Pitney Bowes Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

One telephonic interview was easy one for me and I was called for second round.

Inside Sales Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2013.

Submitted resume for review. Within three days I was emailed by a representative that I was to be interviewed within the week by Pitney Bowes. The interview took place on my school campus in a board room and was proctored by three different people: a department supervisor, a recruiter, and the site manager.
    First questions were all related to my personal resume and for further understanding and drill down of my responses.
    The questions that followed related to the job and its requirements as well as inquiries into how I saw myself fulfilling the needs of the position.
    After questioning I was surprised that the manager began to open up very candidly about the coming changes and possible bumps in the road I would sense during training and after being hired on.
    Once we all discussed the new face of the company, they began explaining the compensation and what to expect in terms of culture and experience.
    Overall I truly enjoyed their natural and non threatening approach to interviewing and felt more confidant about the company after meeting three upper-level employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about organizational change? We are having an identity change and things will be messy!   View Answer
    There was no need to negotiate. The benefits and compensation was well beyond what I wanted or needed. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

It was a 30-45 minute long interview, where the first part of it was mostly your standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Then the second half was a few technical questions, nothing entirely difficult, just some basic analog and digital electronics questions and a little design question.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

* HR will let you wait at the reception for the whole day for 1-2 rounds.
    * No communication afterwards for couple of months.
    * Good negotiation if you get selected.

Presorteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bensalem, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Just basic questions about understanding of United Postal Services business, mailing, stamps, etc

No, negotiation

Advisory QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

1 written
    2 technical
    1 mgmt
    + HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • test cases for frying Pan
      test harness automation gramework
        Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shelton, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

I got a referral. Brief and unremarkable phone interview followed by an on site presentation I was asked to make. They were almost too impressed with the technological aspects of my presentation which were hardly remarkable and not really the point of the presentation.
    Over 2 months passed between interview (beginning of August) and offer (mid October). Offer included a start date over 3 months later (last day of January.)

Interview Questions
    • What would you physically need to reproduce your presented work. At first I thought that this was the 'trick question' to verify that I had actually done the work when in fact they had no understanding of it (the process or technology.)   View Answer
    The offer seemed ideal as I thought what a great way to start. Sadly, changes in mgmt over the next year killed both enthusiasm for the work and the desire for a truly creative outcome.

Product Support Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2009.

Involved on interview by HR and 2 technical interviews involving a manager and several senior engineers.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career goals, "don't answer by saying advance to management"   View Answer
    took the second offer

Systems Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2009.

Supervisor called me in, showed me around, told me about the position, and made me an offer within an hour.

Interview Questions
    • None. However, it was made very clear that the position required complete flexibility regarding shift and weekend work.   Answer Question
    They do not allow negotiation.

Quality Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

1 Written , 2 Technical,1 HR and 1 manger round