PwC

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

My process went really fast. I had the telephone interview on a Wednesday of the week of 2/9/15. I had my in person interview with 2 directors and a manager that following friday and then the partner interview on a Wednesday evening the following week. All interview were 2-3 business days a part.

I haven't yet had a response and its been exactly one week since my partner interview. Has anyone received an offer after a week or so? Or how soon did you receive your offer? I heard I did very well and was one of 2 final candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you had to change the direction of a project while in the middle?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

it is three round interviews, 1-1 first, and onsite event, and another follow up, generally speaking it is a well structured, but the whole process lasts longer than regular procedure.
    onsite visit contains three back to back interviews, talking to three different people in the team from different level.

Interview Questions
    • ask about resume, projects, behavioral questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Submit resume and unofficial transcript during the online application process. Before the interview, I talked to a senior associate and after that a senior manager interviewed me. The interview was mainly about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How you lead yourself, how you lead others, how you lead yourself and others   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Did it through on campus recruiting. One round on campus and second round they flew me onsite. Everyone I met was very nice and I can tell they care a lot about the candidates. Finally declined offer because I joined a different industry, but the overall impression throughout the process was extremely positive.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager
    Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with current events?
      Why do you want to be a consultant?

Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I got the interview from campus hiring program. There are two processes. One phone interview and then onsite interview. The phone interview is not hard, basic screening questions. Got the onsite interview invitation but declined.

Advisory Associate Interview

The first round interview was fairly typical. They asked me about my background and internships and a couple behavioral questions ("Why consulting/PwC?", "Tell me about a time when...").

They informed me a couple days later that I got a final round interview. 48 hours before it, they sent me a case study that I had to familiarize myself with. It was a few pages long, and decently complicated. When I arrived at the PwC office, they gave me and the other candidates an hour to create hard copy powerpoint slides based on questions they had on our cases. We then had three interviews in a row, each lasting half an hour. Two were behavioral interviews (they asked me about my traveling experiences, general resume questions, and again a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions, but nothing too unexpected), and the third was the case. I had to present my presentation to the interviewer as if he was the client, which was the most nerve wracking of the three.

They called me later that day with a verbal offer!

Interview Questions
    • The case was the most difficult part. Make sure you have good presentation skills.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate. It's a national position, so negotiating would be a little more difficult.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Consisted of three interviews: two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral interviews were targeting four of the five company employee characteristics including a global perspective, technical acumen, etc. The case interview was given 48 hours in advance to allow preparation. Final questions given at the start of the interview and allowed 45 minutes to prepare a slide show presentation (written out by hand on paper slides) making a recommendation and present to interviewee posing as the client.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview was the most challenging and nerve wracking, but it is used to show your train of thought and critical thinking skills rather than a right or wrong answer.   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

There will be three interviews in a row, but none of them are exceptionally harsh. Mine took me about two hour. Case study throw people off their feet. It's might be easy for those who have previous relative experience. The interview schedule was uneasy for full credit student, especially if you have to fly over in a weekday.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

1st round: On-campus interview with manager. Be prepared to clearly articulate why PwC, why consulting, and behavioral experiences in school/in your internships. Be confident and don't over embellish or exaggerate your answers - they are looking for genuine people who fit in to their culture.

2nd round: One case interview (case sent 48 hours before), one interview assessing your global acumen and one interview assessing your teamwork and communication competencies. If you make it this far, its yours to lose. Again, be open, kind, and confident in yourself. They are trying to see if they can put you in front of a client.

Received verbal offer one business day later.

The whole process was smooth, everyone was down to earth and friendly, and I was very impressed with the caliber of the interviewees at the final rounds. PwC is a rapidly growing its advisory practice and is truly investing into its new hires, which factored in to my decision to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Did you get a return offer at XYZ company? If so, why didn't you take it?   Answer Question
    It was a generous offer so I didn't negotiate.