Qualcomm

3.4

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   View Answer
    Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

it was a nice interview. location in santa clara

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

One phone interview and then onsite interview. First I gave a presentation on my thesis onsite. Several difficult questions were asked during my presentation. Next, seven (1:1) interviews. I really enjoyed the interview process. I guess they are looking for: 1) Skill set -- how it matches to their projects, 2) Motivation and Passion towards the projects, and 3) Team Player: how well you mingle with the team members.

Interview Questions
    • How well your ideas (thesis) fit into Qualcomm research projects? I think that this is really very difficult question to answer.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

1 hour of phone interview and about 5 hours of onsite interview

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

45 minutes phone interview first, and then got invitation for onsite on the same day. onsite is to meet 6-8 people, and each meeting is about 45 minutes. the questions of onsite and phone interview has no much difference. it is all about wireless comms, signal processing, estimation theory, and probability.

SCM Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Phone Screening -- Not too technical! for an hour
    Onsite interview - The whole day interviews with 6-8 people.
    ssssss sssss ssss sss ssssss ssssss sss ssssss sssss sss ssss sssss sssss ssssss ssss sssssss ssssssssss ssss ssss sssssss ssss sssss sss sss ssss

Interview Questions
    • How the revisions of each file will be stored in the backend for different version control systems?   Answer Question

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

Applied on their career website. First was the phone interview where they asked about my projects and some basic questions. Called onsite at Santa Clara where i had 6 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • questions were pretty simple like create a linked list of n nodes, some puzzles   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

I had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice and tried to help my answers. The questions were basic and not so difficult to answer as listed below:
    1. Explain about your most recent work.
    2. How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
    3. Explain about coherent bandwidth
    and some more questions I do not remember now. Although my application was rejected immediately due to my poor answers, the interviewer gave me a lot of encouraging comments.

Interview Questions
    • How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
      A desirable answer might be to say "apply correlator".
        Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

4 telephonic technical interviews based on operating systems, data structures and algorithms

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was about the java project which I did in my ug   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Took 2 weeks to set up phone interview set up, no call, waited waited waited. Setup a new one 1 week later. On-site interview set up in 3weeks. Took 3more weeks to get to know that offer was on the way. Took 2 weeks after that for the offer to finally land up. EXTREMELY slow hiring process. Took 3months from resume sent to offer.

Interview Questions

I had got 2 offers by the time this offer can through and I could not delay the offers.