Prudential

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Prudential in August 2011.

Interview Details Recruiting manager was very friendly and helpful. The process was fairly simple asking about past experience.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Prudential

Interview Details Difficult interview, with a senior official preceding over the process. Know the basics of accounting, recent trends in the market, and the different methodologies for valuing a company.

Interview Question – What are the three types of financial statements, what is each used for, and which one is most important when analyzing the liquidity of a company?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in November 2012.

Interview Details First interview was on-site at my campus, second round was at their headquarters in Newark, NJ. Process seemed very organized throughout and it looks like a program that can give you a lot of hands-on experience. The second round interview consisted of 2 separate interviews by employees, the first round was just one.

Interview Question – When was there a time that you experienced difficulty motivating a team member and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details Phone Interview - Surprised with multiple people on the other end - Conference style

Interview Question – How would you finance an apartment?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview Details college recruiting, one on one interview and Newark interview

Interview Question – normal questions throughout the process. A lot about strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in May 2012.

Interview Details Went down to the headquarters, was told that it was round 1 of interview, there would be a round 2 in the future, was told to do a personality test, and to fill up some personal particulars form. Was then told to wait, before meeting someone from the company. Went through the basic interview questions, "tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in the next 3 years, what makes you want to work"

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Prudential in March 2012.

Interview Details I was contacted at the beginning of January that I had been selected for a phone interview. That interview occured about a week later and was fairly laid back and informal. I was asked the typical background information and goals-related questions. After about 2 weeks I was sent an email notifying me that I had been selected for a 2nd round on-site interview. That did not occur until the beginning of March but it was very organized and a very postive experience. I had two 45 minute 1-on-1 interviews with more of the same typical HR questions. about 2 weeks after that, I was called and offered an internship.

Interview Question – What was a situation where you were working in a group and the other members weren't fulfilling their responsibilities? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential in May 2010.

Interview Details It took a long time (almost 2 months) for HR to contact me if I were still interested in a position. I said yes and had a phone interview that went relatively well. 2 weeks later I went in for 2nd rounds. I met with 2 hiring managers and was offered a position with my preferred one. I am reaching the end of my internship and I hope to get a full-time offer! It's pretty great here in terms of people and flexibility.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Prudential

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prudential Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Prudential employees and interview candidates.