Prudential Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
303 interviews

2.8

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Prudential in January 2014.

3 stages, meeting with manager, then agency trainer, then managing director. Pretty simple process. Pretty structured. the final interview with the managing director was the most intimidating because it was very structured. Make sure you are prepared for the interview questions. They can be very difficult. The agency trainer was very nice. Didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Peak Leadership Conference Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in March 2014.

After submitting my online application for 3 weeks, I had a phone interview with campus recruiting team. They told me that they selected 200 out of 500 applicants to do the phone interview, and 50 applicants would attend the conference in the end. The interview is short about 30 minutes. I was asked 4 or 5 questions for around 25 minutes and allowed to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • There are no unexpected questions. All behavior questions like "tell me your opionion of leadership?""Tell me your experience working in a team?" A lot questions about teamwork and leadership.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative and then she placed me an a face to face interview with two senior leaders. The process was fairly quick. The HR representative called me personally to tell me that I was not chosen for the role.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect two questions in a row about working on a team where conflicts needed to be resolved.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

I had a connection to someone that works there so he got me the interview. I was contacted via email to set up the appointment and went on it 2 weeks later. interviewed with 4 people for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard. there was the usual situational question of name a time you failed or a time you had to deal with someone difficult in a group project.   Answer Question

RS Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Prudential in January 2011.

Asked about the goals, career expectations, behaviorists questions, HR interview, why applied for this job. What is the earlier job credentials. Educational level completed. Salary expectations. Travel considerations.
    What is a job in similar role performed earlier. Who can vouch for that. How long will be here if getting an offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in July 2014.

two interviews; nice people, great advices, basic interview questions: 5 year ambitions
    I was too nervous and lack of preparation.
    Then got referred to a internship programme, but declined to attend the courses.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northborough, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Northborough, MA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in May 2014.

I went to a job fair and was approached by one of the managers. I attended a few interviews and everyone was very nice. I felt like they cared about me and my success. I attended an in person interview, a phone interview, then a final interview where they make sure you are the right fit for the job. They tell you about the sales structure for earning commission, then set you up for the orientation. A skills test is required, as well as a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to financially support yourself through the training until it has been completed?   Answer Question

I declined because I'm not a spot in my life where I can work without earning money because I don't have any saved at the moment, just coming out of college. This position would be better for someone who is doing a career transition.

Life Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plymouth, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential.

I applied and was asked several days later to do some additional testing. Included some fast paced coding questions, a mock calling portion, and a personality assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion was the coding. Had 20 minutes to answer 10 questions that required table reading and code interpretation. I found it difficult because the position was supposed to be entry-level.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential.

Generic interview process. Internal hiring makes it difficult to obtain perm. employment. No surprises. Very friendly yet professional. Standard security and escort procedure. Interviewed by 3 execs and spoke with 2 admins.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!