R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions

Updated 15 Sep, 2014
Updated 15 Sep, 2014

2.7

Sales Interview

very easy - in person interview, offer made a couple of days later, probably the easiest interview process i ever experienced. Not really sure what I can say -

Manager Interview

several rounds of interview but still not been very straight forward. need to prepare well and go based on the position and be prepared for the background verification. Be very much to the subject and your experience with the work and ask questions if necessary.

Xbrl Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

My interview process was very swift. Altogether the process took about 2-3 weeks. The interviews were situation orientated dealing with experiences with clients, Great experience. The interviewers were very kind. The interview felt more of a conversation than a questionaire.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to go into detail a situation involving an angry client. I was asked to explain the relationships of GAAP statements and notes relating.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Had two managers in the interview. They were not sure of themselves and can easily see that they weren't qualified by the lack of substance in the interview. After answering a question their was a long pause for them to think up the next question. They weren't prepared with question and it seemed like they were winging it. It appeared that they didn't want to be there. They were terrible at assessing talent because of their lack of knowledge. We ended up telling jokes. It ended up being a joke. Very unprofessional especially with the decades these guys had with the company

Interview Questions
    • How many crew members did you have on the production lines that you have ran?   View Answer

Quality Interview

waited 3 months, interviewed by two supervisors. informal. asked about basic computer skills and wiliness to learn. light and easy. How would you handle certain issues in the office with coworkers

Shift Lead Interview

Very Slow and not satisfied. HR was very slow in scheduling the interview timings and the dates kept changing. The Joining date was not shared properly, there was a sudden change in joining date as well. Which was not disclosed prior.

Interview Questions
    • Repeated questions from all the levels   View Answer
    Negotiation was tough yet it was likely satified

Bindery Machine Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

You apply online, and get an email saying they got your application. They call you and set up an interview. As long as you are truthful with everything you put on your application you should be in good shape.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions about what would you do in the situation. Coming up with an expample of how you handled a situation is kind of hard.   Answer Question
    Easy, they offer you the job and you can accept. The pay is based on a chart, nothing to negotiate there.

Security Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2014.

The interview process was very unorganized. It took several emails over a period of two weeks to get in touch with the recruiter after receiving an initial email. While having my 1st round interview, I wasn't given theopportunity to ask any questions with HR. When the second round interview occurred, it appeared that the interviewers were very new to interviewing. There would be long pauses after I would answer questions (I assumed that it would only take a few seconds to write my responses). While I admit that this may have not been one of my best interviews, it didn't really have any substance to it and I'm glad that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you try to resolve bad software code within an internal application.   Answer Question

Preanetation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2014.

Incredibly simple. Contacted by HR recruiter via phone, applied for job on their recommendation, talked to another person via phone two days later, offered the job two days after that.

Offer was what I was looking for to make a career move and the hours are fantastic.

Account Manager Interview

Interviewed twice to gain my current position by upper management. The first time was with the human resources area, it was a basic entry level interview, standard questions with no surprises. The second interview was with the a group of three managers including the facility manager, customer service manager and an account manager at one time.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be within the company in 5 years?   Answer Question