PwC

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Question – Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details At first there was a phone interview in which i was asked basic personality questions. Then on the 1:1 interview, i was presented with detailed math and analytical questions and i had to answer those correctly. with the group interview i got to meet other candidates and prepare a presentation.

Interview Questions

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2008.

Interview Details Quick process in my experience. People were likeable and generally an accurate reflection of the actual culture of the firm. Had two rounds. First was an ice-breaker cultural fit interview with a manager. Second was an assessment centre comprising numerical, logic and verbal tests, group exercise and partner interview. Partner interview involved going through a case study and was quite tough.

Interview Question – Why chosen company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much to speak of in the negotiation phase.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Interview Details Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either)
They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question