Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr, 2015
1,120 Interview Reviews

3.1

I/O Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks for the phone interview and another two weeks for the onsite in San Diego. Onsite had total 6 people, 1st was hr then 5 engineers 1:1.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about driver design, cmos circuit design and transmission line theory.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. The person I spoke to was very friendly and helped me get to few of the answers for the questions he asked. The questions were mostly general telecommunications questions and a couple operating systems questions.

The second interview was on-site. The process took nearly the entire day beginning at 9 in the morning and ending around 4 in the afternoon. I met with the head of HR then moved to a different building to meet with one of the engineers. After this was the lunch interview with the head of the QA department. After that I met with another engineer who tested my problem solving abilities. The last interview was with a software engineer who tested my knowledge of various languages.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2015.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview. I was asked very detailed questions from my resume and how I implemented my projects. Went well and was told by the interviewer itself that he will recommend me for onsite interview. Got another email by the recruiter for second phone interview. I think they thought of taking another round of interview on phone itself. So had another round of phone interview. This position required skills in python and java (as told by the previous interviewer and that's what I knew in programming languages) but the interviewer had set of questions prepared for me in C. I told the interviewer that I might be at very beginner level in understanding C. So he started asking questions from my resume. Also the interviewer told me that he was from another team (not the one in which hiring was taking place) It was very unorganized interview (of course because the interviewer did not even bother to know my skill set and the skills required for job position).

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions from projects mentioned in my resume   Answer Question

RF Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was almost all about the resume, so prepare it carefully.
    The onsite took 6 rounds, 1 with HR, 5 with technical stuff. The people are really nice, so don't be nervous. It took me 6 hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between c and c++?
      key word virtuall

Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site three weeks later. They were designing their own transaction protocol based on the AMBA AXI/ACE spec. I was fortunate to have studied the same for two months for directed research under a professor. I could tackle AXI questions.

Interview went well. Didn't nail it but not too bad. Got a verbal offer three weeks later, waiting for a written one.

Interview Questions

• What are the channel in AXI and ACE? What is cache coherency?   Answer Question
    • Design a variable size decoder in Verilog.   Answer Question
    • DDR2 initialization engine synthesis issues (from my resume).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still waiitng on the written offer, but will not negotiate. The job profile is too good and I am an entry level graduate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions

• What are setup and hold times?
      Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
      Explain your standard cells library project.
      How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your academic projects   1 Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

RFIC Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Give a talk about the research that I have done. Then several engineers ask questions about the research work and some basic questions on RFIC design. Even I don't know how to answer some of the questions, the interviewers will give some hints and guide me to answer them correctly.

Interview Questions

• Do the matching of LNA on the Smith Chart.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   Answer Question