Procter & Gamble

Updated 27 Jan, 2015
1,019 Interview Reviews

3.4

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

School recruiting. First around was typical behavioural questions: leadership example, give an example to show once you use your analytical skills to solve problems. Also ask for team conflicts examples.

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I had an initial first interview over the phone. Followed up with another reasoning tests and a talk with a current P&G employee. Finally, there was a final round interview over the webcam.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you've had to use a lot of data to make a decision? Give an example of when people have disagreed with you and you needed to change their mind.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Behavioral Interview, very logic-based. Leadership and teamwork skills are crucial. Just make sure you are very prepared and be confident! They are very nice people! Show your passion for the position you are applying! P&G really looks for people who are a good fit with the company!

Intern Interview

R1) written test
    R2) Face to face interview. Mostly behavioral questions asked
    R3) Less number of questions but a lot of probing for more details

The final round was conduced by Associate directors from the same function that i applied for, so there level of grilling was higher.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you analysed complex data to make a decision? Was asked twice   Answer Question

Customer Business Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview and hiring process is quite extensive. First step was to submit application, write a logical reasoning test, and a personality test. If you did well on the first, you were invited in for another test with 3 components: problem solving, comprehension, and logical reasoning. Interviews were awarded after that.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you had to take a new perspective on something and what results did it lead to?   Answer Question

CBD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Step 1 - Apply only and complete both personality and Shapes reasoning test
    Step 2 - In school reasoning test, 60 mins: Math problems, logic questions and shapes
    Step 3 - 1st round in person interview: 1 hour, 2 people interviewing you, 10 behavioural questions
    Step 4 - 2nd round in person interview: head office

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used data to come to a conclusion   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Online resume, no cover letter/transcripts required. Had a strong resume and wide variety of experiences, but probably not as competitive as a 3rd year student. Perhaps I didn't fair well on the online personality test.

Interview Questions
    • How often have your colleagues come to you for advice?   Answer Question

CMK Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

It was very straight forward questions. Knowing your experience inside and out was very beneficially. They will probe you on your experience. Show your personality and be memorable. Data heavy questions so be prepared to use quantifying measures

Interview Questions
    • Please describe an time where you dealt with conflicting data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Applied online, wrote a test on campus, did a Skype interview.

Interviewed by 2 mid level people at the company who had been there about 10 years on average. They asked pretty typical questions about times when you showed leadership, analyzed data.

They expected longer and very detailed responses to be prepared in advance for some of the questions as they sent us general question topics beforehand

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Process is three fold. Took about 2 months overall.
    1. Apply online
    2. Take Logic/Reasoning Test online
    2. If you pass the online one, take the one in person
    3. First Round Interview & if you pass, second round interview with Senior Leaders of the company

Applied online in last week of September, did the reasoning test online at the same time. Didn't hear back for a long time until October/November letting me know that I had been shortlisted for the CBD Internship. Got asked to come in and write a 60 minute, 45 question based Logic Reasoning test. Found it harder than the online one because it felt rushed and you have a lot less time as opposed to the one online.
    Test is broken into 3 segments -> Math, Paragraph Logic, Shapes (I found this the hardest)
    Passed the test, had my first round interview a couple days after

First Round took place on campus and consisted of around 7-8 questions, all behavioural questions. They tend to probe if they don't understand something the first time you answer it.
    Follow the CAR model (Context, Action & Result). Focus more on AR
    Prepare for a lot of Tell me about a time.....
    - Analyzed data
    - Dealt with conflict
    - Took initiative/did something entrepreneurial
    I made a matrix of the questions and answers and found that this really worked for me!
    Interviewers also ask questions from a sheet of paper which has the questions broken down by the 3 Success Drivers - Power of Minds, Power of People & Power of Agility
    Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Left feeling a bit confused but overall, great experience. Admirable interviewers, very welcoming and good environment!

Got shortlisted for second round too, they took me out for lunch and then had an interview with 2 senior leaders at their head office, both who had worked at P&G for 25+ years
    The Lunch was amazing, really made me feel at home and put me in a very good and comfortable mood for the interview
    The interview was a great experience! Enjoyed it even more than the first round interview. Left the interview feeling very good but at the same time a little confused. I was under the impression that they would probe more into the questions I answered in the first round but there was no correlation whatsoever. Instead, I was asked around 13-14 questions and it lasted about an hour and 20 minutes.
    Heard back within 2 business days. Didn't get the offer unfortunately because of the fact that the position I applied for didn't suit me but I was a good fit for a P&G.
    Left a bitter taste in my mouth because I was under the impression that P&G hires the person and not the position....
    When followed up for feedback, telling me that I ranked very highly and would have made the cut if I applied for a different position wasn't the best thing to hear after a rejection.

Received good feedback overall and would definitely recommend applying! Their interviews are a great learning experience!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received data from conflicting sources and found a solution or recommendation   Answer Question