PwC

Average Difficulty
146 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details 3 INTERVIEWS
1. Behavioural with Senior Associate
2. Behavioural with Manager
3. Conversational with Partner

The interview process is straight forward. Questions are pretty generic. They ask you questions regarding leadership, teamwork, challenges you've faced. Its important to know your resume inside and out always.

Interview Question – All straight forward behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set salary.

Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details First interview in person at the office.
Interviewer was very friendly, which I find is the case with most PwC staff.
Asked mainly behavioural questions and some resume/ cover letter specific questions.
(Review your cover letter and resume!! They DO read and highlight points to question you on)

Interview Question – -Asked about a specific course I took previously.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Invitation to second interview.

Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Two interviews - first round was with the recruiter on the phone for 30 minutes and second round was with a senior manager and a partner at the Vancouver office. First round interview was really rushed since the recruiter had back-to-back interviews scheduled.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to change your communication method   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details Applied through my university. Heard back from the recruiter within a few days informing of a in person interview. Hiring consistent of a pre-interview dinner, interview with 1 partner, 1 manager, and 1 senior associate - all for 30 minutes each, decision made that day.

Interview Question – behavioural based interview. Some off the wall questions like "I wanna start an establishment (club, cafe, etc.) in this town, where would be a good place to set up shop."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all. Standard package offered.

Ottawa, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details You are interviewed by multiple people to test for work environment "fit". Questions are mostly behavioral and are designed to let the interviewers learn more about you and asses if they think you will "fit in" with the culture at PwC. Interview process was facilitated by an individual who takes you from interview to interview and informs you about PwC's culture and is available to answer any questions you might have about the process. The interview process was very well designed.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. A lot of behavioral questions. MOre than I expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available. You come right out of school into a set package offering.

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details 1st stage: It takes about 2 weeks to review your application. If you are being selected, you have to attend the assessment before interview

2nd stage: 1 week after assessment, interview question are basic interview questions and some technical questions

Interview Question – Job scope of audit associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary will follow market rate

Audit Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details If you go through the recruiting process straight from college, the recruiters hold your hand through everything. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. PwC gave me the best vibe of the Big 4 companies, and I felt the manager really cared to get to know us. The bad part though is that there are thousands of kids shooting for a few positions around the country, so you really need to make yourself stand out!

Interview Question – What are your two most important qualities that you will bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details Very basic job application process via campus recruiting. Went in for a one day interview, which included 2 separate interviews, one with a partner and the other with HR. Very relaxed and easy going interview, more of a conversation actually. No out of the blue questions, just wanted to know why accounting and why PwC. Very friendly and professional experience.

Interview Question – Why have you specifically chosen audit?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Meet with three individuals at various levels within the Company. They will each have their own questions. It was a diffiuclt process and intimidating. It is all finalized within a day and they will call or email you a week or two later with the results. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details (1) On campus interview and (1) Superday interview including 3 interviews on-site (Senior Associate, Manager, Partner). I was notified of PwC's decision by the partner a few hours after my interview followed by call by recruiter. PwC paid for hotel to stay in the night before the interview on Park Ave and interview process was very succinct. They were more than willing to field calls about talking through the decision process when I got identical offer at rival firm.

Interview Question – How do you feel about reporting to someone younger than you?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!