PwC Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

146 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

- 3 Part Interview with Staff, Manager, and Partner
- Interviewers focus was on Teamwork, Excellence, and Leadership (respectively)

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult questions were with respects to my achievement (or rather, underachievement) of a certain grade point, and explaining why I would still be considered a valued addition to their work force.   Answer Question
Straight forward; they provided a standard contract - which typically is the same between all Big Four firms - and I accepted

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Three interviews
    Sr associate
    Manager
    Partner

No negotiations

Associate Interview

typical behavioural interview questions: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in March 2008.

There was an HR interview followed by an interview with the director and then an interview with the partner of the group. The HR interview was more behavioural while the other two were more casual conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict between the expectations of management and a client. What steps did you take?   Answer Question
    They asked how much I was expecting. The number I gave them was way above the range they were offering. I think because of that I managed to get an offer at the higher end of the pay scale of an associate.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Applied through employee referral. Received mail within a week to schedule an interview. I found the recruiter a little unprofessional. I couldn't hear what she was asking. Kept on writing all that I said while I was speaking.Asked about my resume, my achievements, how I have helped others, if I had taken help from others etc.
    She would not reply to any follow up emails or turn back calls.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

1. One on campus interview, interview with a manager.
    2. On site interview including a pre-night dinner and meet with two interviewers in the second day, one is senior manager, another is a partner.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zwolle, Overijssel (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zwolle, Overijssel (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Telephone interview, tests, more tests, face to face interview, rejection, difficult question and trust issues. People claim that you are wrong when you are right. It is a horrible company and all they do is to flame you and make you feel bad. Do not go there.

Interview Questions
    • Do I have to trust someone on his blue eyes?   View Answer

Associate Interview

It is easy to wander when answering an experience interview question, particularly if you do not have a specific situation or problem in mind. Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, your answer will be succinct and on topic.

Interview Questions
    • Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

There's an online numerical and logical test, as well as something like a situational judgement test. the same tests in higher difficulty arise in the assessment centre. Following that there is a group exeercise and a couple of interviews, depending on your performace in the previous areas

Interview Questions
    • the tests in the assessment centre are more difficult than the ones completed online   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

It is a fair process, everybody is given a fair chance to present their talents. PwC has a great way of taking interviews. The interviewee will always be made comfortable, and given ample time to prepare himself/herself before the interview. The interviewers will be very experienced professionals nad will make every efforts to make the interview a great experience for the interveiwee.

Interview Questions
    • There are no unexpected questions,. An interviewee is expected to have some background of the job applied for. The interview will be more or less around the job profile, and certain technical skills that are needed to perform that role. Nothing is difficult if you know where your going.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!