PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr, 2015

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Knowing someone will help make it easier to get into the company as it is largely based on word of mouth. Having prior experience can help or coming from another Big 4 company.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON) in December 2012.

Interview

Was called by HR with some basic information. I was called about one week later to go in and have a face to face interview. I had interviews with two groups on interviewers, all behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON) in October 2011.

Interview

It was for on campus co-op recruitment. I had 2 back to back interviews, 45 minutes each. All behavioural questions, no technical. Typically why do you want to work for pwc, why tax, tell me a time when...

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON) in January 2010.

Interview

It was very warm and welcoming. I talked to one of the senior manager on the phone about myself. All are very basic questions like what is your strength and weakness, and she told me about their company as well. After that, there is an office interview with two partners, we talked a little behaviour questions. No technical questions are asked.

Interview Questions

It is not a full time offer in Toronto. It was meant to relocate to China.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through college's career website. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 1 interview with partner, 1 interview with director and 1 interview with manager. They assigned a buddy to help you go through the process. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via phone on Monday. Overall process went really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help. Know your resume very well.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

There were 3 rounds - hr, manager & partner round. Hr asks general questions and checks you stress handling capabilities and your communication skills. Manager round is a technical round teating your knowledge and past experience. Partner round is again a general cum technical round and the final round. Post that the offer is made.

Interview Questions

• what is the one thing that you like about PwC?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Multi-person interview, striving to find a four stage component of each candidate. I don't remember it from the follow up briefing, but some were technical knowledge, leadership, et alia.the stuff was incredibly professional and accommodating. They interviews were much more personal than substantive in material. It was obvious that PWC was striving to find quality people to train and mentor, overall the process although it took several weeks was limited stress.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the location?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I've got my first round PwC interview on Wednesday. They just asked some general questions. 20 mins. Applied thru campus and went to NYC. Describe a time you were under stress ? Why tax? Why PWC?

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university. We were scheduled for 30 minute interviews. I spent the first few minutes talking about myself before the interviewers asked any questions. It was a pretty easy and low-key interview. The interview went smoothly and it was very conversational and we spent several minutes discussing the office dynamics and my role within the firm.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you prefer?
      How would you like to spend your work days?
      What would you do if you knew a co-worker was leaking confidential client information?

Answer Question