Planned Parenthood

Updated 21 Jan, 2015
Updated 21 Jan, 2015

2.6

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Accepts application (may drop off at clinic), phone interview with Center Manager, followed by 1 or 2 oral interviews with Center Manger, flow manager, Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner. FBI check and professional references will be checked.

Interview Questions
    • In reference to the essential functions of this position briefly share your work related experience. What challenges did you face that caused you great frustration? How did you handle them?   Answer Question
    salary slightly negotiable

Clinical Laboratory Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Had an interview and was told that they would keep my resume on file, then about a month later I got a call to come in for a second interview and got the job offer a day later.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions- I did not have any that were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation- Planned Parenthood receives funding so you cannot negotiate on the hourly wage for the Clinical Assistant position.

Staff RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Applied online- called back two days later for a brief phone interview (10 minutes). I was asked if I was familiar with PP and how I felt about abortion. My info was forwarded and I was called in for a 2 person panel interview which lasted 30 minutes. They were very kind and I felt comfortable! They asked "strengths/weakness", "how do you feel about protesters" how do you feel about abortions?, are you ok with stocking the back room, seeing up to 90 patients a day, and doing the call triaging? After the interview I had a 3rd phone interview.

Health Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Applied about a week before I was called in for a face to face interview. Interviewed with the manager and assistant manager who were both great and down to earth. Waiting to see if I get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • common interview questions. Tell us about a time when.....   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in December 2014.

Process took about a month. On 12/15 I was called for a phone interview, same day I was scheduled a interview with HR, couple days later I attended the interview. HR kept in contact with me over the days. I was asked for copies of my certifications, BLS, and high school diploma. Then was called again for 2 professional references. After that I received my background check over the mail. Couple days later I was asked for the most recent paycheck stub, weird right? But they just want to confirm my pay since I was employed. Days later u got a call to offer me the position, in that call they let you know what your pay with be. I was satisfied! I start this week, wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because I was satisfied with my salary, and there's is always room to grow within the company. There is different levels of medical assistants so you keep getting raises

EPM Project Manager and Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

My initial interview was over the phone, very scripted screening questions to make sure I knew what Planned Parenthood is all about. I met the hiring manager in person for an hour conversation first, then spent another 20 minutes or so speaking with the VP of the hiring department. Passing that, I had to complete background clearance checks and a personality/ work ethic survey. Once the results were back from that I returned to meet the rest of the team. It was very informal - the team can ask any questions they'd like of the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected element was the extreme informality of the large group interview - questions were very casual and only some of them only somewhat business related.   Answer Question
    This was during the early recession, and before I knew what a 'negotiation phase' was.

Center Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Liked interviewing when I did. Heard It is much different now. After a phone screen, I interviewed with my boss, it went well. My new co-workers go thru multiple interviews. New people are told you can not negotiate salary but you can. I think a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was easy but some new co-workers report they are asked about hypothetical occurrences and pushed for answer "Well, WHAT WOUD YOU DO?" "ARE YOU SURE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS?"   View Answer

I negotiated and was happy New staff are told up front "You can't negotiate" but my biss says you can. they are told to say that.

Community Education Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I applied for the Community Education Manager position on a Thursday and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. HR sends you a application and a background check release form. The initial interview is on the phone and they asked about my work history, work style, strengths and why I wanted to work for Planned Parenthoo.

Insurance Biller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

One interview. Two managers interviewed me during the same time. Professional. Applied on--line. Response was via telephone. About a week time frame. I originally applied as a volunteer. Then shortly after I applied for a position with the company. They enjoy hiring from within, which makes since.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were general. Why do you want to work for our org...etc   Answer Question
    It was part-time with no negotiation. Set price (non- profit)

Community Outreach Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2014.

Submitted online application, was called a few days later to set up a phone interview. My potential supervisor was very clear on what to expect throughout the process, including timeline and the kind of phone conversation I could expect. Interview was exactly what I expected and felt very comfortable. Still have not heard back, do not expect in person interview