big ones based here in Atlanta. RRD aren't just printers anymore; whatever it is they do now is still a bit of a mystery. (Don't expect the website to help you prepare).

Because the creatives couldn't talk about which accounts this position might work with, it was difficult to learn more about the role really entailed. HR recruiters, an Art Director in NY and the Creative Director in Atlanta had a completely different vision from what the guy in the corner office had in mind. By the time I came in for the second in-person interview, I was hoping to finally learn about the role. Instead, corner office guy demanded to first see samples of my work. (Brought samples, but wanted to pick the most relevant). Turned out, what he really wants is someone who can sell, sell, sell. Creative background and conceptual abilities are not necessary for this role. All that's needed is a knowledge of whatever devices RRD manufactures and an ability to sell, sell, and upsell.

Interview Questions

• Show me what you can do for me.   1 Answer

unpleasant last interview

Print Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

I applied on line and received a call within two days. I had a meeting set for two more days. It was a positive experience. I met the internal recruiter at a hotel. We ended up speaking for over 30 minutes. She was in a bit of a rush to catch a plane. This is a huge global company. It has many divisions. Make sure you do your homework about the company before you interview.