Pitney Bowes Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr, 2015
Updated 10 Apr, 2015

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Pretty involved, more from the perspective of the number of rounds and persons that were involved in the interview process, rather than the depth of the interviews themselves. I believe it was 7-10 persons, with a mix of in-person and telephone interviews with people from different areas of the business. The interviews themselves were pretty standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and work here at Pitney Bowes?   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Ajax, ON).

Interview

Great interview, one manager took questions of the internet, CLEARLY and asked them like they had never been said before. Hiring was smooth and all things set up within the first month to get rolling.

Interview Questions

• What type of car are you and why? Seriously...........   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward and set in stone.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Met with a series of management team members and staff throughout the interview process. Unfortunately, all interviews took place in a meeting room separate from the offices so it was difficult to get an idea of the pace and energy of the company.

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated start date, vacation, salary and bonus guarantee for the first year.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an interview with the Director of Sales and a Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Calgary, AB) in February 2009.

Interview

3 interviews in total...normal sales history questions and situational selling questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

only one plan available for my level

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

Applied online. recruiter scheduled interview with HR. No response after interview, except requesting for technical information post interview.. Seems, HR learns from you through hiring questions... ethical

This is the experience for 2nd time.. no courtesy on the interview feedback...

Major Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews over a weeks time. Both lasted about an hour each. I met at their hub in Atlanta off Glenridge, no office staff there, just a satellite office with all the equipment there.
     They did not press me on past jobs or grill me about tenure or responsibilities. They were most concerned that I had Salesforce.com experience which I did. They talked a lot about the company and some of the issues of a big corporate company. Did not paint an inviting picture. Even if they have 75% of the market share and are offering base salaries from $55k to $65k it might be an unpleasant place to work.
    They promised me a decision or call back in 2-3 days but of course blew me off and did not respond but in 10 days with only the "we are still interviewing".
    Finally after following up with them each week I was rejected with "we have decided to move in a different direction." What does that mean? I began to dislike them almost immediately because of the way I was ignored. If you are not interested, fine but don't make me wait 4 weeks to find out.
    It paints a very grim picture to me of how they do business if you are going to treat their interviewees with so little respect.
    I cannot recall any specific questions, they talked a lot about themselves. Does that tell you anything?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about cold calling, how you manage a pipeline? How do you use Salesforce?   Answer Question

Tranpsortation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Corona, CA (US)).

Interview

Resume and application submitted online. I received a call from recruiter requesting a date and time for phone interview with the recruiter. I interviewed with the recruiter for approximately 30 minutes via phone. The recruiter contacted me requesting an interview at the site with hiring manager, operations manager and regional operations manager. I attended the on site interview with the above mentioned personnel. The interview included a facility tour.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question. " What do you think of authority?" I have never been asked this question in an interview before. I am either naïve or I have never questioned authority before   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Danbury, CT (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was submitted via a recruiter. I was told it I would be interviewed by the hiring manager. It turned out to be the hiring manager x 5, This process took one hour. I was then had a separate interview by another manager. I asked for water but I was told there were no cups around! Half way through the next hour, (still no water) another manager came in and began hammering questions at me. His manner was terse and no one I would ever work with. He began asking questions that i did not have answers to and continued to berate me. I just shut down at this point. I knew I would never work with characters like this.

They need to overhaul their hiring practices and its 2015, get some bottled water.

Interview Questions

• Typical IT questions, but presented in a way to try to find fault with you rather than to discover what you know and how you can bring your individual talents to the organization.   Answer Question

COPY OPERATOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview

On line application then Phone call assessment, email starting location and date.
    As I was already an expert for the position applied for everything went smoothly.
    Most companies are very fortunate to be able to employ a worker of my caliber.

Interview Questions

• were do you see yourself in ten years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly rate.