PepsiCo Interview Questions

Updated 27 Apr, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo (Mississauga, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

A few days after the posting closed, a recruiter emailed me requesting a phone screen interview. I had the phone screen interview, which was more like a casual conversation. The recruiter was fun to talk to and seemed pretty knowledgeable about the position. I was shortly then offered a virtual webcam interview (I was an out-of-town candidate). The webcam interview was with two hiring managers, who were also quite enjoyable to talk to. Again, this was more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• (1) What are your top 3 strengths? What is an area you are trying to improve on?
      (2) Tell me about...(asked some specific questions about my education and certain previous, relevant work duties).
      (3) What do you think will be most challenging with this role?
      (4) Why do you want to work for PepsiCo (i.e., what do you know about the company)? Why this role?
      (5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PepsiCo (Toronto, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to an online posting through an online job board- just had to submit my CV, no cover letter required. I received an email from HR approximately a week later, to schedule a phone interview. It was basically all behavioural, and a discussion of my past experiences, and a detailed job description, a little bit about PepsiCo. Very friendly phone call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself? Tell me about your past experiences? Why PepsiCo? Why this role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2015.

Interview

2 brand managers interviewed me through skype for first round
    one was an alumni at my school and started off the interview asking about my exchange process.
    quite a formal process as interview followed a script

Interview Questions

• why pepsi?
      if sales were dropping in january what would you do?
      what is your favourite marketing campaign?

Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Applied online via search engine. Had phone interview then in person interview. Had to do a multiple choice personality test then a ride along with an existing rep then a physical test. Overall quite straightforward, no surprises throughout. This position is in South-Central Alberta so they needed to hire asap but were also apprehensive about reps quitting shortly after signing up, so they chose to make everything about the job as transparent as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call after one week of sending my resume. Human resources employee contacted me. The interview was by phone and started a little late of the hour we agreed. It was really hard because you can’t see the interviewer face and expressions, but he was nice and willing to repeat if I didn’t understand something.

I got other one

Interview

Standard behavioural questions, nothing too fancy.
    They followed up with me and kept me up to date, that was really really nice of them to do.
    Interviewed for both bottling and foods on the same day, back to back.
    Focus on leadership and experiences of time management, I think they look for soft skills more and do the training themselves.

Interview Questions

• if i had a large customer and a smaller customer pining for my attention in handling their orders, how would i deal with it?   Answer Question

Marketing Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Direct face to face interview. Most of the questions are unexpected, since they ask me about my understanding of data and marketing. After all, it is still a normal behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite campaign(not Pepsico)   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

Four stage, it was a very simple process. Nothing different than what you would expect from a large company. Pretty straight forward. I wouldnt bother doing it thou. Never take a job with Pepsi unless you are just looking for a hole to go and die in.

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I applied though e-mailing HR directly. They took interest in my application in which case they called me to schedule an interview but also asked me some initial screening questions such as why do you wanna work for pepsi? and other tell me about a time situations... (ie. conflict with management how you dealt with it). After this I was forwarded to speak with the territory sales manager for a region and then the unit sales manager. Every was really nice and comfortable to speak with, a little unorganized though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who has a different work pattern than yourself, explain how you handled this situation and what you learned.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and only got a call a month later. We arranged an interview about a week later. I felt at ease while being interviewed, but the questions were all alike. It was hard not to repeat yourself over again. It was a one on one interview. They told me I would hear from them within the next week even if I didn't get the job and its been a month and still nothing.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell your product to a customer so he refers it to other business contacts?   Answer Question