Quintiles

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2010.

Interview Details Normal face to face with DM. Same old questions and answers. Since there are still so many pharmaceutical reps still out of work from the massive layoffs over the last decade, be prepared for fighting it out with many many other reps. As always, it's who you know.....not always who you are unfortunately.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details First was a phone interview. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that, candidates were selected to interview with both the Quintiles manager and the manager from the company with whom the position is being contracted. After that, it was the next day or so to hear back with an offer.

Interview Question – I do not remember the most difficult question. Definitely be able to answer why you want the position and do your research on the company with whom the contract will be partnering. Make sure to have documentation of your successes.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with Quintiles DM, followed by in person interview with Quintiles DM, Pharmaceutical client company DM, and current territory Rep. Wait period then job offer.

Interview Question – Talk me through your resume, why you, explain gap in time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2012.

Interview Details First, a phone screen, then, I interviewed in person with a Quintiles manager. If you pass, you'll interview with Quintiles client. For Janssen, it was first a panel interview (2 managers and HR), then with the Business Unit Director. If you pass, the final interview will be with the VP.

Interview Question – All behavioral   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Quintiles in March 2009.

Interview Details My boss did the screening and first interview and then he forwarded me to host company's GM and RM. it was a long process but pretty quick once I interviewed with all parties. The questions were standard pharma ones and they seems easier than a direct hire since we were brought on for a year just to support a product launch

Interview Question – I truly cannot recall as it has been awhile. Usually name you're biggest weakness or biggest challenge is always the toughest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted offer as is

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2012.

Interview Details phone screen and face to face interview

Interview Question – what would you do that was above and beyond your work scope?   Answer Question

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Quintiles in February 2012.

Interview Details Was contacted by Human Resources to schedule a personality test on the phone and then had a 1 on1 interview with Quintiles manager and was passed on to interview 1 on 1 with another manager. I was not contacted after that. Second interview was the usual why should I hire you?

Interview Questions

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative
Huntington Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Quintiles in January 2008.

Interview Details This was a pretty normal interview process and it took an average amount of time for it to unfold itself. I think that it was professionally conducted from start to finish.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where a doctor cancels last second before a lunch and learn?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Not much.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quintiles

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quintiles Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Quintiles employees and interview candidates.