Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,006 Interview Reviews

3.1

Automation Engineer Interview

Initial phone round for brief session about my resume. After that followed by a 1 hr Skype interview . Asking in detail about Object Oriented principles, Perl and some Networking concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult Question was Networking concepts. I was completely un prepared but managed to do so somehow   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

- Submitted application online and a few weeks later the recruiter contacted to set up a phone interview. A week after phone interview they flew me over to San Diego for an on-site interview with different people in the group. Interviewers ranges from Senior and Staff Engineers to managers. Interview covered basic managerial questions as well as questions on Rf fundamentals, transceiver design, and troubleshooting techniques for hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Describe pros and cons of zero-IF transceiver architectures. Design techniques for mitigating cons, and design circuit to implement such a solution.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

There was only one round of interview for the contract position i have joined. It was so easy to clear the interview.There was only one round of interview for the contract position i have joined. It was so easy to clear the interview.There was only one round of interview for the contract position i have joined. It was so easy to clear the interview.

Communication Engineer Interview

first round was aptitude + basic programming +hardware/software
    all MCQs... first two sections are compulsory, and there is choice between hardware and software in 3rd section. (hardware questions are really tough). few students are shortlisted for interview. all the shortlisted students go through two technical interviews focused mainly on your resume and basics from your core discipline courses. then selected candidates are sent to HR.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions are not that difficult. HR may surprise you..   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2014.

Telephone Interview - Applied on linkedin - sent connection request to recruiter and team members. Got an interview invite after 2 weeks. 45mins interview. I didn't perform very well. they asked my projects and then gave some programming questions and on probability.

Interview Questions
    • Probability questions : Consider a triangle with 3 vertices and 3 edges with a person standing on the midpoint of each edge. Now if these 3 persons start moving towards a nearest vertex, find the probability of their collision   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2014.

Applied through campus:-

Round 1 : aptitude round with negative marking - >asked C output questions, ds , os, networks and ca questions in the technical section. the aptitude section contained some di, logical reasoning and general aptitude questions.

Round 2 : Tech interview 1 -> asked which language I was comfortable with. I said C/C++. So they asked questions from OOPs concepts, where static variables are stored, what the running time of search operation in AVL tree was and why it was so. I don't remember the other questions

Round 3: Tech Interview 2 -> asked questions related to OS, networks, Bit manipulation and puzzle.
    what is the differentiating factor between a real time os and a general purplose os?
    what is the difference between tcp and udp. What is used in youtube buffering (tcp/udp)
    how do you count number of bits set in a number? how do you find if a number is a power of 2.
    Given a pointer to the node to delete (and no other pointer) how would you delete the whole node's structure.
    Given a weighing machine and 10 bags, with 1 bag having defective balls, how will you find the bag with defective balls by weighing only once.

Round 4: Behavioral questions and future plans

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Applied for a position. Six months later, a HR contacted me set up a next-day interview. Nice hiring manager. Five or six problems on the phone. Some basic communication theory questions. Including channel modeling, capacity calculation and channel characteristics. Kinda hard to catch the problems because of being nervous. But frankly speaking, those questions are not that hard.

Analog Desigin Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

There were 2 phone interviews. The first phone interview was just about very basic analog question, such as gain of the CS or SF. How did you measure the loop gain. The second phone interview is also analog but it was related with the project that has been done. It was also a small question regarding the future plan.

Systems Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm.

First, go to qualcomm website and upload all the resume + personal info. Search which job you would apply for and wait till they contact you. I receive my email from them within 1 week and had 1 Hour Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Be prepare to answer very technical question. Review your EE knowledge otherwise you will be burned!   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Compiler Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

I had phone interviews with two different managers, both lasted about an hour. Phone interview was based on my PhD thesis, basic compiler theory and basic C++. Then I was called for an on-site interview at San Diego. I had to give a talk in front of the interview panel. Then I met 5 managers, including 1 lunch interview. Finally met the HR which was just about overall experience, expected salary etc.

The 1:1 interviews were mixed. They did not look very prepared or organized. I had to switch between rooms for one 1:1. One interviewer seemed bored and uninterested, working on other stuff while I was answering questions. He/she also assumed I am from a specific country which I am not. This interviewer looked very unprofessional to me. The lunch interviews are awkward and IMHO a bad idea. My final two went exceptionally well. The director was nice and encouraging. But I got no offer at the end, which was expected given the majority of my interviews were not great.