Philips Electronics Interview Questions

Updated 14 Feb, 2015
Updated 14 Feb, 2015

2.9

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Interview

it's a school co-op interview. the interview was hold in co-op office. the interviewer ask many questions about marketing concept and how to apply these concepts to real work. She specifically asked about creativity and innovation in marketing work environment and many behavioural questions like your biggest strength and weakness.

Interview Questions

• what's the most creative activity you did in your former job.   Answer Question

Personal Response Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Montreal, QC) in March 2013.

Interview

1st was a phone interview with the recruiter and then came the group interview with three of their management staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was fixed, no negotiating it.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Markham, ON) in March 2013.

Interview

2 Sales Managers and 2 Marketing Managers interviewed me. All the questions were behavioural and about what you're passionate in. The interview lasted 30 minutes. Prepare to answer questions that demonstrate that you're reliable and self-starter.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Vancouver, BC) in June 2009.

Interview

Well, it is very hard and be well prepared. REALLY, know the normal quetions about " tell me about yourself,
    why you want to work for us? what make you a best candidate? Strength& weakness? Past experience?
    kind of such stuff. I didn't get into it, so guys, good luck.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Written + 2 Tech + 1 HR
    Written round was simple. Basic aptitude (quantitative and logical)+ technical. Interview was more job specific. One guy was testing my programming logic and subject knowledge and the second guy was testing whether I am fit for the post they offer. Both of them went through my resume. So if u r not confident abt anything then better don't write that in ur resume.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2014.

Interview

3 Rounds, Aptitude Test, GD and Personal Interview. Aptitude test had a technical portion too. It was quick and efficient process overall. Interview was taken by a panel of 2, really modest people.

Interview Questions

• It was a smooth ride. We talked about my internship and my experience as a member of my Hostel Executive Committee.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions

• Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Philips Electronics (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a call from consultancy. On interview date went to venu, around 50 people were there. After around one and half hour, got call for interview. Questions were standard. Could not solve 1st problem rest answered, but still could not get through 1st round.

Interview Questions

• Create class like BigInteger in java to solve addition problem between two very big strings.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

Interview

- I was called for the Sr. Tech Lead Big Data. But i was a Sr.QA engineer with the knowledge of Big Data . So there was a difference in the interviewing patterns

1st Round : There was a general interview round with lot of Big Data stuff. Tough i was not involved in the Map Reduce phase . I was asked about following things :
    - Partitioner
    - Combiner
    - Input Split
    - How do you test your code before pushing it to production ?
    - What is the cluster size
    - Sort and shuffle phase?

Interview Questions

• There was a mismatch between the interviewer JD and Interview ?
      The interviewer follows up with you religiously till you take up the interview, but there is no response about the same to the candidates about the result. It shows , how unorganised the process was.
      You will have to follow up with the HR for further details.

Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

Two round of interview. First round is telephone interview, which is just normal behavior questions. No unexpected questions. The second round is on-site interview. The interviewer is very nice, and talks a lot about the responsibilities of the position. Overall, I think the company working atmosphere is really good. It is definitely a good place to work for.