PwC Advisory Manager Interview Questions

Updated 7 Jul, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Manager Interview

I was really surprised--both interviews went really well but then they just fell off the face of the earth. I was really surprised that I never even got the courtesy of a final email/follow up call. I understand that the interview and selection process can be an arduous one however I think I deserved the courtesy of a follow up.

Interview Questions
  • I was really surprised by how unstructured the interviews were. I found that I had to ask questions in order to get a sense of the job as both parties had little to share.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

- Get to know the right people and who matter
    - Find out about the latest events in the company
    - Get to understand the business

Interview Questions
    Could not negotiate much on the pay but neogtiated on the starting date.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Manager - Advisory Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Initial interview will be through recruiter followed by a technical screening. If you pass the stage, then you will be invited to an in-person interview with multiple directors/managers with one partner interview. You will be assessed with personality and compatibility to the company culture and direction. Learn as much as you can about company culture and position that you're applying for, then you should be fine if your skill/soft skill matched with those.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

The interview process was very smooth and very informative. The interviewers were very honest about the position and the work requirements.The interview involved three seperate people as well as continual communication from a recruiting specialist who was very good. I was kept fully aware of all items and was provided with any requested info about benefits and work responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Standard and typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    The accepted offer was only contingient. It however was straight forward and the salary requested was met.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2012.

I first applied online for the position. PWC got back to me the same day about having a phone screen. I had a phone screen the next day with a Practice director. I was then asked to fly to San Jose for in interview 2 weeks later. PWC made the arrangements and were very good with follow up on flight preferences, etc. The actual interview was in their San Jose office. I interviewed with 5 people. The HR person that I had been in contact with met with me and took me to my interview room. The Managers & Directors that I met with were interested in different things- some technical ability, others managerial/client interaction ability. Overall I felt they were gauging if I would be a good fit. PWC is very big on their brand. This came up a lot during the interview. They are proud of who they are and want people to be very impressed with them as well. Also, they are big on networking. They want to make sure you have the confidence and personality to create more opportunities within an existing client base. I would say other than technical acumen, these 2 things seemed to be paramount. Finally, I believe this job will be stressful. They like a "go-getter" mentality that can deal with the high stress and competitive environment. If you can demonstrate these qualities during your interview, I think you will get the job. Also- I think it helps to have a really positive attitude with them.
    I will also say this: Know your resume and know your skill set. Any job interview can be easy if your resume is up to date, honest and your technical skills match what they are looking for. PWC did ask me some questions about what I know to test my experience. This was easy for me because I didn't fudge any of my abilities. That's key to make it through this interview process- they do actually look at your resume.

Interview Questions
    • The first person wanted me to actually demonstrate on a whiteboard how I would go through an Agile implementation for an enterprise organization.   View Answer
    • My third interviewer asked what professional connections from a client perspective I could bring to the table.   View Answer
    I negotiated a higher salary. I guess I'm pretty easy- but it was a 10k difference in what i was offered. It was relatively easy. I just told them that with the travel involved, I need to pay for pet care and would need 10k more. They were able to secure this in less than 12 hours. I could have probably negotiated some other things- I think it was available to maybe get a few more options but I didn't really need too much else.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Got a call from sourcing and then a Recruiter 30 mins interview. Next step was a Phone Interview with a Director. Final step was meeting in person with 3 people - Manager, Director and a Principal. It took about 3 months but about 9 weeks were wasted between call from sourcing to Recruiter calling me.

Very easy. PwC Advisory (I think) is a good pay master. I did not have to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2012.

I interviewed with about 4 senior management, the interview was relatively straight forward. They were most interested in your past experience and how you can apply that experience to PwC. Be sure to be able to speak to all your accomplishments on your resume and be able to substantiate it.

Advisory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Interview process was relaxed. Consisted of initial recruiter interview, a skills interview and ultimately a partner interview. Overall relaxed conversations during each interview resulting on a more conversational tone.

Interview Questions
    • Background questions, why consulting, skills questions.   Answer Question
    No, best offer presented first time. Do leverage other offers in the earlier discussion when you begin talking about "ideal" compensation, etc. Be realistic with your expectation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Process is very lengthy but purposely. The inteview is situational based to get to know the person. Interview process gives a very accurate picture of the company and what to expect. The process is very structured and organized.