Qualcomm CDMA

Getting the Interview

107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details This was such a horrible process and a waste of my time. HR contacted me for a phone interview and gave me the time and day I would have it, nobody end up calling me. Spoke to HR again and the person apologized and set up a new time and told me I would get an e-mail to confirm my interview, never received an e-mail, but the interviewer end up calling me unexpectedly not at the time I was assigned, and I was at work so I couldn't do the interview. Finally, HR got it right and I end up have a phone interview a couple weeks later.

This guy was not supposed to interview me, apparently the person who was supposed to interview me was busy. Initially it wasn't too bad he just asked me what projects I've done and what I do at work, which is easy enough. Then he started asking me what classes I've taken and questions on those classes, but he was correcting me on a lot of things I had been taught, and I told him that's what I was taught and he tried telling me I was taught wrong. It was very degrading and he was extremely offensive.

The worst part was after when he started drilling me on random EE concepts that I didn't know about, he would ask a question about a topic and if I said, "I'm not familiar with this concept" he would try to ask me further questions about the topic. If I don't know anything about a topic, why would you ask me further questions?

I couldn't understand him a lot of the time so I tried to do most of the talking by elaborating, but he was not 100% focused. I told him my digital filtering project (designing a Butterworth filter) and then about 5 minutes later he asked if I knew what a Butterworth filter is. Hello? Are you listening to me?

Interview Question – Unexpected question was when he asked if I knew what a Butterworth was after having just explained it to him (in detail) about my project of designing a Butterworth filter.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in October 2012.

Interview Details I applied online. Got an email to schedule phone interview the very next day. Phone interview was mostly focused on C, OS and Networking. Since I did well on that, I was called onsite after a couple of weeks. Onsite consisted on 5 tech rounds and 1 HR round. Tech rounds are entirely focused on C, OS, problem solving skills and your resume. The interview process was very smooth and candidates were well taken care of. I am waiting to hear back from them.
Tech questions were as follows.

1. Programs for binary search, linked list node deletion, string reversal, calculate no of bits in a number in given base, division of floating point numbers.
2. Difference between macros and functions, why/where to use macros
3. Use of static
4. Scheduling
5. How to prevent deadlocks
6. What data structures is used in routers

Overall, the key is to be thorough with C, OS and memory management

Interview Question – Lunch interview was the toughest. The interviewer went deep into OS and memory management.   Answer Question

Software (LTE) Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in July 2012.

Interview Details Applied through a reference at QCT. First round was a phone interview which was mostly C with couple of OS related questions. Was called for an on-site interview. Was interview with around 40 candidates that day. It was 4 rounds. One engineer asked questions based on my project. 2nd engineer asked me questions based on Microprocessor architecture. Other 2 engineers asked me write programs on white board based on Linked Lists. Was able to answer most. I received an offer after a week. They were responsive in emails with them. Interview arrangements like Flight, Hotel and Car was smooth. The team looked promising since they were working on the new LTE technology. Most of the other interview candidates seemed fresh out of college.

Interview Question – Explain how an interrupt works inside a microprocessor. Questions related to Program counter, registers, stack and timing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer and a job I liked better.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details 1 phone interview and 1 round on-site by 7 interviewers

Interview Question – what is latch-up of a MOSFET   Answer Question

Qualcomm R&D PHy Layer Systems Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in September 2012.

Interview Details 6 Round of interviews in Site

Interview Question – Questions on CDMA, MIMO, Stochastic Process, Probability, Signal Processing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer from qualcomm in QCT Modem System

Senior SCA Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details Applied on line. HM called me directly. After 30 mins interview, he decided to bring me in for on site. 7 1:1 interviews for the onsite, Got the offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Really no difficult questions   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details Skipped the telephonic since I had a reference within the company.
Interviewed with the San Diego team. Had interviews lined up all day from 10.30 am until 5 pm, with a friendly lunch in the middle.
Completely technical, spoke on different protocols, low power techniques, C programming for embedded, and building a verification environment. Overall all interviewers asked pointed, relevant and good questions, without the slightest hint of condescension. This was among the longest interviews I've had in my career and also among the most professional.

Interview Question – Spoke about some post silicon validation. Haven't had much experience working in the lab so it didn't matter.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details Consists of 2 telephonic interviews concentrating mostly on my resume, C, RTOS and data structures.

Interview Question – nothing. was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Delhi (India)

I interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in August 2012.

Interview Details it was an on campus recruitment process. The process involved a written test comprising of logical, coding and VLSI sections each consisting of 20 questions with no -ve marking. The test conduction is outsourced to another company.

Interview Question – Which technology after CMOS?   Answer Question

HW VALIDATION and POST SILICON Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details I had a telephonic interview with some chinese person. He interviewed me for 50 min. and he asked me about my resume. Very deeply drilled with Embedded systems, mostly interupts and he also asked basic questions like communication related Nyquist theorem.

Interview Questions

• How are global variables in C accessed?   View Answer
  • What is difference between functions and interupts?   View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm CDMA