Pitney Bowes

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2012.

Interview Details There were 2 rounds. First was technical round that was based on their technical requirement and second was HR round.

Interview Question – Question on my technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Delhi (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2011.

Interview Details Tough technical interview
More that 2 rounds

Interview Questions

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly simple. The phone interview consisted of a generic HR questions.
The 1:1 consisted of a blend of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe your prior work experience?   View Answer

Manager Software Development Interview

Manager Software Development

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2012.

Interview Details I had a phone interview where VP of Technology in Mail Services in Dec, then face to face in Jan when I spoke with 5 people in one day and then I still have another round with 2 more people. The interview was not that tough. Basically they give you scenarios of how you manage a project and how do you get past issues and conflicts when leading multiple projects in a AGILE environment. This group was really the PSI group (presort mail) and the the executive team was very nice to talk to. They also test your technical skills on Microsoft because they expect this position to architect (no hands coding though) and give direction to their developers.

Interview Questions

• Assume you are leading a project and your best developers are arguing about an approach, how do you solve the conflict and get them to work as a team?   Answer Question
  • Assume the business approaches you with a big project, how do you go about doing it? State your methodology and the process by which you will collect information   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Lanham, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2009.

Interview Details The interview was fairly straight forward. I was contacted by an HR person at Pitney Bowes and after talking to that person over the phone. I met my prospective manager for a 1:1 interview and had a good feeling about things.

My interview with the prospective manager lasted 90 minutes when it was initially scheduled for only 30. The prospective manager and I had an immediate connection and I was offered the job a few days following the interview.

Negotiation Details – Pitney Bowes was not able to meet my salary requirements and in lieu of a higher salary, PB offered other benefits which I accepted.

Warehouse Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in June 2010.

Interview Details work experience
background
what you know about the company

Interview Question – job experience   Answer Question

Pre Sales Support Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2010.

Interview Details Most PB interviews happen within a group or panel of people. Roll playing is often part of the interview process. PB is still a “Customer First” company. So if you take care of the customer, your answer is correct. PB will want to know your current qualifications and they love certifications.

Interview Question – How would you offer support on a PreSales appointment. What tools would you use during this process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Negotiating Process is based upon need and proven past experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Waltham, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2010.

Interview Details Standard initial phone interview which then led to in-person meetings. The in-person consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, other team members and also group interview to provide breakdown and analysis of the case studies. Expect to complete 2-3 case studies during the in-person sitting. Process can be laborious and the company looks to get as much feedback about their current services and products as they can out of candidates. It's somewhat of a fishing expedition.

Interview Question – Candidates were given spreadsheets with financials on different business lines and then asked to prioritize which line of business to focus on and which to cut.   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2011.

Interview Details After the initial phone interview I was asked to meet three individuals from the company, at my arrival in a large but empty office space! I met with two individuals, one from HR and other I assume sales since he did not specify his function.
The interview was very simple and easy, basic questions about resume, back ground, skills, etc......The HR individual seemed satisfied and started talking about benefits, hiring time and precedures...Then I was asked if I had any questions; to which I replied by pointing out falling sales and company performance in general, my questions were more an inquiry to better underestand what the weak points are and how as a sales person I should address them, by no means sarcastic or offensive.
Instead of addressing any of my questions the assumed sales manager ended the meeting, stood up and thanked me for coming!!!
I assume that the interview was a reflection of a corporate culture that demands a "put up and shut up attitude".

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in February 2011.

Interview Details HR Generalist contacted me over the phone regarding the position about a month and a half after I applied. She set up an interview with her and the hiring manager. The hiring manager hadn't reviewed my resume and called me by the wrong name initially. The interview questions did not seem very structured and it turned more into a conversation than an interview. After I interviewed they said they would follow-up and have me talk to the general manager. The HR Generalist called a week later and wanted me to return, but clarified the pay and it was half of what I told her I would accept in the initial interview. She should have asked me for my pay range (which I also provided in the online application) during the phone screen before we spent in a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to communicate changes to a group of people.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pitney Bowes