Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014
Updated 16 Oct, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

One group interview, super simple behavioral questions. They did not ask much about prior experience, they just want to make sure you fit their culture and "look". They made us go and pick out an outfit also, the key is to have many layers.

It was my first retail job and I got through it no problem.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all top 10 most common behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was my first job and 8/hr seemed fine.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. I came in for a one on one interview with assistant manger who was very nice and welcoming. Asked general interview questions, nothing out of the box. She then gave me information to fill out this online survey at home right after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Handed an application in in person. Received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was in a group of 5 people. Basic questions about experience, how you would handle an unruly customer, etc.

No negotiation

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Recruited by an independent company. Had a phone interview with hiring manager followed by a phone interview with 4 others on the same call. Very hard to hear, etc with the group call but overall a good experience. Flown in for in-person and interviewed by 8 people in 1 day. Not horrible, not too tough. HR was hard to negotiate with and HR person was not very easy to work with in general. Issues with relocation and vacation. Hiring director was amazing to work with.

Revenue Flow Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2014.

Application Online. Contacted the same day I submitted the application. Little talk with the HR on the day after, then Skype interview of 2.5 hours with Director, Manager and HR. Little Excel and Access exercises with the HR.
    They also did the background check calling all my previous employers.
    Contacted after a week for the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The usual: where do you see yourself in 5 year? What will you bring to the comany? Why RL?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

The interview and hiring process and Ralph Lauren is exciting, fun, interesting, and lighthearted. I was contacted by the recruiting staff with interview details and confirmation through email, the email was professional and detailed. The recruiters were extremely helpful in answering any questions I had before the interview, which helped me to be much more at ease. When I arrived, I was kindly greeted in the lobby by the recruiter I'd spoken to, which again, made me feel welcome and comfortable. I interviewed with two members of senior management, which was nice to see that they cared about the hiring process. It was informal, short, and sweet. I couldn't get a good gage on how they felt about me upon leaving, but I was happily surprised to have been hired shortly following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • In my second interview with the senior manager, I was only asked four questions. "Why do you want to work in this department?" "Why do you want to work at Ralph Lauren?" "Why did you choose the major you chose?" "What do you hope to gain from this experience?"   View Answer
    As an intern, I did not feel it was appropriate to negotiate in any fashion.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

The interview process moved very fast. I was asked to meet with the head of talent recruitment and go over my experiences and skills. From there, he forwarded my resume to the hiring managers of the positions I best fitted. Then I was offered an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • All very straight forward, behavioral questions though this varies with who you're interviewing with.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Phone interview and screening, then 3 separate interviews with directors. Heard back 2 weeks after via email about job that I didn't get it. Interviews for the most part were situational and nothing out of the ordinary.

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2014.

I originally applied for the Shipping and receiving supervisor position at RL for the new store they were opening in Aug on 5th Ave. I received a digital interview request after one week that without any detail information. I did it and thought that was the first step for screening. After 1 week I received an email from the HR Intern that they would hold a hiring event in their Soho store. I will have the opportunity to explore more info regarding the positions open. So I went to the event and got a chance to meet with their logistic manager and HR people. The conversations were pleasant and the logistic manager even asked details like what was my ending salary from last position, so I thought I was being interviewed the position I originally applied for. After that hiring event, I received another email from HR intern that they wanted to have a final interview with me. On the email, I asked what position they will offer to me, the Intern replied there were different positions from sales associate to supervisor, the manager will decide later. So I went to the final interview and I was told only 30% of positions are full time. They wanted to assign Sales associate or cashier PT position to me since I speak other languages! The manager even said I knew you applied for the supervisor position, but I didn't see your skill set fits the position. What do you mean my skill set doesn't fit the position? I have years logistic experience and you told me I can't be a supervisor? I was totally freaked out even tho I didn't say anything in front of those managers! The experience was horrible as I felt RL wasted my time! After talking to my friends who applied for jobs at RL, they said they had very similar experience as well. Until now, I didn't receive a word from RL regarding the hiring process maybe they have sensed I wouldn't take their PT position. However, I feel I deserve at least an email to notify the status no matter what. RL is the company for fresh grads who are seeking for a PT job in retail to make money. Otherwise, avoid them.

Associate Merchandiser Interview

A lot of questions about the brand and what I know about it, and if I had tried on the product. As well as my work history and my general life history. Questions about systems and if I was proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.