Pitney Bowes

Very Easy Interview

Presorteer Interview

Presorteer
Bensalem, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Interview Details Just basic questions about understanding of United Postal Services business, mailing, stamps, etc

Interview Question – about past experience as in mailing room   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation

Advisory QA Software Engineer Interview

Advisory QA Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details 1 written

Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer
Shelton, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details I got a referral. Brief and unremarkable phone interview followed by an on site presentation I was asked to make. They were almost too impressed with the technological aspects of my presentation which were hardly remarkable and not really the point of the presentation.
Over 2 months passed between interview (beginning of August) and offer (mid October). Offer included a start date over 3 months later (last day of January.)

Interview Question – What would you physically need to reproduce your presented work. At first I thought that this was the 'trick question' to verify that I had actually done the work when in fact they had no understanding of it (the process or technology.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer seemed ideal as I thought what a great way to start. Sadly, changes in mgmt over the next year killed both enthusiasm for the work and the desire for a truly creative outcome.

Product Support Engineer Interview

Product Support Engineer

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2009.

Interview Details Involved on interview by HR and 2 technical interviews involving a manager and several senior engineers.

Interview Question – What are your career goals, "don't answer by saying advance to management"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – took the second offer

Systems Customer Service Representative Interview

Systems Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2009.

Interview Details Supervisor called me in, showed me around, told me about the position, and made me an offer within an hour.

Interview Question – None. However, it was made very clear that the position required complete flexibility regarding shift and weekend work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not allow negotiation.

Quality Interview

Quality

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details 1 Written , 2 Technical,1 HR and 1 manger round

Interview Question – Puzzle   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and received a phone call about two months later to set up an interview I interviewed with the talent manager. The interview was fairly easy. It didnt seem like they were really prying. More of a conversational interview. I was told that decisions will be made by the end of the week about the position and the prospective employee would be starting 1/1/2013. Of course, I never heard back from them. I called and emailed but to no avail. I'd rather them just honor their word as far as getting back to me.

Interview Question – Nothing really hard.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Stamford, CT (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2012.

Interview Details I was invited back multiple times and interviewed by my VP, the chief officer of my function, my VP's peers and other business leaders. It was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Lots of emphasis on HOW I accomplished what I did, not just what I accomplished. I was given quick feedback and strong encouragement throughout a somewhat long process. I, however, was not actively looking so a longer process was actually very welcome.

Interview Question – Why leave (a very successful Fortune 100 company) for Pitney Bowes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they provided a strong, fair offer upfront.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Pitney Bowes

Interview Details It was straight forward and basic. I had to met with 3 different people, the hiring manager, another manager and then a peer.

Interview Question – What is your best closing statement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was this is the offer that everyone gets in the position.

Product Support Interview

Product Support

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details Applied online. Received a phone interview which was fairly benign. Had an interview with the department supervisor, in which he discussed my qualifications and skills, as well as my goals for the future. It was a fairly thorough interview, from my perspective. Asked how I felt I could contribute to this company, and why I should be selected from the myriad of applicants.

Interview Question – Mostly just questions about how I had handled situations in the past, or how i would handle theoretical situations. Nothing terribly difficult.   Answer Question