PwC

Updated 2 Dec, 2014

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

campus interview and onsite

Interview Questions
    • Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Process started through college campus. Had first round interview. The interviewers were really friendly and conversational. The questions asked were conversational as well in how I behaved in certain situation. Heard back the next day for 2nd round in office the following week. The in office was some more behavioral questions but mostly to show you why you should pick PwC over other firms. Recieved offer the next day. Told them my decision a week later. Emails back and forth between current employees was also very easy and they were all open to talk about their jobs

Interview Questions
    • When have you had multiple deadlines in ashore period of time and what did you do to get through those deadlines?   Answer Question

I decided to choose elsewhere in the Big 4 as I seemed to fit personality wise elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

My school did a resume collect for PwC. I was picked for an on campus interview with the firm. They had two people interview me. The questions were mostly behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, and the like. They also walked through my resume and asked me questions regarding previous employment and experience. Overall, not too bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter, which went really well and a week later received an invitation for an office visit. Office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner with young associates my age, presentation in the morning by a partner and lead recruiters, 2 interviews with director and a partner, office tour, panel discussion with young associates in all 3 service lines and lunch with host and other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What is your concept of networking? How do you network?   View Answer
    • No substantial questions asked of me during my second interview. The interviewer had not even glanced at my resume, was running late and appeared from the start disengage from talking to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Phone interview with HR rep. Person to person interview with an associate as a host. Met with a senior manager, director and partner as well as HR rep. More behavioral based, talked about why I wanted to work there, past experiences

Interview Questions
    They are competitive in the market, if you expect them to pay a premium for your services you better be bringing something to the table

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Started as an on campus interview and was then called in for an on site interview. The people were very friendly and provided lunch. One of the interviews was behavioral and the other was laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in October 2010.

2010 - I had an initial phone interview and was called in for in-person interviews. I interviewed with three people - an HR manager, a director, and a partner. They were all from the same department I would be working in. The process consisted of back to back interviews after which my host then showed me around the office. Overall, everyone was laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any. Most of the questions were general - experience, difficulties faced, what you've learned. The most common question was: Why PwC?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate and I don't there would be room to negotiate even if I wanted. I was happy with my offer and accepted on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in September 2010.

I applied in June and got a call in September for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to the Chicago office and met with a HR manager, Director, and a partner. Each of these individuals had a 30 minute interview with me which were back to back. They were mostly behavioral questions and focused more on team work and leadership. 3 weeks later I got a call with an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Why Tax? Why PwC?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were involved in a group and had a problem and how did you overcome that problem.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was happy with what I got.