Procter & Gamble

Updated 19 Nov, 2014
Updated 19 Nov, 2014

3.4

Engineering Interview

Online resume, no cover letter/transcripts required. Had a strong resume and wide variety of experiences, but probably not as competitive as a 3rd year student. Perhaps I didn't fair well on the online personality test.

Interview Questions
    • How often have your colleagues come to you for advice?   Answer Question

CMK Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It was very straight forward questions. Knowing your experience inside and out was very beneficially. They will probe you on your experience. Show your personality and be memorable. Data heavy questions so be prepared to use quantifying measures

Interview Questions
    • Please describe an time where you dealt with conflicting data.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It was done through university recruiting. Then was an interview done by Hiring Manager. Then in person reasoning test. It was really straight forward the questions and the timing was not that long.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

At the time of the application, you are invited to complete 3 IQ tests. Upon successful submission attempts, I was then invited to the office to write a final IQ test that was harder than the first. At the time of writing the final test, I suggest you get good sleep and enter into the test with a clear mind; time constraints were a major factor, so write fast! After this, my first interview was held with two people who asked purely behavioural questions. My second interview was a replication of the first, but the two interviewers went into a lot more depth and detail about my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a vision and lead a group of people to follow your vision.   Answer Question
    P&G has a standard offer they present their MBAs; very little room for negotiation.

IT Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It was done through university recruiting. Then was an interview done by HR and lastly there was a panel interview. It was really straight forward the questions and the timing was not that long.

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Applied online, then immediately took a behaviour-based test followed by a pattern recognition test. Next step is an in-person interview followed by a more in depth written test. The final phase is a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you mentored a group of people. What was one beneficial thing you told them, and what was one disadvantageous thing you told them?   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

Process took about 4 weeks
    Applied as a new grad online. You have to do an online assessment followed by a written assessment. Basic logic questions, math problems and written reasoning questions. Next is the first round interview on campus with younger people in the company. All behavioural questions (talk about a time sort of thing), pretty easy stuff. Moved on to second round interview at their Toronto office. Was taken out to lunch and received a tour of the office then had my interview with two senior members of the company. Very friendly people. Same routine as last time, but significantly more thorough, they asked several variations of the same question expecting different experiences for each one. Positive experience overall though.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you faced an issue that wasn't initially obvious. What did you do to get to the root of the problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Finane Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

It starts with a resume submission and two online tests (personality and logic). If you fail the tests, they do not consider your resume. After this, their is a first-round interview either conducted in-person, over skype, or by phone (in order of preference) and there is a second, written logic and reasoning test that is significantly more difficult than the initial round. The second-round interview is conducted in-person; they cover all transportation and accomodation expenses. If you are competitive, they will extend you an offer and give you about a week to respond.

All interviews were aboutt one hour long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with large amounts of data and make a decision based off it.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable. Start-date can be flexible (I was offered two different times).

IDS Challenge Interview

There was a reasoning test after application. After passing the test, I got an interview with two staffs in the head office, and I did another test right after the interview. The interviewers are easy going but ask very detailed about your CV. Be prepared and use CAR format!

Engineering Technical Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Process: Online application+reasoning test - written test - initial interview on campus - final interview in the plant. Suggestion for final interviews: try to used examples from different experience, projects, and activities. If you had a lot examples from techinical projects, don't forget to add a couple volunteering/extra-curricular experience - they value that a lot.
    All behavioral questions, nothing too unexpected, but you have to have a CAR structure and a lot supporting details. Some questions I could recall: 1. Tell me a time you found an untapped opportunity and use it to achieve success. 2. Tell me a time you used conflicting information/data. 3. Tell me a time you were accountable for a deadline. 4. Tell me a time you used different strategies and approaches to complete a project. 5. Tell me a time learned something new by you own. 6. Tell me a time you improved upon a process. 7. Tell me a time you were used as a resource for others. 8. Tell me a time you trained someone in your team.