Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan, 2015
Updated 30 Jan, 2015

2.9

Support Staff Interview

Interview

The Interview process was average, nothing out of the norm as I went through a recruiting agency. They interviewers were very polite but at the same time, they mean business. It was made clear that it is a very busy environment, and they need someone to stay on their toes, at the same time, you have the ability to dress comfortably and use any tools necessary to get the job done correctly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, the same question seemed to be asked more than once, but in different words. All in all, it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in January 2015.

Interview

I was set up for an interview through a staffing agency. I interviewed with the staffing agency and then the law firm was interested in setting up an interview with them once they saw my resume and credentials. I arrived early and dressed professional. My interviewer was wearing a Yankees hat with a du-rag, t-shirt, jeans, and Timberland boots. I knew they allowed people to dress casual, but really? This is the first person I met from Quinn Emanuel and this will be the lasting impression I always have of them.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewer was casually dressed, wearing jeans and drinking a coke. Was a brief interview (during OCI) but received an invitation to their networking event that night and a callback. Overall was a less traditional law firm interview - we spoke about drinking and wine. Lawyer was on his phone twice during the interview.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Beautiful office, nice people, everyone wears jeans. I had a great interview with the Paralegal Coordinator and a Senior Paralegal who was part of the team seeking another paralegal. The Associates I met with were extremely nice and did not seem overstressed as with a typical AmLaw 100 firm.

Interview Questions

• Sounds like you are doing more exciting work at your current position. Why would you want to take this position?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview

I was hired through a recruiter and went a couple of times to meet with the HR manager. I was hired the same week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I was asked about background and skills.   Answer Question

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Very laid back and friendly. You will meet with another staff attorney and discuss the case and expectations of the job. Most staff contract attorneys are very helpful. Some feel entitled to more because Quinn spoils them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it

Litigation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a partner at the firm and the firm's practice manager. Both were delightful to meet and discuss with. The firm has a genuine can-do and think outside the box attitude. I was less exprienced to what they required but it was an experience that I would highly recommend to anyone considering applying to their London office.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working at a firm that acts against financial institutions when most top city firms act in those institutions' defence? Are you concerned about your future employability if you join the firm?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Standard interview questions and experience. Expect to meet with two or three Associates, and two or three partners. Questions revolved around your past experiences, why you want to work at Quinn, and why you are leaving your immediately prior role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you lateralling from your former position? Were you on track to make partner at your former firm? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was focused on whether you can do the job, and whether you have the experience to handle such a competitive environment. It was a more adversarial interview than most I have had with law firms--these are litigators with little taste for beating around the bush.

Interview Questions

• If you don't have the experience to be here, you will get pressed on that point continually.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only negotiated start date.

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview

Interview and background check.