PwC Summer Tax Intern Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

I applied through the university first year talent academy programme so skipped the first round phone interview. When I passed all the talent academy assessments (a numerical test, a logical test, a written report, a group discussion and a presentation), it was the last partners interview. The last interview was largely competency based, and they asked some personal interest questions, this part lasted about 35 minutes and then I had about 20 minutes to ask the partner questions. He didnt ask anything to do with commercial awareness so I brought up lots of stuff in the news.

Interview Questions
  • One of the questions was 'if I picked up the phone and called your best friend, what would he/she say about you?' It wasnt hard exactly, it's just not one of those competency questions that you would prepare for so I didnt have a scripted answer and had to improvise a bit. Other than that nothing stood out in particular. Also a competency question I always dread and never really worked out a perfect answer to is 'tell me about a time you used your numerical skills', probably because its something that we use so often that all the examples seem really trivial.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in June 2013.

online test, manager interview

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Went through first round interview, then got invited into the office for a second round. Second round consisted of two interviews with managers/senior managers, and one with a partner. Interview questions were entirely behavior and very conversational and easy.

After the three interviews, there's an office visit hosted by your buddy, and close by the recruiter. Very pleasant process, and everyone made you feel really welcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get a long with a group member.   Answer Question

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Submitted resume for summer intern position through campus recruitment and was offered a on-campus interview with Partner a few weeks later. Interview lasted about 45 minutes in a conversation style and interviewer did not ask general questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses, what was the last time you worked on a group project and had a big disagreement with teammates, etc etc

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer did not ask general questions you would normally be asked of during an interview.   Answer Question

Summer Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

I went to an on campus interview with an audit partner, then got invited to their office interview with a tax director. The same day, I was given an offer on the phone.