Publix

Updated 19 Jan, 2015

1.6

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Easy interview. Met with the manager, and he asked me about what I plan to do in the future. He took a call in the middle of the interview, but I didn't really mind. By the end of the interview, I was offered a position at minimum wage. They made me take a mouth swab drug test, and then they sent me to some pretty dreadful classes. After the classes though, I started working and getting trained right away. Overall, an easy experience for my first job.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

I applied. I received a pone call. I went into the store for a behavioral interview and they offered me the job right there. I was in high school, so I did not really negotiate anything more than minimum wage. I was only 15 years old. This was my first job. The interview was easy and it was worth it to get my first job

Not bad!

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

First step, come in and put the app in. Yes, in. You cannot take it online. It is very helpful to take full initiative, talk to a manager, introduce yourself, explain you'd love to work there, you're a fast learner and a hard worker with a flexible schedule. Be the person they want, make them enthusiastic about hiring you. Let them know your app is already in. You'll get a call for an interview. Then, post interview, a call for paperwork and a drug test (mouth swab test). You're in! Next is orientation, a day with other newly hired folks, a free lunch, and learning about the company.
    Application has MANY trick questions. If you're not going for a manager position, there are questions that are worded just to trick you as a employee under someone. Questions that you think they'd want you to take leadership in and make it sound like you'd be bothering the manager if you asked for help. But REALLY, you should always just choose the question that sounds like you're listening to your manager. If you think choosing "agree" rather than "strongly agree" is honest and appealing to the employer, you're wrong. If it sounds good, hit strongly agree. Sounds bad, hit strongly disagree.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, it was to tell her about myself. I stumbled all over my words, trying to think of what about me would make me appealing for the job.   Answer Question
    I didn't even know my pay til I was hired, I never bothered to ask. Turned out when I logged into my employee profile, I was making $9/hr! Never needed to negotiate.

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Publix.

Applied using the computer in the store, takes around 20 minutes. Got a call around a week later, setting up an interview time. Came to the store and was interviewed by the CS Manager in her office, very casual and laid back. The interview only took 10 minutes at most.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly simple behavior based questions, how would you handle an upset customer, what do you do if you see a coworker stealing, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, pretty cut and dry.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Publix.

Easy interview, more of a conversation than an interview. Just basic questions and an overview of the position responsibilities, benefits, and scheduling. Questions such as: Why Publix? Tell me about yourself. Name a time when you experienced poor customer service. Name a time when you experienced exceptional customer service. Why should I hire you for this job?

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Publix.

I was hired in 2005 and had a very brief one-on-one interview with the store manager. The questions were simple and the interview as a whole was non-threatening. The next day I received a call that I was accepted into the position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything truly difficult. I was only about 16 at the time and this was my first job, so the only hard-hitting question was really, "How often can you work?"   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Publix.

Very long time ago- was in high school and just looking for gas money. It turned into a great career in which I'm very proud of. I was looking for nights and weekends at the time.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $3.35 per hour, and I accepted happily.

Front Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2013.

I spoke with the store manager unknowingly and he wanted to bring me in for a interview. When we sat down in his office he explained what publix is about and its goal to be the premier service in the world. The interview went on and he told me to hold a cotton swab to my cheek. That's it.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Publix.

The interview was the easiest I've ever had in my life. They never asked me situational questions or anything like that. It was more like they want people on the spot so I came in dressed nicely, ready with questions I researched and all they asked was my availability, previous experience and what I needed to do next before I was hired "drug test on the spot"

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all. Mostly yes or no questions regarding my availability and if I was okay with their on the spot drug testing.   Answer Question