PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.9

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The questions are all behavioral questions.Also, review examples of the best answers and advice on how to answer these typical interview questions. The more you prepare, the more confident you'll feel during a job interview.job interviewers ask tough questions to trip you up or to get you to reveal information you may be trying to conceal. Others want to get a better sense of your thought process or see how you respond under pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about your communication skills?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON).

Interview

You will have campus networking sessions and then submit your resume for review. At that point, they already know who they want to hire based on who they met. They're mostly looking for fit and if they can see themselves working with you. Then you'll have three interviews with a Senior, manager, and partner (each of which are 30 minutes).

Interview Questions

• They are all behaviour and situational questions so they're all pretty easy. Just relax and be friendly! Remember to smile!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first round strictly based on behavioural questions and the second round was composed of two parts - one on one interview with a partner which was purely conversational and a two on one portion which as also behavioural like the first round.

I enjoyed the interview process and thought it was a great way to get to know more about the firm, their core values, and what they expect to see in people they want.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received feedback and had to respond do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB) in October 2014.

Interview

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

First round was through campus interview. Basic behavioural questions. Nothing unexpected.
    The second round was on site professional talent centre includes 4 parts, which are group exercise, written report, partner interview, and office tour.
    Partner interview was the easiest one. Also behavioural questions and a chance you can ask questions. Just show your passion you will be fine.
    I failed in written part according to the feedback they gave. We are required to write a report based on given facts (8,9 pages) in half an hour. Grammar issues. sigh.. I believe they were testing your ability to filter necessary information from a bunch of facts and organize a report in limited time.
    Group exercise is not that hard I thought. All you need to do is sharing information and discussing just like the case you have in school.

Still a valuable experience. Staff are professional and passionate.
    Not bad for my first official interview.

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (Edmonton, AB) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview consists of mainly behavioral and company questions. They are mainly testing to see if you are a good fit for the company. There are also a few on the understanding of the CPA process. They will ask "why" questions quite a bit: Why did you apply to PwC? Why this location? Why audit?The interviewers seemed borderline disinterested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON).

Interview

3 INTERVIEWS
    1. Behavioural with Senior Associate
    2. Behavioural with Manager
    3. Conversational with Partner

The interview process is straight forward. Questions are pretty generic. They ask you questions regarding leadership, teamwork, challenges you've faced. Its important to know your resume inside and out always.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Two interviews - first round was with the recruiter on the phone for 30 minutes and second round was with a senior manager and a partner at the Vancouver office. First round interview was really rushed since the recruiter had back-to-back interviews scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change your communication method   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Vancouver, BC) in September 2012.

Interview

First interview in person at the office.
    Interviewer was very friendly, which I find is the case with most PwC staff.
    Asked mainly behavioural questions and some resume/ cover letter specific questions.
    (Review your cover letter and resume!! They DO read and highlight points to question you on)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Invitation to second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON) in September 2008.

Interview

Applied through my university. Heard back from the recruiter within a few days informing of a in person interview. Hiring consistent of a pre-interview dinner, interview with 1 partner, 1 manager, and 1 senior associate - all for 30 minutes each, decision made that day.

Interview Questions

• behavioural based interview. Some off the wall questions like "I wanna start an establishment (club, cafe, etc.) in this town, where would be a good place to set up shop."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. Standard package offered.