PwC

Average Difficulty
94 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Knowing someone will help make it easier to get into the company as it is largely based on word of mouth. Having prior experience can help or coming from another Big 4 company.

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Interview Details Was called by HR with some basic information. I was called about one week later to go in and have a face to face interview. I had interviews with two groups on interviewers, all behavior questions.

Interview Question – Why tax?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details It was for on campus co-op recruitment. I had 2 back to back interviews, 45 minutes each. All behavioural questions, no technical. Typically why do you want to work for pwc, why tax, tell me a time when...

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in tax?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details It was very warm and welcoming. I talked to one of the senior manager on the phone about myself. All are very basic questions like what is your strength and weakness, and she told me about their company as well. After that, there is an office interview with two partners, we talked a little behaviour questions. No technical questions are asked.

Interview Question – Why do you choose this position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is not a full time offer in Toronto. It was meant to relocate to China.

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Interview Details The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

Interview Question – The questions are the same I expected.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details Recruitment process started with sending cover letter and resume to somebody I knew in the firm, who then forwarded those materials to HR and the tax team. Had a phone interview with one of the managers shortly afterwards. A few weeks later, I interviewed at the office with two partners and a staff member. Office was located within a skyscraper. Interviewers mostly asked traditional interview questions rather than behavioral or situation questions. Interview concluded with lunch with two associates. Received job offer two weeks later; however, I was required to reply within a limited period of time.

Interview Question – Why did we not pick you up earlier?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details They will ask you to tell them about yourself. They will be looking out for teamwork examples, and whether you're a teamplayer. The interview process is very relaxed. Basically just be yourself!

Interview Question – What are some of the challenges faced?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details They are looking to make sure you are a fit for their group. "can i stand to work with this person 18 hours day" is a question which i think is going through their head as they ask canned HR questions

Interview Question – Need to make sure you do as much research as possible about the group.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a year or more - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details On-Campus Interview (1), then in office interviews (usually 2 or 3, with manager and partners)

Interview Question – Nothing really, easy behavorial questions. Mostly asking about you and why you want to join the firm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Tax Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Must have GPA > 3.2 for new graduate. Go to the campus recruitment, or refer by friends. Usually 2-3 rounds

Interview Question – How do you know it will be a good fit?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!