Philips Electronics

Updated 16 Nov, 2014
Updated 16 Nov, 2014

2.8

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Philips Electronics.

it's a school co-op interview. the interview was hold in co-op office. the interviewer ask many questions about marketing concept and how to apply these concepts to real work. She specifically asked about creativity and innovation in marketing work environment and many behavioural questions like your biggest strength and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • what's the most creative activity you did in your former job.   Answer Question

Personal Response Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in March 2013.

1st was a phone interview with the recruiter and then came the group interview with three of their management staff.

Interview Questions
    Salary was fixed, no negotiating it.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in March 2013.

2 Sales Managers and 2 Marketing Managers interviewed me. All the questions were behavioural and about what you're passionate in. The interview lasted 30 minutes. Prepare to answer questions that demonstrate that you're reliable and self-starter.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in June 2009.

Well, it is very hard and be well prepared. REALLY, know the normal quetions about " tell me about yourself,
    why you want to work for us? what make you a best candidate? Strength& weakness? Past experience?
    kind of such stuff. I didn't get into it, so guys, good luck.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

Got a call from consultancy. On interview date went to venu, around 50 people were there. After around one and half hour, got call for interview. Questions were standard. Could not solve 1st problem rest answered, but still could not get through 1st round.

Interview Questions
    • Create class like BigInteger in java to solve addition problem between two very big strings.   View Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Two round of interview. First round is telephone interview, which is just normal behavior questions. No unexpected questions. The second round is on-site interview. The interviewer is very nice, and talks a lot about the responsibilities of the position. Overall, I think the company working atmosphere is really good. It is definitely a good place to work for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

Philips visited our campus for recruitment in September,2014and offered a package of 6 lpa
    1) Technical & Aptitude Test:- On the first day we had the technical and aptitude test round which was organised by aspiring minds. It was a good test which tested our concepts on programming basics & a bit on OOP.

Next day they first had a presentation session for all the students.After that they gave the results of the previous day's test and the shorlisted students were selected for the further rounds.

2) Technical Interview
    3) HR Interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

There was an initial test followed by short listing candidates. Then there were two rounds - one technical and one HR. They basically look for good technical skills. HR is just a formality. So if you do well in tech, there is high probability that you get selected.

In the tech, they asked for my project and the part I played in it. Also, there were questions about linux and basic programming. Since I have written about web development in my resume, there were questions about web programming too. They basically expect you to own your work, so you should be able to specify you roles in the projects you have done and also, you should try to present any innovation you have done, since it will bring you bonus points.

Also, dedication to the work and owning your work is given high priority, You can get in even if you have medium coding skills, but have an analytic mind persistent effort and willingness to study. All this will be evaluated in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about linux and its very specific commands. Since I was very well versed with linux, I was able to answer them.   Answer Question

Fianance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Founded by a headhunter, have 1 interview with the manager, 1 inerview with HR, standar questions, the culture in the company is pretty good, but I think some areas are overworked...the people are bright and positive despite the stress of the restructuring...I thin that covers it

Interview Questions
    • they care about how you handle a multicultural enviroinment   View Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Electronics in August 2014.

First interview with a recruiter. Most questions about your resume and just a couple of your personality, nothing special. Second and last interview with manager and one of his associates. Questions get thougher and are more inline with the practical everyday demands of the job (how do you prioritize? How do you structure? How do you deal with uncertainty? What kind of environment do you prefer to work in?)

Interview Questions
    • A description is given of three issues that come in at approximately the same time and all are said to have high priority (don't know the 3 specific issues anymore). But you are asked how you will tackle this problem and prioritize these 3 issues in order which you are going to take action upon them and why you decided for that specific order.   Answer Question