Quintiles

Updated 12 Dec, 2014

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in December 2014.

Was referred in 4 months ago. Applied on in November. Got an email setting up a phone interview three weeks later. Face to face interview four days later, and a final interview three days later. Got an offer next day. Moved really quickly, very straightforward communication.

They gave me a chance to prove myself, and answered any questions I had in-depth.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to write a book named "Sales 101", what would the titles of the 5 chapters be?   Answer Question
No negotiation because of my minimal experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Quintiles

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles.

Contacted by recruiter about two weeks after applying through an employee referral. After initial phone screening to find out more about your background and resume, I was moved forward to the second round of interviews. The second round of interviews consisted of two separate interviews--the first with the regional manager of Quintiles that lasted about an hour and the second one was with the regional sales director of Takeda (since this was the company Quintiles is partnering under this contract), that lasted about 30 mins. They do not like to waste time, so I heard back from them the next day with the results.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker, Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to view your opinion or change their mind). Also what is your greatest strength and weakness, as well as why you want to be in pharmaceutical sales.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, there is already a set base salary.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

1. Phone Interview followed by a online screening.
    2. interview with the recrutier
    3. Final interview with the company's district manager

Overall it was about a month long process. I did not get the job, but overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not very unexpected questions. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quintiles.

Was a very quick process. Contacted a little less than 2 weeks after application.
    Initial interview on the phone, followed by a basic online assessment
    Got emailed like a week and half later for round 2 interview
    Round 2 interview in person - basic behavioral questions, laid back, nothing out of the ordinary
    Got called 1.5 weeks later for final round interview
    Final interview with DSM, pretty much same questions, behavioral.

It was an average interview process, and good interview practice. The other candidate had much more sales experience than my fresh out of college self.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quintiles.

Applied online, received call from recruiter phone interview, inventory assessment, and face to face. face to face very comfortable format one on one. All the basic interview quesitons going over your experience and behavioral questions. Use prior experience from my back ground in sales to answer questions.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Quintiles in August 2014.

I had my first interview with a Quintiles rep and it was very down to earth. I had a employee referral from the inside company Quintiles was working with so it was very informal. But once I had my second interview with the pharma company it was very intense and with a panel.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Initial 30 min phone call about the opportunity, next an hour phone interview, followed a sales aptitude test then by a F2F with the staffing manager and finally flown out to Atlanta where I had 2 rounds of interviews. Received call with offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were STAR questions and behavior based. Describe a time when you... Etc most difficult question was probably describe a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

The process took 6 weeks, phone interview followed by assessment test, F2F with Quintiles DM, Flown to Chicago for interview with Pharma company interview with DM, Regional Manager. Initial interview was very easy basic questions. Interviews with Pharma company was a bit more difficult with many behavior based questions. Answers were often questioned with a rebuttal needed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out just dug into past experiences asking how you responded.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

I applied online through indeed.com on a Sunday, received the sales inventory questionnaire on Monday, first call to set up an interview on Tuesday and had my first interview with Quintiles on Wednesday. I had two additional interviews with DSM's representing two different districts and received my job offer after the last interview. The entire process was quick and fairly easy. The interview questions were behavioral and not very difficult at all. Both interviews with the DSM's were very similar, they both pretty much asked the same questions. Not a difficult or intimidating process at all especially for someone who is new to the pharmaceutical industry.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward and behavioral; easy to pull from your past experience in any field and apply to the questions.   Answer Question
    There was absolutely no negotiation

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

This company was very through with the interview. Process. It started with a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The recruiter was very friendly and accommodating with scheduling both of these interviews. Overall I rank this company highly so far and hope to be able to the Quintiles team.