Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 16 Aug, 2014

3.3

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and after a week i was asked to complete the assessment test and right away i was notified that i pass the assessment test and to wait for an email or phone call to make phone interview appointment. after a week i was schedule for an phone interview. after 2 days i was notify for the face to face interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Applied online. This position is for an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes. or an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes.
    I was told when I received the call I did not receive the job that I did not have the background they were looking for. I've worked in insurance for several years now.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Regretfully, I didn't get it, but they kept me posted and was very kind. Actually im a little rusty with my typing but when I get my speed back I will reapply.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience have I had in customer service. Times and dates.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I got hired through innosource. I had an online assesment and then a call back the next day for my interview 2 days later i scheduled for an interview with progressive and 2 days from that i was givin a position which i accepted. The background check was extremly extensive but no drug test. Confidence and willingness to learn is a PLUS you will work 2 weeks in the hole

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you went above and beyond your job tittle   Answer Question
    • When was a rime you had misjudgment in the work place abd how did you correct it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in May 2014.

So I went through all the steps,took and passed online assesment after 1 week I found out results next step was phone interview, the interviewer was great and said normally she didnt tell people right away but I had made it through to the face to face interview. I received a link to have my background checked and received a phone assesment for my Spanish. I was sure I had the job, the face to face interview gves no room to talk about yourself AT ALL only STAR questions.( I have been in the call center/CSR field over 10 years the last 6 I was management in the call center actually monitored the calls for accuracy and quality). The recruiter called me on the 3rd day to inform me I was not selected because they are looking for someone more "customer service oriented" From other comments I have seen it appears that if you have management experience you are not likely to get hired, in fact the person that I sat with to fill me in on the job details indicate she didnt have much experience before working there. I still would like to apply I feel it is a great company but not sure what they are looking for as it seems they want experience but not "too much"

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in March 2014.

I am currently a supervisor with another call center but decided to apply as a customer service representative with Progressive thinking it was a great way to get my foot into the door.

I had two phone interviews with a recruiter and discussed the fact I was currently a supervisor and the reason I was looking at this customer service rep role. I asked if it was a concern for their company that I am currently in a leadership role and was assured it was not a problem for them. So I set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview took 2 hours total. Two days later the recruiter called me to say that the leaders I interviewed with are not comfortable taking someone who is currently a supervisor and hiring them for a customer service rep role. I asked the recruiter if they were aware that I was currently a supervisor before I ever agreed to meet with them in person and the recruiter said yes, they were aware of this beforehand as they had and reviewed my resume.

I asked that since their leadership"s standard stance is to not hire someone in a leadership role for a customer service rep role, then why would they ask me to come down there (20 miles one way from my home) to interview for 2 hours if no matter what I said or how well I did in that interview, there was no chance they would offer me this position. The recruiters response was "well, they still wanted to talk with you".

I am perfectly fine with not getting a job offer as I am currently employed (at a higher salary), but this was a complete waste of my time, gas, mileage (and two hours of lost pay at work) to go interview when they all knew that no matter what I said they had no intention of offering me this position even before I arrived for the interview. Very sad that this company does not value peoples time.

As a long term customer of Progressive, I have cancelled all policies and went to another company for insurance. I will also do my best to steer anyone away because of their complete lack of respect for peoples time.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions that follow the STAR format. You will however sit with a rep for about 30 minutes in between the two interviews so you can see what the reps do. Kind of scary you have that much access to customers personal information and you do not even work there.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in February 2014.

1) Fill out Application, 2) Pass Assessment Test, 3) Accept and Complete Phone Interview, 4) Complete HireRight Employment Verification Check, 5) Complete Progressive's Criminal Background Check, 6)Accept and Complete a Satisfactory 1-day On-Site Interview with 2 Separate Supervisors Expect to answer questions related to 1 specific call, 7) If Offered a Position, ACCEPT THE JOB!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were assisting a customer on a situation that changed the way you thought about the company.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to provide the correct solution for a customer. What did you did to correct the issue?   View Answer
    • How do you handle calls from customers that seem to be unsatisfied with everything offered?   View Answer
    We negotiated on a schedule that would still work for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

One of the hardest interviews I've had. In fact, I was told of the thousands of applicants, only 1% are hired. I submitted my application online, got a call to schedule a phone interview. Then did a face to face with two supervisors in the room, then one on one with each supervisor. I was given a tour and did an hour side by side listening to calls with another employee. Got a call about a week later with the employment offer, contingent on backround check. They will check ALL references, ALL previous employers, and ALL education. Whole process took about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Progressive uses the STAR interview method. Look it up and familiarize yourself with it- you'll be asked from 15-45 of these types of questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Fair pay, GREAT benefits and AMAZING bonus

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2013.

Went through all interviews start Monday. I am interested in how the test is after the 6 weeks training. I was told if you don't pass the first time you are out. Can someone tell me how difficult the test is.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you have made in previous positions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2013.

I applied online, took an assessment, and got an email within 24 hours saying that I passed the assessment and to follow a link to fill out my full work history. I was contacted the same week and they scheduled me a phone interview pretty quickly. It lasted one hour where we discussed my work history and was asked situational questions. At the end she said she would like to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. It was about a week later. I sat with a customer service rep for 30 minutes listening to her calls. She'd be there 5+ years and said she loved working for Progressive. I really enjoyed this part. Then a manager came and took me to a conference room and asked me about 5-6 situational questions. Another manager came in and asked me more questions. Both managers were extremely nice, made me feel comfortable, and were "real". I really loved the whole experience because I didn't feel like I being interrogated. If you are not familiar with the STAR interview process, look it up. They want you to follow this for every answer. Details are important, and the result is the most important. They said they would be in contact soon. I got a call from the recruiter a few hours later telling me that they were impressed with my interview and they would like to proceed in the next step. They had to complete a full background check. Once that was completed, I got a call with the offer. The whole process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you did not get along with a co-worker and how you handled it.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They posted a range of pay and they offered me right in the middle, I felt this was fair.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!