Qualcomm

Updated 25 Jan, 2015
1,086 Interview Reviews

3.1

Android Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I only had one over the phone interview, but we talked for about 20 minutes. The interviewer needed some one who was good with android and told me that they might need node.js work done. The interview also said that even though they were hiring for an android developer, they would have me do a lot of web development.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Two interviews each about 45 minutes. The first one was some questions about my past experience and from my resume. Asked some basic signal processing questions. The second interview was more technical. Mostly on OFDM systems, equalization, DSP algorithms, receivers non-linearities and some basic probability questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

They asked me to go over my resume and asked a few questions about projects I've worked on. No skill testing or tough questions. Very casual, as I only met with each person for 20 minutes so not much other than resume questions.

The position was filled internally, which apparently happens all the time here. The only way u can get a job at qualcomm is if you already work there (nepotism is also a popular way to get a job here). Total waste of time, especially as it was an all day interview even though they knew they were going internal the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this position   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Had a phone interview with one of the Software Engineer. After one and half month, I received an email from the HR to schedule for an onsite interview. I was really surprised when I didn't had any hope.

• Round 0: HR asked few questions (generic) about my interests. Also, she told me about the interview process.

• Round 1:
        Intersection of two sorted arrays.

• Round 2:
        ○ Count the number of 1s in an unsigned integer.
        ○ In Place matrix transpose

• Round 3:
        ○ How does main(), functions stored in memory?
        ○ Identifying successful copying from source to target array when target may have some overlapping elements.
        ○ What happens when a packet is lost in TCP

• Round 4:
        ○ Diversity techniques? Why it's needed? What happens in multi-path?
        ○ Inter-Symbol Interference analysis in frequency domain
        ○ C Questions:
            § Static int a=5;
            § int a=5; what is the difference between two? Where do two stored?

• Round 5:
        ○ What happens when a low priority task holding a lock is preempted by a high priority task?
        ○ Some more questions which I don’t remember now!

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were unclear, which showed me that they were not at all interested in conducting proper interview.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

2 interviews round.

1st round: chit chat session with HR. Then followed by theory test. That small talk with hr. Then interviewed by two managers. Depending on the day/department, will be be interviewed by different number of managers.

2nd round: interview by hr/company director

N/a

Intern Interview

We had 2 Hour online exams in our campus.....exam had three parts
    a)digital b)C and datastructure c) aptitude
    Question were easy but you need to manage time especially in digital.
    Please learn data structure if already dont know (EE people)
    Aptitude question were normal like any other companys questions

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interviewer was late and unorganized. Unable to understand what the interviewer was saying and asked questions on languages I'm unfamiliar with. Not a good interview overall. Interviewer didn't know who I was initially and called me late. I had to contact the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interviews. Interviewer was difficult to understand and seemed unfamiliar with some of the common software used in his specialization. The location and start date were impossible for me and we realized that in the first few minutes of the interview. I found the whole interview to be technically easy but was thrown off by the unprepared nature of the interviewer.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2014.

Applied online. Get an email from HR that scheduled me with interviews with two people from the same team. The interviewers are all indians. I felt a little bit hard to understand them very well. They are very patient. Qustions asked: compilers, computer architecture, java virtual machine, web browser, two simple programming questions concerning the operation on linked list and array. The interviewer and the HR are very nice! Good company!

Interview Questions
    • questions in computer architecture. It has been some time after I learned the CA. I was not very familiar with questions such as vectorization, instruction scheduling.   Answer Question
    no negotiation