PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

150 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

3 INTERVIEWS
1. Behavioural with Senior Associate
2. Behavioural with Manager
3. Conversational with Partner

The interview process is straight forward. Questions are pretty generic. They ask you questions regarding leadership, teamwork, challenges you've faced. Its important to know your resume inside and out always.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Set salary.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

First interview in person at the office.
    Interviewer was very friendly, which I find is the case with most PwC staff.
    Asked mainly behavioural questions and some resume/ cover letter specific questions.
    (Review your cover letter and resume!! They DO read and highlight points to question you on)

Interview Questions
    Invitation to second interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Two interviews - first round was with the recruiter on the phone for 30 minutes and second round was with a senior manager and a partner at the Vancouver office. First round interview was really rushed since the recruiter had back-to-back interviews scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your communication method   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Applied through my university. Heard back from the recruiter within a few days informing of a in person interview. Hiring consistent of a pre-interview dinner, interview with 1 partner, 1 manager, and 1 senior associate - all for 30 minutes each, decision made that day.

Interview Questions
    • behavioural based interview. Some off the wall questions like "I wanna start an establishment (club, cafe, etc.) in this town, where would be a good place to set up shop."   View Answer
    No negotiations at all. Standard package offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

You are interviewed by multiple people to test for work environment "fit". Questions are mostly behavioral and are designed to let the interviewers learn more about you and asses if they think you will "fit in" with the culture at PwC. Interview process was facilitated by an individual who takes you from interview to interview and informs you about PwC's culture and is available to answer any questions you might have about the process. The interview process was very well designed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. A lot of behavioral questions. MOre than I expected.   View Answer
    No negotiation available. You come right out of school into a set package offering.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Applied online and got a referral from a manager from a different office. Wasn't able to go through campus recruiting due to college being outside US, so it involved following up with a lot of recruiters. Had a preliminary phone screening, which was essentially to make sure you weren't a total freak. Basic questions about yourself, interest in accounting, and mostly just walking through your resume. Had I think 2 other similar screenings as follow ups (it seemed like I was getting passed around recruiters for a bit repeating the same step in the interview process). Was informed of an in person interview at the office the following month. Met with a partner and a manager. Both interviews focused on my resume and interest in the position/accounting. Not many difficult questions (none really that I hadn't prepared for: why PwC, why audit etc.). It felt like they were trying to get more of a feel of your fit with the company rather than your qualifications and whether you would last or not. Both interviews ended up as more of a conversation about my travels etc.

Got a call the next day from the partner I interviewed with and my main recruiter that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, took what was offered (same package offered by other big 4 firms I received offers from). It's probably possible to negotiate, but I didn't feel like I had any leverage to do so.

Audit Associate Interview

On the company visit day, I got my par interview first. I asked questions about the latest news about the company and he was impressed. The second interview is senior interview, basically the repeat of par interview and the question is relatively easy. The third one is HR manager interview, repeat again. I think the par interview is the hardest because he asked many question from macro perspective and you really need to give your own opinion. I didn't answer the first one or two question very well, but I asked very good question back which I think has pretty big positive effect on my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like the GAAP or accounting regulation is always change, what's your opinion towards those change..   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

There were 3 rounds. I passed through the first two rounds and made it to office day interviews. I prepared a lot for the interviews and actually thought I did badly on the first two. Anyways. During the office day interview, I was funneled in with a couple of other potential audit associates from other schools. First half: Recruiters were nice and lunch was amazing. Second half: A round of 4 interviewers: two staff auditors and 2 partners. All went well until the last partner.

Audit Associate Interview

group interview, picture drawing , icebraking, discussion, presentation, individual interview, partner interview, in assessment centre, not difficult, but rather keen competition, depending on your competitior englisg oral level
    then go to partner interview, about 30 mins, talk a lot, mainly about your personality , motivation

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

1st stage: It takes about 2 weeks to review your application. If you are being selected, you have to attend the assessment before interview

2nd stage: 1 week after assessment, interview question are basic interview questions and some technical questions

Interview Questions
    Salary will follow market rate

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!