PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct, 2014

2.8

165 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first round strictly based on behavioural questions and the second round was composed of two parts - one on one interview with a partner which was purely conversational and a two on one portion which as also behavioural like the first round.

I enjoyed the interview process and thought it was a great way to get to know more about the firm, their core values, and what they expect to see in people they want.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you received feedback and had to respond do it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

First round was through campus interview. Basic behavioural questions. Nothing unexpected.
    The second round was on site professional talent centre includes 4 parts, which are group exercise, written report, partner interview, and office tour.
    Partner interview was the easiest one. Also behavioural questions and a chance you can ask questions. Just show your passion you will be fine.
    I failed in written part according to the feedback they gave. We are required to write a report based on given facts (8,9 pages) in half an hour. Grammar issues. sigh.. I believe they were testing your ability to filter necessary information from a bunch of facts and organize a report in limited time.
    Group exercise is not that hard I thought. All you need to do is sharing information and discussing just like the case you have in school.

Still a valuable experience. Staff are professional and passionate.
    Not bad for my first official interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

The interview consists of mainly behavioral and company questions. They are mainly testing to see if you are a good fit for the company. There are also a few on the understanding of the CPA process. They will ask "why" questions quite a bit: Why did you apply to PwC? Why this location? Why audit?The interviewers seemed borderline disinterested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC.

3 INTERVIEWS
    1. Behavioural with Senior Associate
    2. Behavioural with Manager
    3. Conversational with Partner

The interview process is straight forward. Questions are pretty generic. They ask you questions regarding leadership, teamwork, challenges you've faced. Its important to know your resume inside and out always.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Two interviews - first round was with the recruiter on the phone for 30 minutes and second round was with a senior manager and a partner at the Vancouver office. First round interview was really rushed since the recruiter had back-to-back interviews scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your communication method   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2012.

First interview in person at the office.
    Interviewer was very friendly, which I find is the case with most PwC staff.
    Asked mainly behavioural questions and some resume/ cover letter specific questions.
    (Review your cover letter and resume!! They DO read and highlight points to question you on)

Interview Questions
    Invitation to second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Applied through my university. Heard back from the recruiter within a few days informing of a in person interview. Hiring consistent of a pre-interview dinner, interview with 1 partner, 1 manager, and 1 senior associate - all for 30 minutes each, decision made that day.

Interview Questions
    • behavioural based interview. Some off the wall questions like "I wanna start an establishment (club, cafe, etc.) in this town, where would be a good place to set up shop."   View Answer
    No negotiations at all. Standard package offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

You are interviewed by multiple people to test for work environment "fit". Questions are mostly behavioral and are designed to let the interviewers learn more about you and asses if they think you will "fit in" with the culture at PwC. Interview process was facilitated by an individual who takes you from interview to interview and informs you about PwC's culture and is available to answer any questions you might have about the process. The interview process was very well designed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. A lot of behavioral questions. MOre than I expected.   View Answer
    No negotiation available. You come right out of school into a set package offering.

Audit Associate Interview

I got the interview from campus recruiting. The questions are all about behavior questions and based on resume. The campus interview is with a senior manager and she took many notes when I was talking. I think the process is really very selective in my school.

Interview Questions
    • like when do you give somebody some developmental feedback?   Answer Question