Planned Parenthood

Updated 29 Oct, 2014
Updated 29 Oct, 2014

2.6

EPM Project Manager and Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

My initial interview was over the phone, very scripted screening questions to make sure I knew what Planned Parenthood is all about. I met the hiring manager in person for an hour conversation first, then spent another 20 minutes or so speaking with the VP of the hiring department. Passing that, I had to complete background clearance checks and a personality/ work ethic survey. Once the results were back from that I returned to meet the rest of the team. It was very informal - the team can ask any questions they'd like of the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The only unexpected element was the extreme informality of the large group interview - questions were very casual and only some of them only somewhat business related.   Answer Question
    This was during the early recession, and before I knew what a 'negotiation phase' was.

Center Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Liked interviewing when I did. Heard It is much different now. After a phone screen, I interviewed with my boss, it went well. My new co-workers go thru multiple interviews. New people are told you can not negotiate salary but you can. I think a lot has changed in the last 5 years.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was easy but some new co-workers report they are asked about hypothetical occurrences and pushed for answer "Well, WHAT WOUD YOU DO?" "ARE YOU SURE YOU NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS?"   View Answer

I negotiated and was happy New staff are told up front "You can't negotiate" but my biss says you can. they are told to say that.

Community Education Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I applied for the Community Education Manager position on a Thursday and got a phone call to set up an interview the next day. HR sends you a application and a background check release form. The initial interview is on the phone and they asked about my work history, work style, strengths and why I wanted to work for Planned Parenthoo.

Insurance Biller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

One interview. Two managers interviewed me during the same time. Professional. Applied on--line. Response was via telephone. About a week time frame. I originally applied as a volunteer. Then shortly after I applied for a position with the company. They enjoy hiring from within, which makes since.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were general. Why do you want to work for our org...etc   Answer Question
    It was part-time with no negotiation. Set price (non- profit)

Community Outreach Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2014.

Submitted online application, was called a few days later to set up a phone interview. My potential supervisor was very clear on what to expect throughout the process, including timeline and the kind of phone conversation I could expect. Interview was exactly what I expected and felt very comfortable. Still have not heard back, do not expect in person interview

Support Associate/Patient Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in August 2014.

Applied online 8/15/14 (Friday night) - got an email Monday morning (8/18/14) asking me for a phone interview.

Phone interview 8/21/14 - very casual and conversational. They want to feel you out and make sure you support women's reproductive rights abnd are pro-choice. Interview lasted about 10 mins, and at the end of the phonecall I was asked to come for an in-person interview the following week (8/26/14).

First In-Person Interview
    Relaxed and Casual. The first part of the interview was spent going over and being tested on the computer system (about 45 mins), then the clinic director came in and spent about 10 mins asking about my experience and goals. Was called the next day and asked to come for second interview 2 days later.

Second In-Person Interview
    Interview 8/29/14. This was a meeting with the rest of the staff, very informal and chatted about my experience. This was a Friday - it was a holiday the following Monday, so they called me on the Tuesday (9/2/14) and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask how you feel about abortion - there is no point applying to this organisation if you're pro-life. They will want to know about your experiences, and your plans for the future.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was originally told that salary was $11.50 per hour - when they offrered the job they told me that they would start me on $11.75, going up to $12.25 after training.

Heath Center Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

They hire fast, and really take what they can get in a pinch. They prefer that you have a bachelor's degree but high school diploma or GED is all you really need.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know that you support Planned Parenthood's mission. Your religious views are not going to be scrutinized but if you have any personal conflicts with the position then please don't even bother applying, it'll save both parties a lot of time and stress.   Answer Question
    They told me how much they could pay me and there was little negotiating on that number.

Field Organizer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Was emailed to set up a phone interview two weeks after applying online. Interview was relatively simple, with basic questions about what I was looking for in the position, my relevant experience, etc. Lasted about twenty minutes in total, and I was told that they would let me know about in-person interviews the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What are your professional goals in the next year, as well as in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2014.

I applied online for an RN position on April 24th. On May 5th, I received an email from a employee recruiter asking to set up a telephone interview. The following day I spoke with her for about 10 minutes. She asked me about why I wanted to work at PP and other questions about my comfort levels about working at an abortion clinic. I was very excited to be given the opportunity for a phone interview so I was sure express my excitement and gratitude to the woman I phone interviewed with. She told me I sounded like I would be a great fit for the team and told me she would pass on my information to the hiring manager at the clinic and that I should expect a call from her in the next few days. The following Tuesday I heard from the nurse manager and went in for a face to face interview the next day.

The in person interview was perfect, we talked for over two hours about many things and I walked away feeling like this was literally the perfect job for me. I filled out a paper application and a background check and then scheduled a time to come in for a day of shadowing at the clinic. Two days later I spent the day with the team observing and talking to the staff members. At the end of the day the manger asked me how I felt about the shadowing experience and I told her I felt like it was the place I was supposed to be in. She told me she was going to submit my background check and be in touch with me soon.

About two weeks later I took my NCLEX and I called the manager as soon as I found out I had passed and she told me they would begin to prepare an offer for me. A few days later I got my offer and it was everything I needed and more.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with LPNs and other stuff members who have less education than you, but who have more experience and are having a difficult time being delegated to?   View Answer

Health Care Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planned Parenthood.

I applied online and got a phone response within a week. The response was a phone interview, which consisted of basic interview questions (what motivates you, what are your strengths, etc.). This was followed by an in-person interview with the Health Center Manager a week later, which consisted of mostly behavioral questions and was very relaxed.