PwC Associate Interview Questions

Updated 31 Mar, 2015

2.9

Associate Interview

Interview

Three interviews
Sr associate
Manager
Partner

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Associate Interview

Interview

typical behavioural interview questions: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC (Waterloo, ON) in September 2010.

Interview

- 3 Part Interview with Staff, Manager, and Partner
    - Interviewers focus was on Teamwork, Excellence, and Leadership (respectively)

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were with respects to my achievement (or rather, underachievement) of a certain grade point, and explaining why I would still be considered a valued addition to their work force.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward; they provided a standard contract - which typically is the same between all Big Four firms - and I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON) in March 2008.

Interview

There was an HR interview followed by an interview with the director and then an interview with the partner of the group. The HR interview was more behavioural while the other two were more casual conversations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict between the expectations of management and a client. What steps did you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much I was expecting. The number I gave them was way above the range they were offering. I think because of that I managed to get an offer at the higher end of the pay scale of an associate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First interview with a director, followed by a second interview with a different director.

Both interviews were relaxed and I was made to feel at ease.

Typical competencies that are listed on the website with more specific probing into industry knowledge.

Final interview was in the morning and offer was made the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why this profession, a conflict within a team project/my specific role, my opinion on certain current emerging trends.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in March 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for technical interview with an Indian who seemed so disinterested in conducting the interview. Instead of listening to the answer, he was cutting off in between before I could even finish the answer. I heard that interview will be more of a conversational but whenever I tried to strike a conversation about technical challenges, he would cut me off and say you are not supposed to ask technical question to me. I knew by the end of the call that he is going to reject.

Associate Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews plus 1 face to face interview. Nothing unexpected in phone interviews, just behavior questions and talked few former work experience. after about 1 month, they invited me to their office for onsite. Overall it was not bad, good work environment.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

I went for an interview at the Philadelphia office and met with three senior members and a recent associate. During the meetings with managers we discussed trends in health care, what I believe were traits that were needed for consulting, the average schedule of associate and work load.

Interview Questions

• What trend in healthcare legislation do you see and what are some examples of how it can affect clients.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

very standard big four interviews. Started with a basic introduction about the interview and lasted for about 45 minutes. I got a chance to add some points in the end to support my application.
    9 questions asked regarding the five competencies listed. Please be prepared to the business acumen one, which asks you how to keep track of business news and what can you learn from it. Make sure you read business regularly and use a clear STAR structure to make all your actions easily understood.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you use analytical skills to solve a complex problem? (analytical skills-use different pieces of information)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Telephone interview: structured around PwC's five core competencies, asking about two questions for each competency. Also asked for my knowledge of the position I applied for. Be sure to think about any significant things you have learnt from each example you give. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Give an example describing how you have adapted to feedback you've received at university or in a work environment.   Answer Question