Procter & Gamble Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014
Updated 22 Oct, 2014

3.4

IT Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It was done through university recruiting. Then was an interview done by HR and lastly there was a panel interview. It was really straight forward the questions and the timing was not that long.

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Applied online, then immediately took a behaviour-based test followed by a pattern recognition test. Next step is an in-person interview followed by a more in depth written test. The final phase is a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you mentored a group of people. What was one beneficial thing you told them, and what was one disadvantageous thing you told them?   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Process took about 4 weeks
    Applied as a new grad online. You have to do an online assessment followed by a written assessment. Basic logic questions, math problems and written reasoning questions. Next is the first round interview on campus with younger people in the company. All behavioural questions (talk about a time sort of thing), pretty easy stuff. Moved on to second round interview at their Toronto office. Was taken out to lunch and received a tour of the office then had my interview with two senior members of the company. Very friendly people. Same routine as last time, but significantly more thorough, they asked several variations of the same question expecting different experiences for each one. Positive experience overall though.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you faced an issue that wasn't initially obvious. What did you do to get to the root of the problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

IDS Challenge Interview

There was a reasoning test after application. After passing the test, I got an interview with two staffs in the head office, and I did another test right after the interview. The interviewers are easy going but ask very detailed about your CV. Be prepared and use CAR format!

Engineering Technical Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Process: Online application+reasoning test - written test - initial interview on campus - final interview in the plant. Suggestion for final interviews: try to used examples from different experience, projects, and activities. If you had a lot examples from techinical projects, don't forget to add a couple volunteering/extra-curricular experience - they value that a lot.
    All behavioral questions, nothing too unexpected, but you have to have a CAR structure and a lot supporting details. Some questions I could recall: 1. Tell me a time you found an untapped opportunity and use it to achieve success. 2. Tell me a time you used conflicting information/data. 3. Tell me a time you were accountable for a deadline. 4. Tell me a time you used different strategies and approaches to complete a project. 5. Tell me a time learned something new by you own. 6. Tell me a time you improved upon a process. 7. Tell me a time you were used as a resource for others. 8. Tell me a time you trained someone in your team.

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Got through the initial screening and through to the first interview round. Interviewers were asking very detailed questions about whatever was on my resume. The interview wasn't in person, which made it difficult to hear exactly what they were saying at times, and vice versa. Both interviewers were pleasant and easy to talk to, and seemed to really enjoy working at P&G.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to research data and analyze it.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Intern (Summer) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I applied online through LinkedIn. Of course, had to complete the two behavioural and logical tests (honestly, not hard). Luckily a school club was doing a recruitment workshop in collaboration with P&G of which I was invited to join. At the workshop, there was a "sales pitch" we had to do at the end of the case analysis. Afterwards, I was called for an interview for the CBD position (although i applied for a different position) and to write an on-campus GMAT-like test. This test was a lot harder, limited time, many questions. Required calculator and a lot of thinking. The "prep" test they told me to search up online, was not a fair representation of the actual test given because the actual test was a lot more difficult.

The interview was a panel interview with two senior CBD's, a woman and a man, of whom worked at P&G for 10 and 25 years respectively. It was very intimidating the fact that they worked there for so long. It wasn't a great experience to start with when the male interviewer came to get me from the waiting room to the interviewing room, he looked me up and down (it felt belittling). Nonetheless, i found the actual interview was quite difficult. Basically it was a behaviourial-type questions. They were looking for specific scenarios. I used the STAR method already, but the guy kept questioning me on my answers, drilling it in and asking for extreme specifics. I tried my best. At the end, given a chance to ask questions (like typical interviews). I asked how P&G felt for successful candidates to try different departments. He was really mean about it, saying that this is a very far question, and that it would require me to be successful in this interview first, the second interview, then being successful in the role, etc. Basically, he made me feel like i would not succeed in any circumstance he mentioned.

Honestly, from an intern's point of view, a third year student with limited experience. I feel like a more welcoming and friendly approach would have been better. And starting off on the wrong foot won't help, so you really should know your elevator pitch.

P&G is a great company that hires from within. But maybe they should really leave their hiring process to the HR, where people knows how to handle questions and act in a friendly manner.

Customer Business Development Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I applied online through my campus career page. The preliminary IQ test (guessing the shapes) was stressful but I found it to be kind of fun to try. It was my first one. I believe that anyone who 'passes' their test receives an invitation to write the second IQ test. This test is more shapes, math questions, as well as verbal logic questions. Test is out of 40.

The first round interview is conducted normally by two people and they will ask you only behavioural questions. The format of their questions is operated on the CAR principle, Context, Actions, Result. They want to very briefly know the background, then spend more time on how you approach the situation, then spend a little bit more time on what the result was and what you got out of it.

The final round interview in Toronto is literally the same set of questions, but this time asked by more senior level managers. They will probe you a lot harder regarding the results of your actions.

In the end it was disappointing because I had heard from a career advisor at school that 0 offers had been extended to CBD graduating students.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was not having well established results for some of my actions. DO NOT use examples where the results cannot be easily quantified. I attempted to use an example of leadership in the context of working with a group, and how I could work well with others, however because I did not have sales numbers, attendance numbers, etc to show success, tt backfired.   Answer Question

CBD Intern Interview

Through campus recruitment - 1st interview and test. Then second interview at their head office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped/mentored someone and how do you know that you actually helped?   Answer Question

Emgineering & Manufacturing Technical Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

The interview was a preliminary interview on campus and was around one hour in length. Both interviewers were relatively young, having been with the company for three to four years. They had both graduated and joined the post-grad program to which I was applying, so there were no HR staff present during the interview. Both interviewers were extremely nice, happy, and personable. The interview started with a few generic questions so that they could get to know me and so that I felt more comfortable. The interviewers then went on to ask questions from a list that they had in front of them. The questions were basic behavioural questions and I was allowed to skip one if I had to, although the question still would have to be answered at the end of the interview. Overall this was one of my better interview experiences, thanks in large part to how personable the interviewers were.

This was only the preliminary interview phase