Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com

Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2013.

Interview Details Excellent, thorough and friendly without having to feel like you were being scrutinized every five to ten minutes. Punctual time frame set for interview, and it was right on schedule. Felt at ease the entire time and it was as if the interviewer were sitting across from me, not on the phone, three hundred miles away.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview Details I applied online and after a week i was asked to complete the assessment test and right away i was notified that i pass the assessment test and to wait for an email or phone call to make phone interview appointment. after a week i was schedule for an phone interview. after 2 days i was notify for the face to face interview.

Interview Question – interview questions was average. nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. This position is for an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes. or an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes.
I was told when I received the call I did not receive the job that I did not have the background they were looking for. I've worked in insurance for several years now.

Interview Question – All situational questions   Answer Question

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Interview Details Regretfully, I didn't get it, but they kept me posted and was very kind. Actually im a little rusty with my typing but when I get my speed back I will reapply.

Interview Question – How much experience have I had in customer service. Times and dates.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview Details I got hired through innosource. I had an online assesment and then a call back the next day for my interview 2 days later i scheduled for an interview with progressive and 2 days from that i was givin a position which i accepted. The background check was extremly extensive but no drug test. Confidence and willingness to learn is a PLUS you will work 2 weeks in the hole

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond your job tittle   Answer Question
  • When was a rime you had misjudgment in the work place abd how did you correct it   Answer Question

Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details So I went through all the steps,took and passed online assesment after 1 week I found out results next step was phone interview, the interviewer was great and said normally she didnt tell people right away but I had made it through to the face to face interview. I received a link to have my background checked and received a phone assesment for my Spanish. I was sure I had the job, the face to face interview gves no room to talk about yourself AT ALL only STAR questions.( I have been in the call center/CSR field over 10 years the last 6 I was management in the call center actually monitored the calls for accuracy and quality). The recruiter called me on the 3rd day to inform me I was not selected because they are looking for someone more "customer service oriented" From other comments I have seen it appears that if you have management experience you are not likely to get hired, in fact the person that I sat with to fill me in on the job details indicate she didnt have much experience before working there. I still would like to apply I feel it is a great company but not sure what they are looking for as it seems they want experience but not "too much"

Interview Question – Have you applied anywhere else?   Answer Question

Riverview, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details Progressive's hiring process is one of the most rigorous I have encountered. Submit application, complete phone interview, background check (intensive) and two face to face interviews. They use the STAR method for interviewing... so prepare prepare prepare.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you made a mistake and what you did.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Riverview, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in December 2011.

Interview Details applied online, received an email to take an assessment test, received a reply with in days about setting up a phone interview. I was also sent an email letting me know the questions that might be asked. After my phone interview I received another email with in a couple days about my face to face interview. The face to face interview was a 2 hour process interviewing with 2 managers. They use the STAR format for interviewing, asking about time management, mutli-tasking, problem solving and many more

Interview Question – Tell me about questions can be hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't know you could negotiate the salary, but what the offered was what I wanted so it worked out great.

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

Interview Details 1) Fill out Application, 2) Pass Assessment Test, 3) Accept and Complete Phone Interview, 4) Complete HireRight Employment Verification Check, 5) Complete Progressive's Criminal Background Check, 6)Accept and Complete a Satisfactory 1-day On-Site Interview with 2 Separate Supervisors Expect to answer questions related to 1 specific call, 7) If Offered a Position, ACCEPT THE JOB!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were assisting a customer on a situation that changed the way you thought about the company.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you failed to provide the correct solution for a customer. What did you did to correct the issue?   View Answer
  • How do you handle calls from customers that seem to be unsatisfied with everything offered?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We negotiated on a schedule that would still work for me.

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details I am currently a supervisor with another call center but decided to apply as a customer service representative with Progressive thinking it was a great way to get my foot into the door.

I had two phone interviews with a recruiter and discussed the fact I was currently a supervisor and the reason I was looking at this customer service rep role. I asked if it was a concern for their company that I am currently in a leadership role and was assured it was not a problem for them. So I set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview took 2 hours total. Two days later the recruiter called me to say that the leaders I interviewed with are not comfortable taking someone who is currently a supervisor and hiring them for a customer service rep role. I asked the recruiter if they were aware that I was currently a supervisor before I ever agreed to meet with them in person and the recruiter said yes, they were aware of this beforehand as they had and reviewed my resume.

I asked that since their leadership"s standard stance is to not hire someone in a leadership role for a customer service rep role, then why would they ask me to come down there (20 miles one way from my home) to interview for 2 hours if no matter what I said or how well I did in that interview, there was no chance they would offer me this position. The recruiters response was "well, they still wanted to talk with you".

I am perfectly fine with not getting a job offer as I am currently employed (at a higher salary), but this was a complete waste of my time, gas, mileage (and two hours of lost pay at work) to go interview when they all knew that no matter what I said they had no intention of offering me this position even before I arrived for the interview. Very sad that this company does not value peoples time.

As a long term customer of Progressive, I have cancelled all policies and went to another company for insurance. I will also do my best to steer anyone away because of their complete lack of respect for peoples time.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions that follow the STAR format. You will however sit with a rep for about 30 minutes in between the two interviews so you can see what the reps do. Kind of scary you have that much access to customers personal information and you do not even work there.   Answer Question

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!