PwC Tax Intern Interview Questions

Updated 24 Jun, 2014

2.7

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

I had a video interview with a senior manager. The questions asked were not that difficult though, in retrospect, my answers could have been better worded. The interviewer was very friendly and the atmosphere was relatively comfortable. Overall, the interview felt more casual than expected. However, there was no invitation for an office interview.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

mostly casual conversations, just about 3 behavioral questions. Very normal~

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Began with a pre interview dinner with many of Pwc staff ( partners, managers, directors and associates mainly of my university's alumni) the night before my interview where I met and conversed with my interviewer which made the next day not as nerve wracking as I already knew who was interviewing me. The next day I was interviewed by a Tax director. A week later I had a call back for another pre interview dinner and an office visit interview. Pre interview dinner had 2 others that were getting interviewed and 4 Tax associates. The office visit consisted of an introduction to the firm, a tour, lunch, and then 3 back to back interviews ( 20-25 minutes each with 1 partner and 2 directors) and then we were given a closing by the recruiters. Office visit was 5 hours long. 2 weeks later I received a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation in which you had an opinion that was not agreed upon by a group and how you went about convincing them of your opinion?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 10 months - interviewed at PwC.

It was an on campus interview with a Tax partner for a Winter Tax Internship. It was very casual since I had gone to so many recruiting events, socials, and office visits with PwC prior to my interview. The offer came on "offer day" as a phone call from the partner and I accepted about an hour later.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was very casual and there were no unexpected or difficult questions. The main question that the partner asked was how I felt PwC could advance my career and whether or not the opportunity would allow me to achieve my career goals. They were very straight forward. From my experience, PwC wants to help you grow and achieve your goals...Whatever they might be. They also asked me what was important to me and if there was anything I was looking for in a career that I didn't think PwC could offer me. They were my number one choice throughout the recruiting process and I'm glad I chose a great company to work for.   Answer Question
    A telephone call giving me the offer and explaining my pay rate, overtime, and the Disney experience that is given to every intern that accepts a full time offer after the internship.

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

It starts with campus recruiting. You go to Meet the Firms and talk to them, give them your resume. Then you apply through your school's career center and then they let you know if you can come in for a first round interview or not. After that, they let you know about whether or not you got a second round interview, a half day event at the office with office tours, presentations, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for PwC out of all the Big 4's?"   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I went with campus recruiting. I asked a lot of questions during pre-night dinner, which I was not supposed to do so I think. The interviewer is a partner and keep talking about his personal experience. I was a little bit confused at that time and have no idea how to deal with this type of situation.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

I applied through on campus interview that took place in our university. There was a pre-interview dinner where you get to meet the professionals from different offices. I was assigned to sit with a tax manager and a couple former interns. On the interview day, a tax partner interviewed me and he pretty much just went through my resume and asked questions about my experience on the resume. Overall, the process was pleasant

Tax Intern Interview

Relaxed, just a basic fit interview.

Did not negotiate.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Had one shadow day, and a superday process with 3 behvaioral interviews back to back. The interviews were bookended by a small coffee hour breakfast, presentations, and then a lunch with associates afterwords.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me something impressive about yourself that isn't on your resume"   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at PwC in May 2013.

On campus interview. Seemed like only those who were invited to the second round of interviews were contacted after the interview — (full interview is available with unlimited access)

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!