PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at PwC.

Knowing someone will help make it easier to get into the company as it is largely based on word of mouth. Having prior experience can help or coming from another Big 4 company.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Was called by HR with some basic information. I was called about one week later to go in and have a face to face interview. I had interviews with two groups on interviewers, all behavior questions.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

It was for on campus co-op recruitment. I had 2 back to back interviews, 45 minutes each. All behavioural questions, no technical. Typically why do you want to work for pwc, why tax, tell me a time when...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

It was very warm and welcoming. I talked to one of the senior manager on the phone about myself. All are very basic questions like what is your strength and weakness, and she told me about their company as well. After that, there is an office interview with two partners, we talked a little behaviour questions. No technical questions are asked.

Interview Questions

It is not a full time offer in Toronto. It was meant to relocate to China.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

I applied for this positing early in October, I submitted the online application. Soon after I received an email inviting me to testing. Here is the whole processed for Belgrade office:

- First phase is skills, English and IQ tests
    - Second phase is group exercise
    - Third phase is Line manager and HR manager interview
    - Final phase is interview with a LoS Partner

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Recruitment process started with sending cover letter and resume to somebody I knew in the firm, who then forwarded those materials to HR and the tax team. Had a phone interview with one of the managers shortly afterwards. A few weeks later, I interviewed at the office with two partners and a staff member. Office was located within a skyscraper. Interviewers mostly asked traditional interview questions rather than behavioral or situation questions. Interview concluded with lunch with two associates. Received job offer two weeks later; however, I was required to reply within a limited period of time.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

They will ask you to tell them about yourself. They will be looking out for teamwork examples, and whether you're a teamplayer. The interview process is very relaxed. Basically just be yourself!

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

They are looking to make sure you are a fit for their group. "can i stand to work with this person 18 hours day" is a question which i think is going through their head as they ask canned HR questions

Interview Questions
    • Need to make sure you do as much research as possible about the group.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!