Procter & Gamble

884 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Co-op Interview

Sales Co-op

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2013.

Interview Details 1st stage is essentially applying to the P&G career website. After that you are required to do an online assessment / logic test. You need to pass this in order to get into the 2nd stage. The 2nd stage of the process included: 1) a written test that includes logic/math/verbal; 2) and an interview;
The 3rd stage of the process (that's if they ask you to come back) is to go in for an interview. This will be with directors / managers.

Interview Question – The question that was unexpected for me was "tell me a time when you had to analyze a complex set of data"   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Ottawa, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2010.

Interview Details The district manager worked from home so we met at a hotel for the interview, for the second interview I met her and the regional manager at a cafe. She came down for the day from Toronto which I thought was very impressive for a Merchandiser position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they provided me with their standard rate and it was up to me if I accepted.

Engineering Technical Manager Interview

Engineering Technical Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details Process: Online application+reasoning test - written test - initial interview on campus - final interview in the plant. Suggestion for final interviews: try to used examples from different experience, projects, and activities. If you had a lot examples from techinical projects, don't forget to add a couple volunteering/extra-curricular experience - they value that a lot.
All behavioral questions, nothing too unexpected, but you have to have a CAR structure and a lot supporting details. Some questions I could recall: 1. Tell me a time you found an untapped opportunity and use it to achieve success. 2. Tell me a time you used conflicting information/data. 3. Tell me a time you were accountable for a deadline. 4. Tell me a time you used different strategies and approaches to complete a project. 5. Tell me a time learned something new by you own. 6. Tell me a time you improved upon a process. 7. Tell me a time you were used as a resource for others. 8. Tell me a time you trained someone in your team.

Customer Business Development Intern Interview

Customer Business Development Intern
Toronto, ON

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details Got through the initial screening and through to the first interview round. Interviewers were asking very detailed questions about whatever was on my resume. The interview wasn't in person, which made it difficult to hear exactly what they were saying at times, and vice versa. Both interviewers were pleasant and easy to talk to, and seemed to really enjoy working at P&G.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to research data and analyze it.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Graduate Interview

Customer Business Development Graduate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details I applied online through my campus career page. The preliminary IQ test (guessing the shapes) was stressful but I found it to be kind of fun to try. It was my first one. I believe that anyone who 'passes' their test receives an invitation to write the second IQ test. This test is more shapes, math questions, as well as verbal logic questions. Test is out of 40.

The first round interview is conducted normally by two people and they will ask you only behavioural questions. The format of their questions is operated on the CAR principle, Context, Actions, Result. They want to very briefly know the background, then spend more time on how you approach the situation, then spend a little bit more time on what the result was and what you got out of it.

The final round interview in Toronto is literally the same set of questions, but this time asked by more senior level managers. They will probe you a lot harder regarding the results of your actions.

In the end it was disappointing because I had heard from a career advisor at school that 0 offers had been extended to CBD graduating students.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was not having well established results for some of my actions. DO NOT use examples where the results cannot be easily quantified. I attempted to use an example of leadership in the context of working with a group, and how I could work well with others, however because I did not have sales numbers, attendance numbers, etc to show success, tt backfired.   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Intern (Summer) Interview

Customer Business Development Intern (Summer)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details I applied online through LinkedIn. Of course, had to complete the two behavioural and logical tests (honestly, not hard). Luckily a school club was doing a recruitment workshop in collaboration with P&G of which I was invited to join. At the workshop, there was a "sales pitch" we had to do at the end of the case analysis. Afterwards, I was called for an interview for the CBD position (although i applied for a different position) and to write an on-campus GMAT-like test. This test was a lot harder, limited time, many questions. Required calculator and a lot of thinking. The "prep" test they told me to search up online, was not a fair representation of the actual test given because the actual test was a lot more difficult.

The interview was a panel interview with two senior CBD's, a woman and a man, of whom worked at P&G for 10 and 25 years respectively. It was very intimidating the fact that they worked there for so long. It wasn't a great experience to start with when the male interviewer came to get me from the waiting room to the interviewing room, he looked me up and down (it felt belittling). Nonetheless, i found the actual interview was quite difficult. Basically it was a behaviourial-type questions. They were looking for specific scenarios. I used the STAR method already, but the guy kept questioning me on my answers, drilling it in and asking for extreme specifics. I tried my best. At the end, given a chance to ask questions (like typical interviews). I asked how P&G felt for successful candidates to try different departments. He was really mean about it, saying that this is a very far question, and that it would require me to be successful in this interview first, the second interview, then being successful in the role, etc. Basically, he made me feel like i would not succeed in any circumstance he mentioned.

