Qualcomm

802 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Went through an agency

Interview Question – Why you want to work for qualcomm   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details They contacted me via email after numerous attempts to contact someone in the group. I applied online but it was disregarded. Eventually a friend of mine handed over my resume and I was invited. There were 5-6 interviewers in the room that tried to fail me, it felt like they already had someone in their mind for the position.

Interview Question – They didnt really explain well the questions. Questions like "How do you manage a fixed point design". I tried to make they clarify but they replied with the same question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Markham, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview. The guy seemed to disapprove of everything i said. He was an okay guy, just makes you doubt yourself. Asked about my past projects and experiences

Interview Question – Write code from my past projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Markham, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details 1 round of telephone interview with hiring manager. 1 round on site interview for 4 hours, including 5 1-1 interview.

Interview Question – Sort random linked list.   View Answer

Hardware Design Verification Intern Interview

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details Interview was scheduled and setup by campus cooperative education office. It was a 30 minutes interview with 2 interviewers one of which was a project manager and the other a senior engineer on the team.

Interview Question – Since the interview was for a hardware position, they asked more software related questions than I expected but were all easy   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Design Verification Engineer
Markham, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details Received phone call indicating they were interested in interviewing me followed by an email with a list of people I would interview with. The process was fairly disorganized with people coming and going at random times as the interview progressed with up to 8+ people in the room at certain times. Questions revolved around skills indicated on resume, and required drawing and coding on a whiteboard.

Interview Question – Write a decimal to hex function in C   View Answer

Multimedia Design and Verification Intern Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied through University job portal
Interviewed within 2 weeks

Interview Question – Difference between a latch and a flipflop   View Answers (2)

ASIC Design and Design Verification Engineer Interview

Markham, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews from different groups, from 11am to 4pm, including lunch time.

Interview Question – they focused a lot on OOP, which is unexpected given the title that I applied.   View Answer

Multimedia Driver Software Engineering Interview

Markham, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Interview Details Student interview at my university. Interviewer was very nice, and asked about stuff I've done on my resume. He seemed interested in what I've done. He described the job to me, and asked me on the spot whether I would take the job now. He also called me twice later repeating the question. Interview wasn't very technical in nature, but he asked whether or not I knew about threading, and locks.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where a deadlock would occur.   View Answers (3)

Reason for Declining – Had an interview with a different employer that I thought was going well and wanted that job more.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2011.

Interview Details I found out about open positions from a friend.
I applied online and he also forwarded my resume internally.
I had three interviews in person.
The first interview was about my past work and skills led by my manager and senior members of the team.
The second interview was about my previoust work with some skills questions with other members of the team.
The third interview was with my manager and director about the work that the team does, my future role in it, and about communication with the headquarter and remote sites.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to ensure that addres translation in a memory management unit completes within a given time frame?   View Answer
  • How I would assign address bits for channel and bank steering?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary to a certain extent.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice. All 802 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.