Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014
Updated 16 Oct, 2014

2.7

Developer Interview

interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in October 2014.

First interview on phone call and then on site interview, really nice experience, amazing people, and really talked respectfully and give you their time to understand your good and bad points. They test your analytical skills as well interpersonal skills

Medical Technologist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

One interview with a panel of individuals. Possibly 2 interviews on same day with direct supervisors and lab manager. There is no standardization of the interview process. If they want, they do 2 interviews, if they feel like it, they only do 1. You can be hired in 1 interview if the supervisor likes you.

Interview Questions
    • Technical bench questions used to be the most difficult at my time of interview, but the hiring manager for my department doesn't know the bench work, so that's probably gone away by now.   Answer Question
    There is none. You take or don't take. They act like their hands are tied.

Specimen Technician I Interview

For the phone interview, they asked very basic interview questions i.e. What do you know about our company, why do you want to work for this company, what experience do you have that relates to this job.I didn't have any experience relating to this job, and maybe that is why I never got a face to face interview. Overall, compared to other interviews I have had this one asked the most basic and common interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were moving the job location from Southern to Northern California, and they asked me if I was okay with that.   Answer Question

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2014.

Applied for position and got a call for phone interview 2 days later phone screening lasted about 20min .was asked to schedule an in person interview the following Monday. The face to face interview lasted only 5 min they asked 5 questions and said most of the questions they had were asked during the phone screening. I was nervous at first but they don't even look at u during the interview,they were too busy writing my responses. They said I will receive a call from the person who held the phone interview,It's been 2days and I'm still awaiting an offer

Interview Questions
    • They ask behavioral based questions you have to pretty much tell a story.
      " name a time you disagreed with your supervisor? What did you do?
      Name a time you sacrificed something for the sake of your job?
        Answer Question

Grossing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

I was contacted over the phone and spoke to the hiring manager about my skill set. She told me she would have HR contact me set up an interview in person. I have the date and time with in a couple days. I met the hiring manager and the team lead at the lab and we toured the lab where I was interviewing for. We had an in depth discussion about my skill set with examples and my views on interpersonal interactions with co-workers. I then spent some time in HR with the rep who contacted me and filled out several forms for my file.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real question that threw me or that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Phlebotomy Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Very quick process if there is a position open and needing filled. Easy questions if you know your job. Company was very small. So not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Interview Questions
    • The supervisor wasn't very good at interview very puzzled and unorganized   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my pay

Specimen Processor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Was hired through an agent. Have to take an online skill typing test before proceeding to the next step. Interview lasted for 15 minutes and a tour around the lab. No hard questions, just a regular conversation.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in July 2014.

About a month after applying for the job I got a call from the HR department to schedule a face-to-face interview. The interview went well and after I was told that I would be strongly recommended for the job and I would be contacted by someone in about two weeks. At two weeks I contacted HR and the person I interviewed with . I received an email about four days later from HR saying that they were still very interested but had not made a decision yet. It has now been 6 weeks since the interview and I have yet to hear from anyone.

PCT I Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Good the first Manager that interviewed me was friendly she is nothing like my current Manager. I would suggest acting very friendly and only speak when asked to some Managers are not to friendly and on a power trip so don't seem to smart if you know what I mean.

Interview Questions
    I had to ask for more money offer to low.

Route Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2014.

Applied on line, June 8th for Route Service Representative position. Received a call for phone interview on June 16th. Had phone interview last Friday, June 18th. The woman explained the job would only be for 24 hours per week, at $10.00 per hour. I would be driving approximately 100 miles per day, making 20-25 stops per day. The good news was, I would be using their vehicle for the deliveries. The phone interview seemed to go well. I answered her questions about my job history, and how I felt about dealing with live specimens. At the end of the interview, she said I would be hearing from the main office for the next step in the hiring process. As of today, I have not heard from her, or anyone else in the company.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, she asked me twice how I felt about handling or dealing with live specimens.   View Answer