Honestly, from an intern's point of view, a third year student with limited experience. I feel like a more welcoming and friendly approach would have been better. And starting off on the wrong foot won't help, so you really should know your elevator pitch.

P&G is a great company that hires from within. But maybe they should really leave their hiring process to the HR, where people knows how to handle questions and act in a friendly manner.

Interview Question – A time where you had to quick and adaptable.   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
Belleville, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2013.

Interview Details Procter & Gamble started their university campus recruitment by hosting information sessions both in formal and informal settings. Examples of such settings would be a lecture type session and another session held at a local pub/eatery. From which, they answered a lot of questions about their values, corporate identity, what it's like to work for Procter & Gamble, the various responsibilities, and what kind of positions they are hiring for. They also handed out and displayed their vast product line at these information sessions. (NOTE: These sessions were held in late September/early October).

Approximately a month after the information sessions, the application process closed. The application process required a cover letter, resume, and online behaviour/reasoning test. Another note, P&G's hiring process is transparently explained on the careers portion of their website (even includes sample questions to the behaviour/reasoning test).

After the application process closed, applicants where contacted about whether they made it to the next stage of the hiring process. The next step involved writing an in-person behaviour/reasoning test. This test lasted an hour and had lots of questions very similar to what was done online. However, there was an added section that involved mental math skills. I personally did not finish test due to the time constraint but was still called for an interview.

The interview was held in November and was an in-person interview at the career services office for the university. The interview was scheduled for an hour where they held they called a behaviour based interview. They ask for experiences, moments, and times where I accomplished certain things. They looked for an answer in the "CAR" format. For those unfamiliar to the CAR format, it stands for Context Action Result and lots of those style of questions are found online in order to give you an idea. The interviewer was very friendly and was also accompanied with another person who wrote down my response in order to ensure everything they were looking was documented. The "scribe" was also very friendly and was engaged in the conversation.

Upon completion, they gave me time to ask any questions I had and this led to a 10 or so minute discussion about various topics that I wanted clarification with. They indicated that they would contact me back within a few weeks about whether I would go to the next round of interviews.

I was fortunately contacted and asked to arrange a time that would allow me to come down to the facility that I would potential work at. This process normally happens in December but due to some unforeseen issues, they had to push this till January. In January, I was brought down to the location, taken out to dinner, and stayed at a local hotel so that I could attend a plant visit the next day. The dinner was formal and one-on-one with the same interviewer from the first interview. Discussion surrounded P&G as a company, the responsibilities that are specific to the plant, and some main attractions of the area surrounding the plant. The plant tour started off with breakfast, leading to an in depth tour of the technology platform found at the plant. Another behaviour based (CAR) interview was held with 2 other P&G employee's who held senior positions at the plant. Lunch proceeded with my first interviewer and another employee who was hired as Technical Manager the year before. After lunch, an HR rep discussed benefits and compensation with me for about half and hour. At the end of the day, the plant manager debriefed me and asked about how I felt about this opportunity at P&G. Discussions with the plant manager wrapped up after a half-hour. Then my original interviewer drove me back to the train station.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you brought together a group of people in order to successfully accomplish a task/goal you had set in your mind.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was much higher than expected and did not need to negotiate

CBD Intern Interview

CBD Intern

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details Through campus recruitment - 1st interview and test. Then second interview at their head office.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped/mentored someone and how do you know that you actually helped?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my school and was contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview in the following week. The interview was entirely behavioural-focused and was conducted by two alumni. The interview itself was very comfortable and laid back. I was asked four or five questions that began with "Tell me about a time when..."

P&G expects (and informs you) that your answers be in the CAR (context, action, result) format and ask many follow-up questions to get all the details of the experience. I was contacted the next day and informed that I would not be continuing in the process. Regardless, the people seem to be genuinely nice and love their work and have kept in contact with me (following my initial contact after the interview).

Interview Questions

Emgineering & Manufacturing Technical Manager Interview

Emgineering & Manufacturing Technical Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details The interview was a preliminary interview on campus and was around one hour in length. Both interviewers were relatively young, having been with the company for three to four years. They had both graduated and joined the post-grad program to which I was applying, so there were no HR staff present during the interview. Both interviewers were extremely nice, happy, and personable. The interview started with a few generic questions so that they could get to know me and so that I felt more comfortable. The interviewers then went on to ask questions from a list that they had in front of them. The questions were basic behavioural questions and I was allowed to skip one if I had to, although the question still would have to be answered at the end of the interview. Overall this was one of my better interview experiences, thanks in large part to how personable the interviewers were.

Negotiation Details – This was only the preliminary interview phase

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!