Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.
www.qbsol.com Houston, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2012.

Interview Details Went to an campus recruiting info session and they really emphasized on on building relationships, a minimum GPA of 3.0, and that you must be a Canadian citizen in order to be considered. They don't seem to valuable previous technical skills and use your GPA to determine your work ethic because they will invest in training you technical skills.

The interview was held on campus and the entire process consists of three rounds. The first interview had me come in to talk to a guy who conducted a sort of pre-interview where he would talk to you and let you know a little about the company. He than took me to the next room where a lady, who was a manager, performed the actual interview. She would ask you a series of behavioral type of questions to determine if you are a good fit for the company. She stated that no technical component is ever given through the whole process. She said that the second interview would be with one of their executives that would consist very much of the same thing in a more relaxed setting to determine if they feel you are a good fit for the company since the Calgary office consisted of only 17 people. The third, and final round, would take you to their office where you would meet the rest of their staff. If everyone feels that you are a good fit, they will hire you.

Interview Question – "Give me an idea about your through pattern / approach to a problem"
"How do you define success"
"Describe your experience in working in a large company vs a smaller company"
  Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details First round interview question are pertained and focused on items on your resume, school work and campus involvement. The interview is about 45 minutes to one hour long depending on the amount of questions you ask. That evening I received a phone call informing me I have advanced to the next round interview the following morning. Second Interview is the following morning with a different person asking the questions. The questions asked during this round is mostly behavioral/situation questions (I.e tell me time when you....). The following Monday, I received another phone call informing me I have made it to the office visit. They will give you two dates for the office visit (either Thursday-Friday or Sunday-Monday). You get the chance to stay in hotel downtown. That night you will get the chance to meet other candidates and get pick up by a couple of HR reps and go out to dinner and talk to recent grads who work at Quroum. The following moring you will get picked up in the morning and driven to the office. At the office visit, you go through a info session, interview with executive and lunch with a different group of recent grads. The interview at the office is somewhat easy. Personally, my interview was more of a convo, I ask the person giving the interview questions the entire time. I received a phone call informing me Quorum would like to extend an offer upon graduation to me.

Interview Question – Why did you chose your major?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting. Got invited for an interview.

Interview Question – What would your biggest difficulty with the job be if you were hired?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

Interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Interview Details I came across this company at the engineering job fair. After speaking with the recruiters there, I had an initial on-campus interview scheduled. The recruiter was nice and the interview was fairly standard. We went over my work/research experience and qualifications, but there were no technical/quantitative questions. This was followed by a second on-campus interview with a different interviewer that asked very similar (standard) interview questions. Finally, I was flown out to the Houston office for an on-site interview. The night I arrived in Houston, the company took all of the new recruits out to dinner and answered any questions we had about the company. The next day we were taken to the office, given a tour, and interviewed with two executives with the company (I interviewed with a senior consultant and an executive in accounting). These interviews primarily served as an opportunity for me to learn more about the company and ask them questions. I received an offer within a week of returning home.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Interview Details Quick interview, they pretty much explained to me why this opportunity was great for me and the company. I had 2 outstanding offers, and I had to make a decision the same day, so it wasn't much of an interview, rather a sales pitch.

Interview Question – What would you do if your manager took credit for your suggestion?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offered me the highest salary for that position, no negotiation, they beat the other offers from other companies.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Interview Details I received an email inviting me to apply for the position from a director. I spoke with the team at the career fair, and was called about an interview the next week. The day before the interview, I went to the info session, which was very beneficial, then interviewed with a company VP the next day, followed by a 2nd interview the next day, and an on site interview in Houston a few weeks later.

Come with questions - all 3 of my interviews started with opportunities to ask questions - and are more than willing to let you spend 30 minutes or so asking questions, so come prepared.

The interview itself was pretty standard - they asked to tell a little bit about yourself, your previous work experiences, leadership positions on campus, why you picked your major, etc. Followed by those behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when.... and what the outcome was")

The process is just as much about you learning about their business and if you would be a good fit in a consulting role as it is them determining whether you're a right fit for them. My best advice to you: ask engaging questions that make your interviewer go into detail about the specifics of different roles (delivery, support, development, implementation, etc.) If you are genuinely interested in learning about Quorum, they will be interested in you.

Interview Question – You mentioned that it is most difficult for you to stay motivated when facing tedious tasks that aren't challenging. You may face a few of those situations here, how will you handle it, and how will you stay motivated?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a formal offer the day after my interview in Houston. The offer was better than I had been expecting - I did not try to negotiate. Given 2 weeks to accept/decline, but they mentioned they can be more flexible if need be.

Interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Interview Details A phone interview, then an onsite interview.

Interview Question – Are you okay with working long hours?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Interview Details Two rounds of on campus interviews and one onsite interview. The first was about my background and experience, the second was behavioral. The onsite interview day consisted of a couple of social gatherings with current Quorum employees, allowing candidates to determine if Quorum would be a good fit for them.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Havent accepted or declined yet, but have been given two weeks to make a decision.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

Interview Details College/University recruiting. Apply online then they invite you to a campus interview. The interview is a two day process. If they like you after the first interview then they will invite you back the next day. A week or so later they will let you know if you have made it ti the next round on interview which is an office visit. They will fly you out, and you will go to dinner with other candidates and current employees. The company pays for your hotel, plane, and transportation to and from the airport. The next day you will have one interview which is thirty minutes to an hour. The day of the interview they will feed you breakfast and lunch. They will let you know by that night if you got the job or not.

Interview Question – The technical questions will come from your resume and experiences. You will mainly just talk about projects you have worked on, and technical stuff you have done.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer with better benefits.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus career service website after company reps visited campus. Attended three stage interview process. Round 1 and 2 on campus. Feedback was very timely. The on site interview which happened about 2 weeks later was not as intense as many may assume. Had a wonderful dinner with my group the night before Round 3. Questions were mostly behavioral, also pertaining to resume, student career and personal objectives. Met with two different executives. Decision process and contact was fast.

Interview Question – Have you ever learned something outside your career that blew your mind away?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Consultant interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. employees and interview candidates.