PwC

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

There were four interviews. The first was simply with the internal recruiter to validate my experience and personality fit. There were a lot of behavioural interview questions. The second interview was with the head of Marketing. This interview was much more technical and focused on my marketing expertise. The last two were with Partners. The first was with the Managing Partner and the second with with on of the line of service leaders. These were much more relaxed interviews. In fact, one of those two was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how you dealt with a situation where you were the victim of/witness of unethical or inappropriate conduct.   View Answer
Although the position had identified a salary range, I went into the negotiation phase and presented my minimum salary requirements. I explained why I felt I was worth more than the salary range indicated in the posting. When I presented my salary expectations, I also set out my total compensation expectations and told them that I was flexible with the balance of the compensation. We agreed on a bonus, parking, fitness allowance and their traditional medical/dental/vision and RRSP/pension programs.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Hiring process is pretty efficient. Generally starts with a short screening call to make sure you've got the right temperament to work at PwC (upbeat, positive, intelligent, works well with others), then moves on to a live interview with about 3 different people on the same day, just to get a better feel for what you bring to the table. Those 3 interviewers compare notes on all applicants and make recommendations. Final step is a quick call with a partner, but this is just a formality if you've reached this far.

Interview Questions
    • what was the hardest thing about leading a project that involved coordinating a large group of people   View Answer
    uses slotted system with ranges, so you could ask for more money and if you were top candidate, they may pay more

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2010.

It was very friendly and communication skills were the first they looked at.

Interview Questions
    • I'm going to a partner meeting now. They are going to ask me to do hold an event we don't need. How would you reply to them?   View Answer
    I negotiated the top salary for my level. Advice - ask as much as you know you cost. In case there's a competition for this position be ready to name a smaller number. But only if you're interested in this particular company/ industry.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Very organised, prompt in arranging and communicating interview, however interviewer was not very friendly or detailed in job description was more interested in informing me of lack of scope for vertical growth...

Interview Questions
    • In our department we don't have much scope for ascension up the ladder as our department is already fully staffed with experience persons how do you feel about this given the fact you are potentially thinking of working with us?   View Answer