PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated 14 Apr, 2015

2.9

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was a phone interview. There recruiter mainly asked me questions from my resume and 3 easy behavioral questions. My second round was in the Chicago office. This consisted of 3 interviews - 2 behavioral and 1 case. An overview of the case was given 48 hours in advance, and the day of the interview, you are given questions and you have 45 minutes to come up with a presentation. I presented to one interviewer - we were both sitting down so less pressure. The two behavioral were very enjoyable. I think they had a set of behavioral questions, but we ended up veering away from them and discussing other more, conversational topics. I don't think there is a standard set of questions we need to answer, just more of a potential list if the conversation doesn't flow. Overall, good interview and cool office.

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and final onsite interview. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. HR coordinated everything very well and were very prompt with decision emails. After the phone interview, I got the email for the next onsite interview within a week. And also the decision of the onsite interview 2 days after the interview. They are much faster than most places I have interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Mostly behavioral. Leadership based questions. " Tell me a time when...." kind of questions. 30 mins duration.
      Onsite interview: Three 30 mins interview. 2 behavioral and 1 case study interview. Behavioral interviews have all different kinds of questions related to leadership, time management, working under stress kind of questions. For case study, you will be given a case 2 days in advance and you will have to prepare a ppt based on questions given to you at the interview ( time to prepare the ppt - 45 mins, and presentation time : 30 mins)

Answer Question

Summer Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to the first round, all candidates were invited to a networking event at a restaurant. Be warned, make sure to make a good impression on your recruiters. This is basically to gauge the candidates' people-skills and ability to network. The first round was with on-campus with a manager.

I was later invited to the final round at the chicago office, where I did 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case/presentation interview. Prior to the final round, all candidates were given a case study -- to be presented to the interviewer on super day. On super day, all candidates have time before the interviews to prepare their presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an annoying team member. What did you do?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Application -- I applied through my university at the end of January. I had honestly forgotten I'd applied until they contacted me for a behavioral phone interview in the middle of March.

30-minute phone interview -- The phone screening(on a Friday) was pretty basic. I heard back from them on Monday with an invitation to do final interview during one of their big interview days (forget wha they call them) in their Chicago office that Friday.

Final in-person interview -- I received a case overview to prepare 48-hours in advance. Then, on the day of the interview, I had 45 minutes to prepare for my presentation and write slides. Then I had my presentation (30 minutes) and two behavioral interviews (30 minutes each) with three different people (one-on-one). Last ther was a jeopardy-style presentation to learn about the company. I recall the order in which you had the three interviews and the jeopardy game varied amongst the different interviewees. The whole process took 4 hours (8 am - 12 pm).

Offer -- I recieved an offer via phone call from one of the people I interviewed with a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone with a different cultural background than yours. What did you learn from it? How did it help the group to excel?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Just an office visit with 2 behavioral and one case. The behavioral were very relaxed, and conversational. My case was tough because it had to do with financial regulations. My interview was Friday, received my offer on Monday evening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager
    Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current events?
      Why do you want to be a consultant?

Answer Question

IT Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

6 interviews:

--- Conducted via Phone ---

Phone Screen - Initial phone screen conducted by a recruiter (background, salary expectations, role description, etc.)

Functional Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses primarily on fit within the firm and how you conduct yourself in front of clients. Question example: Tell me about a time you showed the wrong data to a client and how did you handle the fallout?

Technical Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses on technical acumen as it relates to the position you are applying for. Question example - (From resume) Tell me about X. What was your role? What were your specific contributions? What were your takeaways and how would you do things different next time?

--- Interview Day (Conducted @ a PwC Office ---

Case - Materials provided to you by recruiter two days prior to interview day. Specific question given to you 45 minutes before your case interview. You will have 45 minutes to hand prepare slides to present to the interviewer who will be playing the role of the client. Above all else, spend time preparing ahead of time and HAVE A STRUCTURE

Conformational - Two interviews. First with a Partner who focuses on "global acumen" and how you feel you have demonstrated it throughout your career to date. Second with a more senior Partner who focuses on depth of knowledge within the industry. For example, what is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very well scheduled and executed. I had 3 phone interviews including one with the HR. They were all behavioral in nature. The case study for the case interview was provided 2 days before the interview that provided sufficient time to study the case. The final interview was face to face at their office. All the interviewers were very polite and helpful. My advice for any applicant would be to stay calm and relaxed and answer all the questions honestly. If you don't know about anything they are talking about just say so.

Interview Questions

• Is there any industry that is facing extinction due to advances in technology?   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online and was quickly contacted by HR. After passing through the HR round (via phone) and a hiring manager round (via phone b/c she was located in a different city), I waited for a while. Finally, I heard from HR that I would be flown in for a final round of interviews. No explanation was given for why the interview would be done outside of the city I lived in and for which there were hiring.

The position proved to not be a fit for either side. The interviewers were pleasant with the exception of the partner, who was probably the worst person with whom I've ever interacted professionally. This may have been his attempt at a "stress test" but I think it was predominantly just an arrogant personality. I asked what I considered to be thoughtful, informed questions but he was unable to answer them with any clarity or coherence.

Interview Questions

• Partner was deliberately rude. I was unsure if he was trying to test me or was simply exceedingly arrogant.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.