Progressive Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct, 2014

3.2

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Applied online and received an email for me to take an online exam a few days after. Exam was roughly 40 questions long going over behavioral situations, personality inquires, and some math.a couple days after that I received another email requesting that I schedule a time slot for a phone interview. My phone interview came and was pretty basic. The questions were mostly related to my resume and some behavioral questions following the STAR form for answering. The interview lasted roughly 45 minutes. 2 days later I had received an email requesting that I come into their offices for a face to face interview. I had to schedule the interview almost 2 weeks out because of conflicting schedules with my current employer. The interview came and i met the night customer service supervisor and took a quick tour of part of the facility. They sat me down with a team member to watch them take a couple calls to see if I had any questions or concerns about the job. After that they took me into what they call Quiet Rooms where you can relax or hold private meetings and started the interview. The interview was very similar to the phone interviews just with a bit more emphasis on the behavioral questions and less about my resume. I had two interviews that day one after another and at the end they said they would contact me by the end of the week with the results.

Interview Questions
  • Its kind of hard to come up with the situations to the questions they ask about right on the spot.   View Answer
I didn't bother to negotiate. The pay rate was better than where i was at and a nice set schedule. Which they are changing the way they do schedules in 2015. So we'll see how that goes as a new person.

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

I applied online. After that, I received a confirmation email. After that, an online assessment which I passed with ease. Another email prompting me to schedule my phone interview. Scheduled it for the week. Phone interview went well. The recruiter is as sweet as can be, and really wants to help you succeed. The interview questions here are STAR based, and are behavior questions which can be difficult if you haven't prepared at least 5 generic answers to work with (A difficult customer, co-worker, a time when you had a change in policy, strengths and weaknesses, etc) After I passed the phone interview, I was scheduled for a face-to-face the week after. At the facility, you go to the security desk and check in. You wait in the lobby until a supervisor comes out to get you. At this point, you either interview with the supervisor or they take you to the CSR floor where you sit with a rep and listen to half an hour of calls. I found this interesting and informative, as it helped me answer questions the way I thought they should be answered in our interview later. After the first supervisor interviews you (before or after your observing), another supervisor will come in and ask you similar behavior questions about your work history. My advice is to dress to impress, smile, stay upbeat, and be as honest as you can with those behavior answers. Articulate well and MAKE SURE it's ALL ABOUT the customer. That's what they are looking for, someone who cares about their customers and has a willingness to learn and grow with the company. It has been two days since the face-to-face and I got a job offer this morning. I used this site for a most of my interview prep so I wanted to contribute.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a bad decision. What did you do?   View Answer
    Did not attempt to negotiate. Pay is good and hours are decent, but they are changing schedules based on performance next year (2015) which I am a little concerned with because I'm a new.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I went through a phone interview then got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The first date scheduled I had to miss due to an emergency and they were very accomodating and allowed me to come in at a later date. I had to interview with 2 people separately, the overall interview took about 2 1/2 hours. They asked all STAR questions. First person asked me about 8 or 9, and the second person asked me around 6. They had me sit with a rep between the 2 interviews to see how the job was. They called me about 2 days later and said the interview went great and I was hired. Offer accepted. Love it here, even though the training is very long.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much all the STAR questions. It's hard to pick a specific situation under pressure.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The interview was direct and to the point. It was very detailed and they ask a lot of questions. I like how thorough they are at their selection process and I understand the need for attention to detail.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in October 2014.

On-line assessment, phone interview, in person interview with 2 people and job shadow for 30 minutes. The reps navigate 5-6 applications. There is a large monitor that hangs from the ceiling that shows how many calls are in the queue (75-80) during my visit and how many seconds they have been waiting 240 seconds (3 minutes). The calls never end. No breathing room the cubicals are very small and the walls are short - no privacy and you can hear the loud CSR's talking over you.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't make any effort to sell me on the company or the position. They just need to fill "slots".   Answer Question
    • The recruiter said they had 25 positions to fill. I received 3 different start times for the training schedule....no one really knew the correct schedule "yet". The start date was a week later. They didn't make any effort to make me want to work there.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in September 2014.

It took me 5 weeks process. I did the assessment in early August. Three days later I was told I passed and to look forward to a phone interview. I did the phone interview in mid September and at the end of September I went in for face ti face. The next day I was offered the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and after a week i was asked to complete the assessment test and right away i was notified that i pass the assessment test and to wait for an email or phone call to make phone interview appointment. after a week i was schedule for an phone interview. after 2 days i was notify for the face to face interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Regretfully, I didn't get it, but they kept me posted and was very kind. Actually im a little rusty with my typing but when I get my speed back I will reapply.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience have I had in customer service. Times and dates.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Progressive Insurance in August 2014.

Applied online. This position is for an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes. or an unlicensed agent, I currently hold my insurance license. The interview process took three hours. Face to face interviews with two managers and listening to an agent for thirty minutes.
    I was told when I received the call I did not receive the job that I did not have the background they were looking for. I've worked in insurance for several years now.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

I got hired through innosource. I had an online assesment and then a call back the next day for my interview 2 days later i scheduled for an interview with progressive and 2 days from that i was givin a position which i accepted. The background check was extremly extensive but no drug test. Confidence and willingness to learn is a PLUS you will work 2 weeks in the hole

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you went above and beyond your job tittle   Answer Question
    • When was a rime you had misjudgment in the work place abd how did you correct it   Answer Question