PwC

Updated 26 Nov, 2014
2,479 Interview Reviews

2.9

Manager Interview

pwc's interview process was smooth and fairly conversational. I went through 4 rounds of interviews mostly with partners from different levels of the organization. The conversation was smooth and interesting, each interviewer provided different vantage points from their perspective positions and it's interesting pulling together these data points to shape my own perception of the organization and the position.

Interview Questions
    • Quick little mini cases that spontaneously spawn from the conversation caught me off guard a little.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

You will have campus networking sessions and then submit your resume for review. At that point, they already know who they want to hire based on who they met. They're mostly looking for fit and if they can see themselves working with you. Then you'll have three interviews with a Senior, manager, and partner (each of which are 30 minutes).

Interview Questions
    • They are all behaviour and situational questions so they're all pretty easy. Just relax and be friendly! Remember to smile!   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Tax Senior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Applied on line and had phone interview within one week of applying. Phone interview was quick overview of your resume with HR. HR was quick to turn around and provide feedback on if your resume would be submitted to hiring managers. Interviewed with two senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do increase your network and find possible business opportunities?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first round strictly based on behavioural questions and the second round was composed of two parts - one on one interview with a partner which was purely conversational and a two on one portion which as also behavioural like the first round.

I enjoyed the interview process and thought it was a great way to get to know more about the firm, their core values, and what they expect to see in people they want.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback and had to respond do it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Firstly, you have to pass online test in Math (just simple mathematics skills you need to pass) and Logic (SHL tests, very similar with IQ questions). Secondly, professional (tax, accounting, valuation, gmat) + english test (very similar with cambridge tests such as CAE or CPE). Finally, interview with managers (they ask some questions about you and your hobbies, maybe some professional questions). This process prolong about 4 weeks.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Fairly straightforward process: two behavioral interviews along with a technical component. The technical was very easy, just showcasing excel proficiency. For example, they asked me to populate a spreadsheet using Vlookups, Pivots, Index/Match, and Data Validation. This was pretty simple if you have worked within a compensation role before.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    The salary was pretty low in my opinion but I wanted to get the PwC brand on my resume, so I bit the bullet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

First round was through campus interview. Basic behavioural questions. Nothing unexpected.
    The second round was on site professional talent centre includes 4 parts, which are group exercise, written report, partner interview, and office tour.
    Partner interview was the easiest one. Also behavioural questions and a chance you can ask questions. Just show your passion you will be fine.
    I failed in written part according to the feedback they gave. We are required to write a report based on given facts (8,9 pages) in half an hour. Grammar issues. sigh.. I believe they were testing your ability to filter necessary information from a bunch of facts and organize a report in limited time.
    Group exercise is not that hard I thought. All you need to do is sharing information and discussing just like the case you have in school.

Still a valuable experience. Staff are professional and passionate.
    Not bad for my first official interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

The interview consists of mainly behavioral and company questions. They are mainly testing to see if you are a good fit for the company. There are also a few on the understanding of the CPA process. They will ask "why" questions quite a bit: Why did you apply to PwC? Why this location? Why audit?The interviewers seemed borderline disinterested.

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

There was an intial interview that was very relaxed and conversational - some behavioural questions. It was around 30 minutes. This year they introduced the PPTC to the Calgary office. Challenging, but fun. It involved a Group Case, Individual written case and a Partner interview. Partner interview was similar to the first interview; relaxed, conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult component of PPTC was the individual case written assignment. It's meant to be a time crunch, so it's basically an exercise in prioritization and time management. No one finished the memorandum.   Answer Question