PwC

Getting the Interview

113 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details The interview was with two people, both were current managers with the firm in Pittsburgh. Questions were relatively straight forward and nothing seemed to be off the wall. Essentially just reviewed my work history.

Interview Question – Nothing specific - more so just explaining who you are and what you can bring.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Referred by an employee. There were few rounds of interviews. It started with few online assessment tests. Then few on-site interviews combined of group case study, competency based interview and skill based interviews.

Interview Question – Lots of usual competency based questions.   Answer Question

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details Video interview

Interview Question – What do you think distinguishes PwC from it's competitors?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview itself was fairly short. The interview started with the usual tell me about yourself question. The interviewer seemed focused on finding out more about aspects of my personality, with a number of questions targeted at what I will do in certain situations. Interviewer was friendly however, and managed to make me feel quite comfortable.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult to answer so long as you take your time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fixed pay, non-negotiable.

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details Met PwC first through on campus recruiting then had an on-campus interview. Was offered my in office interview during the initial interview. Went to the office for a dinner the night before interviews and then had interviews all day the next day. Easy, relaxed process. Had three interviews in office and a panel discussion which was more just asking questions to younger employees in the company.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral. Nothing really shocked me or caught me off guard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details (Singapore)

Applied for summer internship with Transactions Services/Deal Advisory online. Completed assessment centre tests. Shortly after, was contacted by email to inform me I was shortlisted for interview with the suggested interview session details.

Went for interview. All qualitative questions, no technicals, which was surprising because I thought it'd be quite important for the dept I applied for. I guess they just wanted to see if your personality would fit. Asked about my achievements and how i dealt with problems. Friendly interviewer, i think quite senior rank. Wasn't intimidating. Walked me to the lift after the interview.

Interview Question – How do you keep up to date with your interests/passions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Big 4.

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details PwC is very visible and involved in college campuses. They do a very good job of getting students out to their many events which range from BBQ's to Guest Speakers. As you slowly begin to network with recruiters, they review your resume then if you qualify they will offer you an interview. If you pass the primary on campus interview they will invite you to an office visit, where you will be interviewed again. It is after the visit that they decide whether or not to extend an offer.

Interview Question – All of the questions were straight forwards. Mostly behavioral based questions, such as "what was a time you..." kind of questions. As long as you stick to the STARR method of response you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was an internship no negotiation took place.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details Friend contacted me with a recruiter. Emailed the recruiter and heard back the next day telling me to fill out the talent profile. After that I was given a set dates to choose to interview. The interview took 4 hours ( Two 30 minute behavioral and one 30 case study presentation, with an hour to preparem 1.5 hour panel). You are given the case study 48 hours in advance to prepare. then you make physical powerpoint slides the day of the interview. Behaviors were extremely informal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a different opinion in a group?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details I was recruited at a career fair on campus, and was invited to enroll in the elevate program. Once registered there was a date set for an initial interview and a social event the night before the interview to break the ice and interact with some employees. The interviewer was very friendly and questions were laid out logically and in a manner that was easy to answer.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say that any question was overly difficult. The most challenging one for me was "how do you react when you feel that team members are relying on you to do their work for them? give examples of what you would do or have done in that situation"   Answer Question

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Interview Details First I passed the tests, then was ivited to do the english test and after that I was informed (via e-mail) that I successfully passed two initial stages and now am invited for the AC which will last approx. 3,5 hours. The AC has 3 main parts :
1) The group exercises (where it is best to just be confident, cheerful and focused on what the GROUP, not YOU has to acheieve in the end of the conversation)
2) The interview with the manager...(funny part was that after 2 month of working in the company I met the manager who was interviewing me and she didn't recognise/remember me at all ))
3) The presentation (you've got approx. 20 minutes for preparation. During that time you'll have to skim more than 10 pages of the texts from diff. sources, make notes and draw some charts if you wish to , as these can be later used during the presentation. The presentation is 1:1 with the partner, whom I also met after 2 month of working for the PwC, and who, just like the manager, didn't remember me at all :) but the presentation was easy , my topic was to describe main trends in pharmaceutical industry during the last 3-5 years , based on the texts I was given. After that the partner asks you some questions regarding the presentation, or regarding you & background)

Interview Question – What are specific areas of consulting you'd like to work in and why ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Intern interview questions and advice. All 113 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.