Publix

Updated 12 Dec, 2014
Updated 12 Dec, 2014

2.0

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

First step, come in and put the app in. Yes, in. You cannot take it online. It is very helpful to take full initiative, talk to a manager, introduce yourself, explain you'd love to work there, you're a fast learner and a hard worker with a flexible schedule. Be the person they want, make them enthusiastic about hiring you. Let them know your app is already in. You'll get a call for an interview. Then, post interview, a call for paperwork and a drug test (mouth swab test). You're in! Next is orientation, a day with other newly hired folks, a free lunch, and learning about the company.
    Application has MANY trick questions. If you're not going for a manager position, there are questions that are worded just to trick you as a employee under someone. Questions that you think they'd want you to take leadership in and make it sound like you'd be bothering the manager if you asked for help. But REALLY, you should always just choose the question that sounds like you're listening to your manager. If you think choosing "agree" rather than "strongly agree" is honest and appealing to the employer, you're wrong. If it sounds good, hit strongly agree. Sounds bad, hit strongly disagree.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, it was to tell her about myself. I stumbled all over my words, trying to think of what about me would make me appealing for the job.   Answer Question
    I didn't even know my pay til I was hired, I never bothered to ask. Turned out when I logged into my employee profile, I was making $9/hr! Never needed to negotiate.

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Applied using the computer in the store, takes around 20 minutes. Got a call around a week later, setting up an interview time. Came to the store and was interviewed by the CS Manager in her office, very casual and laid back. The interview only took 10 minutes at most.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly simple behavior based questions, how would you handle an upset customer, what do you do if you see a coworker stealing, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pretty cut and dry.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

Took about a month got an interview contacted screening then job. The process was not that stressful although you have to wait for the drug screenig. Afterwards you have to attend orientation at a particular location. Learning about ths company and offers are quite interesting really care about associates.

Interview Questions
    • How can you potentially up sell products in this environment.   Answer Question
    They pay well no negotiation necessary.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix.

I applied in the store and ten days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She told me about job, benefits, etc. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I applied in the store and one week later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple.I met with the store manager and she went over my resume. She was very nice. One week later, I've got an offer, overall great experience

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Applied at kiosk in store, received a call back 2 weeks later. First interview was with the assistant manager and it was very relaxed; more of a "get to know you" type interview. They did ask about my previous customer service experience, and also to tell them about a time that I dealt with an upset customer and what did I do about to handle the situation. Was told during the first interview that they liked me and they would call me the next day for a second interview with the store manager. As expected, they called the next day to schedule the second interview. This interview took place 4 days after the first. The manager asked me what I know about Publix and then proceeded to explain the origins of the company to me (I honestly had not researched that question). The interview was again very relaxed and the manager explained how there's a lot of opportunity to advance within Publix. No unexpected questions. I feel like, as in the first interview, they were trying to get a feel for who you are as a person. Was called the next day with an offer for full-time employment.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, set hourly pay.

Stock Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Easy- In store and took about 40 minutes. About three weeks later they called me back for a interview. There were only three other competitors for the position. I arrived about 15 minutes early. The manager was very nice. Quite an easy interview I'll say. Overall a great experience and hope to get the job!

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

I applied for Publix at the kiosk in the store and 5 days later they called me for an interview. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Publix.

Will ask you basic questions and if they feel that you are friendly and can handle customers politely, they will hire you.

Took weeks to get a job interview then drug test on the spot. After a week, they will get the result and will call you back for a job offer.

Deli Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix in November 2014.

I applied at the kiosk a few days ago and received the call today for an interview. It was about 2pm and the manager asked me to come in later tonight around 7pm if possible. I went and the manager was very nice. He took me to his office and began the questions. The interview took about 30 minutes and I was hired on the spot. I go in tomorrow for the drug test and should be doing orientations in the middle of next week after the tests come back. I'm very excited!

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to work here, what you know about the deli dept., strengths/weaknesses you have, went over my app and what my goals were 2 years and 10 years from now, etc.   Answer Question