PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Montreal, QC) in May 2012.

Interview

3 interview
First one supposed to be informal but it is very formal
Second is a case interview with an hour to answer to a complex problem. It is a real case study! My only advice be prepared it is not an easy one
Third, Phone interview for select or between two last candidate

Interview Questions

• According to you what are the role and responsibilities of a consultant   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Montreal, QC) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic interview questions
    Strenghts,weaknesses
    Why interested in the job position
    Why want to work at PwC
    What can your bring to the team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No,advice for others you can certainly negotiate based on market evaluation of salaries.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round was a telephonic round where you are asked a lot of questions about your current job role, responsibilities and interesting assignments.
    The second was a f2f round where again, you would be asked specifics of some interesting/relevant projects. Its here that you are asked a lot of questions about your CV and real-life examples/situations.
    You are also given a "feel" of the next round, which in most likelihood is a technical round.

I am still in the process but must admit, the process is agonizingly slow.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything we missed asking you during our last conversation?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Interview

Case interview with individual and group components. Question and Answer with Partners, based on the case provided. Time is limited for most of the components, group component require good time management

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR - they asked me standard questions like why PwC and what technical skills I have

First round interview with Director/Manager - standard behavioural questions - really allowed me to ask a lot of questions

Second round interview with Senior Manager/Manager - a little bit harder but similar to first round interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR stuffed up contract....

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through Alumni Global Search. Online English and logic tests, phone interview, group interview and two case interviews with two partners. In the interview we were nine candidates and most of us were engineers. The process was fast-paced, they phoned me two days after having completed the process and sent me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell them one thing I was proud of having accomplished   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2015.

Interview

I apply through a job website (infojobs) and I got a phone interview and later a personal interview with HR and a manager at PwC Tower. It took a long time between my first contact with the company and the final response.

Interview Questions

• Where do see yourself in 5 years? Tell us about your education.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Recruited on-campus for first round interviews. Got invited back to travel to a central office for Super Day, which consisted of an interview with 1 case study and 2 behavioral interviews. Overall smooth process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Four stage process of which I experienced three:

1. Online tests: Fairly low mark required to pass but time pressured.
    2. Telephone interview: Lasted about 40 / 45 minutes, interviewer was friendly and helped put me at ease, very understanding and guided through questions nicely. Again I don't think the threshold is all that high as I thought I performed pretty poorly and still went through to the AC. Lots of advice elsewhere on the internet but few things i'd focus on; know exactly what PWC and your line do, know how the program works, if its rotational how long will you spend in each dep. and what happens when you complete a rotation, several good pieces of recent news and how the apply to PWC and specifically your chosen line.
    3. AC: Half Day 13:00 - 17:00 ( I think). Probably about 20 or so grads there, everyone was nice and most are from Oxford, Cambridge, LSE etc. Several exercises including a retest of the online tests (felt slightly harder but probably just environment and scored highly), group exercise in a group of four. Cant remember the exact scenario but it was to do with utilising waste product from a manufacturing process, everyone had the same back story plus an additional piece of info unique to each candidate. Then had to discuss as a group to decide who had the best option based on cost, payback etc. Half way through the situation changes and funding is reduced so you have to reconsider. Another exercise was a hand written report about water. Again very time pressured, a number of people didn't finish.

After the tests we also had time to talk with some current graduates.

4. Partner interview.

I didn't succeed at the assessment center, they phone you about a week after and give thorough feedback. You are ranked out of 5 for each exercise and then are given a cumulative score. You need to perform well in all tasks otherwise you may not progress. I performed well in the retests and report but scored 3 on a couple of the markers for the group exercise and this was enough to prevent me progressing. This means you can pass everything and still not continue in the process. I should also note I was very late to apply and the HR member who delivered my feedback said places were limited by that point and had I applied earlier I would have probably progressed so make sure to apply early!

All in all was a very good experience, I have had interviews with the other big four and PWC were by far best in my opinion. The London offices were great and I imagine it would be a really good place to work, the projects we talked about with the grads seemed really interesting and the caliber of people in the AC are generally very good.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the scheme, what happens at the end of a rotation?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an easy-going 1,5 hour interview with a partner and a senior manager. the mood was very relaxed, and they were very friendly. they asked me questions about the german energy market. in most of the cases my knowledge in the area was almost better then the partner. i was very surprised. towards the end they asked me more specific questions about accounting and cost calculations. the interview ended with my salary expectation. they found my salary expectation high and told me that they hire fresh bachelor graduates from poland and romania who would work cheaper. they also claimed that the job would be boring for me, and i would leave the company in the first six months. to be honest, i was very offended. hard to understand why they invited me at first place..

Interview Questions

• what are challenges in the german electricity market (energiewende)?   Answer Question