PwC

Updated 6 Dec, 2014

2.8

112 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Knowing someone will help make it easier to get into the company as it is largely based on word of mouth. Having prior experience can help or coming from another Big 4 company.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Was called by HR with some basic information. I was called about one week later to go in and have a face to face interview. I had interviews with two groups on interviewers, all behavior questions.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

It was for on campus co-op recruitment. I had 2 back to back interviews, 45 minutes each. All behavioural questions, no technical. Typically why do you want to work for pwc, why tax, tell me a time when...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2010.

It was very warm and welcoming. I talked to one of the senior manager on the phone about myself. All are very basic questions like what is your strength and weakness, and she told me about their company as well. After that, there is an office interview with two partners, we talked a little behaviour questions. No technical questions are asked.

Interview Questions

It is not a full time offer in Toronto. It was meant to relocate to China.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

They grilled me about my grades. It was frustrating and insulting. Even if they love you at the interviews and events it's all about numbers to them at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult situation what did you do   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

-I was referred by a friend
    -The interviewers tend to be very friendly and the usualy break the ice with a really long intro about their life or work history, which is great to calm your nerves and get your ssss together.
    -The partner interview I would say is the least difficult and it is very conversational, they like to talk a lot, ask very few questions and are very laidback, trust me I have been thru them twice.
    -The manager or senior interview on the other hand tend to be more behavioral and they ask a LOT of basic question you could find on any site so be prepared and have an answer to every question like strenght, weakness, long and short goals, difficult situation and solution, etical dilema, ect.
    -The best advice I can give you is to KNOW YOUR RESUME, BE YOURSELF, KEEP EYE CONTACT (AT ALL TIMES), ASK QUESTIONS (ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT, HAVE A LOT PREPARED AND THE MORE YOU CAN RELATE THEM TO SOMETHING THEY SAID DURING THE INTERVIEW THE BETTER AND ASK QUESTIONS TO ANYBODY YOU INTERACT WITH DURING THE WHOLE PROCESS)AND PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and you'll do fine.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Interviewed with a Partner and Human Resources. It was a quick interview to go over my education, resume, and skills I have attained throughout my other jobs. Spoke briefly about college and was a good conversation.

Interview Questions
    • A bit intimidating for an interview, but the questions were pretty basic. Just have a positive attitude and drive to succeed.   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Did the whole on campus recruiting/networking it was pretty easy. Just be yourself. Next, PwC had a lot of socials where you meet a lot of professionals. Every interview I had was all conversational and did not get one behavioral question.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

2 consecutive days. One business casual super day for networking etc. Then the following day was 3 back to back interviews with partners and managers. All very nice people. Great environment. Very comfortable.