Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer, Senior Interview

Engineer, Senior
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2012.

Interview Details It was well planned by HR. However at the time they were on a hiring spree so everything was wrapped up quite fast in my case, interview to offer in 1 month.

There were three onsite interviews in a day in Hyderabad. They were of ascending hardness. At the end was a formal discussion with HR.

Negotiation Details – HR increased my relocation and sign on bonus by 50% upon negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and got an email from their HR to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was actually the person I will be reporting to if I get an offer. It was a technical round and he asked me C, C++, Linux questions. After few days I was informed that I was selected for the onsite interview. It was an all day process from 10am-5pm.. I had by 4-5 technical rounds and 1 HR round. I received the offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Question – All the questions were the standard ones expected in interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Visa issues..

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details A technical test conducted online consisting of IQ, technical and coding based question followed by a technical interview with questions based on resume and past coursework.
Based on that I was given an intern position and we were expected to perform well and an exit interview was conducted by senior HR

Interview Question – What is a signal?   View Answer

SCM Engineer Interview

SCM Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details Phone Screening -- Not too technical! for an hour
Onsite interview - The whole day interviews with 6-8 people.
ssssss sssss ssss sss ssssss ssssss sss ssssss sssss sss ssss sssss sssss ssssss ssss sssssss ssssssssss ssss ssss sssssss ssss sssss sss sss ssss

Interview Question – How the revisions of each file will be stored in the backend for different version control systems?   Answer Question

Senior Lead Software Engineer Interview

Senior Lead Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details First round of technical interview followed by three rounds of onsite technical interview followed by HR round. Technical rounds are quite grilling for full time hires. When it comes to part time hires, the interview is more dependent on the team that you are giving the interview for. For test roles the interview process isn't much grilling.

Interview Question – Got into lot of detail wrt operating system internals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take or leave attitude.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Got interview chance from internal referral. The entire process (from phone interview to onsite interview, and then got offer) takes about 1.5 month. One phone interview, and one onsite interview with 7 interviewers (6 technical interviewers and 1 HR).

Interview Question – How would you design an elevator system.
Follow up, is there any problems (from a embedded system point of view) you should prevent and how will you prevent it in your design.
  View Answer

Validatoin Engineer Interview

Validatoin Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details questions will be mainly related to C language and the protocols. So you need to very good at commnication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART and may be usb and some memory related thuings.
If you have worked on SOC then be good at the architecture of the SOC.

Interview Question – Pointers   View Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Interview Details Recruitment was fine, friendly and set up the process. Onsite for three interviews in total. Interview with panel of peers was most difficult, they were clearly testing the waters. I appreciated my interviews with the Directors much more than the consultant level employees. Excellent casual work culture, enjoyed the experience.

Interview Question – Was grilled in a panel interview with 5 peers.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Question – How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Boulder, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was really well tailored to select for critical thinking and problem solving rather than learned skills. The interviewers were clearly very technically skilled but still more concerned with creativity.

Interview Question – I was presented with a stack of one dollar bills and told to sort them, with no further explanation.   Answer Question