Qualcomm CDMA

107 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in July 2011.

Interview Details 4-5 rounds targeting skills in Computer Architecture(Basic and Avanced), Verilog, System Verilog,C, C++, Perl programming skills, real-time design and verification questions, and also projects I did during my Masters

Interview Question – Was given a design and asked how would I verify it? What interesting test-cases I could think of?etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in February 2014.

Interview Details Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
Technical Questions asked :
1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
4) What is buffer overflow ?
5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
4) What is singleton class ?
5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
6) Difference between C and Java.
7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
2) Explain Method Overloading
3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Question – 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )
  Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Question – Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details HR emailed me that I was shortlisted and had to give 2 technical interviews. First tech interview was tuff with question mainly on C/C++ and on Opencv as my project was on that. 2nd Interviewer ws nice it was easy mainly asked C/C++, TCP/UDP, CDMA/LTE etc.... Now awaiting results..

Interview Question – What is best way to design a destructor in a base class?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Question – Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
One question:
int *a=10; a++;
string *a='10'; a++;
What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?
  Answer Question

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Staff Design Engineer

Interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA

Interview Details I applied online and were notified to have phone interview in 2 weeks. The phone interview was about one hour or so. Basic circuit questions and some background questions. The notice for on site interview was received in about two weeks.

Interview Question – Were asked about system development experience   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details It is difficult to break into the hiring process at Qualcomm because so many people apply. The best ways to improve your chance of getting hired: try to get an internship while you are still in college. They offer many opportunities for engineering interns, and the experience will help you no matter where you go after college. If not a new grad, be sure the key words in your resume are the right kind for the job you want. Prepare extremely well for the interview process. You will likely talk to 6 to 8 people, and will likely be called back for another round before being hired. Because it is a large company with many positions hiring, the process is cumbersome and can take far longer than you think it should. Do your best to get business cards or at least the full names of the people who speak with you. Send thank you notes after the interview, by paper or email, and it is OK to inquire a week or two later to the HR representative about how the process is going. You can also ask where they are in the process while you are interviewing. You will interview with people from more than one department, and will get technical questions and experience/personality questions. If you are an electrical engineer, you should be able to describe basic circuits, and may get some very in depth questions, so brush up on what you should know as an engineer in your field! Learn something about Qualcomm technology so that you can ask good questions. Any engineering interviewee will get some technical probing. Know as much as possible about what Qualcomm does, how CDMA works, what kinds of technologies are used to make Qualcomm products and where Qualcomm products are used. If you have some work experience already, emphasize what you have accomplished and what your role was in different projects at your current or previous jobs. You want to sound like someone who can be cooperative, creative, hard-working, take initiative, have good judgement, solve problems, keep company goals in mind, etc. Think about how to describe how you have done these things in detail before you go for the interview. Some people at Qualcomm are very detailed interviewers with lots of interviewing experience, so expect it and be prepared. You will not likely be given a personality test, drug test, or IQ test of any kind.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions will be probing of previous experiences and where you have shown leadership. This is a company that wants to hire leaders at every level. Know what you will say when asked what your areas of least and greatest strength are. The best type of weakness or least strength can be something that is actually a strength, it depends how you word it :) For example, "I don't have patience sometimes when people say they will do something and then they don't do it." Your are saying impatience is a weakness, but really you are showing that you are the type of person who does what he says he will do and expects the same from others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a huge amount of negotiation possible, but a few thousand can be gotten.

Very Easy Interview

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details Initial phone interviews were positive and professional. The on site interview started off well with the HR portion. It went down hill fast. I interviewed with 5 people during the day. One interview was in the cafe next to the TV, another in the lobby of the lobby next to the coffee shop. The interviews were sketchy and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Interviews were not that technical and I was surprised by the lack of serious questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA.

Interview Details First they carried out telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was mainly based around Real Time OS concepts, C programming. After telephonic interview got call for onsite interview.

Interview Question – Can variable be declared with "Const" and "Volatile" quantifier ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer - LTE (C - Real-Time/Embedded) Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm CDMA in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied on LinkedIn - Got an email from in about a week for a telephonic interview. The interviewer was very cooperative, questions included a lot of basic OS concepts, C/C++ questions like volatile,static , inheritance, overloading, a question on how to find the largest sum in a given array.
Was invited to an onsite hiring event in March. The process was pretty smooth. Five rounds, the first of which was a casual HR round then interview with 4 people (team leaders to Managers). Heavy stress on bit manipulation, OS concepts, deadlocks, priority inversion, circular buffer, semaphores mutexes (prgramming based) and nitty gritties about pointers.
Results were announced within a week.

Interview Question – Pattern matching in a stream of bits and substitution with another pattern   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm CDMA

Worked for Qualcomm CDMA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm CDMA interview questions and advice. All 107 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Qualcomm CDMA employees and interview candidates.