PwC

Updated 29 Jan, 2015
2,625 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

After completing the online application, a member of the talent acquisition team contacted me with preliminary questions (i.e. provide an overview of your resume, strengths/weaknesses). After one week, I was notified that I would be interviewing with two directors and had to present a case study (approx. 10 minutes in length) provided 24 hours prior to the interview which was related to the job. The interview itself included a mix of behavioural questions and a general conversation to determine fit. It was a relaxed interview style - they were interested in truly getting to know you, how you prefer to work and whether you are a good fit for the team and PwC.

CRM Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I interviewed with about 5 different people over the course of 2.5 months via phone. The conversations were more informal than expected and lasted 30 minutes each. The final interview was in-person and the interviewer was over an hour late!! He didn't even apologize and told me he decided to grab some food -- while he was still running late -- which further contributed to the delay. Like why point out the fact that you are a rude and inconsiderate person? I thought it was unprofessional and I got the impression that he wasn't taking me seriously as a candidate. Not exactly someone I'd want to work with or for, so it was all good when I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The gentleman at the final interview was very curious to know why I left my previous employer. I didn't think we cut to the chase with respect to questions around my adequacy for the position at hand.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I attended all the events the firm organized on my campus and really connected with all the firm representatives. It was a very good experience overall and I would definitely encourage potential candidates to try to meet as many firm respresentatives as possible.

Manager Interview

pwc's interview process was smooth and fairly conversational. I went through 4 rounds of interviews mostly with partners from different levels of the organization. The conversation was smooth and interesting, each interviewer provided different vantage points from their perspective positions and it's interesting pulling together these data points to shape my own perception of the organization and the position.

Interview Questions
    • Quick little mini cases that spontaneously spawn from the conversation caught me off guard a little.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

You will have campus networking sessions and then submit your resume for review. At that point, they already know who they want to hire based on who they met. They're mostly looking for fit and if they can see themselves working with you. Then you'll have three interviews with a Senior, manager, and partner (each of which are 30 minutes).

Interview Questions
    • They are all behaviour and situational questions so they're all pretty easy. Just relax and be friendly! Remember to smile!   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Tax Senior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Applied on line and had phone interview within one week of applying. Phone interview was quick overview of your resume with HR. HR was quick to turn around and provide feedback on if your resume would be submitted to hiring managers. Interviewed with two senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do increase your network and find possible business opportunities?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first round strictly based on behavioural questions and the second round was composed of two parts - one on one interview with a partner which was purely conversational and a two on one portion which as also behavioural like the first round.

I enjoyed the interview process and thought it was a great way to get to know more about the firm, their core values, and what they expect to see in people they want.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback and had to respond do it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Firstly, you have to pass online test in Math (just simple mathematics skills you need to pass) and Logic (SHL tests, very similar with IQ questions). Secondly, professional (tax, accounting, valuation, gmat) + english test (very similar with cambridge tests such as CAE or CPE). Finally, interview with managers (they ask some questions about you and your hobbies, maybe some professional questions). This process prolong about 4 weeks.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Fairly straightforward process: two behavioral interviews along with a technical component. The technical was very easy, just showcasing excel proficiency. For example, they asked me to populate a spreadsheet using Vlookups, Pivots, Index/Match, and Data Validation. This was pretty simple if you have worked within a compensation role before.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    The salary was pretty low in my opinion but I wanted to get the PwC brand on my resume, so I bit the bullet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate