Pepperidge Farm

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.8

Category Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

Initial phone screen with hiring manager discussing my background, qualifications, the role and the company. Followed the next week by in person interviews with the hiring manager and 2 additional team members in a one day, 3 hour process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard behavioral questions for the role. Most unexpected (and, in my opinion, most inappropriate) questions "What did your father do for a living?" followed by "and what about mom?"   View Answers (2)

Sales and Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

I applied through my colleges recruiting site by submitted my resume and then got a notification that I received an interview. I picked my interview spot and then just waited for the day to come. I had to dress business professional. I walked into the room and he handed me a bag of assorted Goldfish and Milano cookies. From there he just asked me about 5 or 6 questions and that was it!

DSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Pepperidge Farm.

very professional process. Pleased with the interviewers and their questions. Basic interview questions. After they asked me questions, they allowed me to ask questions and they spent awhile answering my questions which certainly was appreciative. Great process, hope to hear from them regarding the DSM position.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected but the question, tell me about the time and how you handled an irate customer. Situation, action, and result.   Answer Question

Business Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pepperidge Farm in March 2014.

I applied to this internship through my colleges job listings site. I was initially contacted by phone and a phone interview was set up. During the phone interview I was given an overview of the position and asked a few generic interview questions. I was then told that Pepperidge Farm would like to invite me to an on-campus interview. During the on-campus interview I was given a problem and asked to write down step-by-step the process I would go through to solve the problem. The problem was to plan a friends birthday party with a number of given constraints. I was then asked a bunch of "What would you do...." and "How would you handle..." questions. Following this interview,I was invited to a team interview at Pepperidge Farm HQ. This part of the interview was more of a formality and meet and greet to ensure that I fit in with everyone.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate a wage increase. They insisted that my wage was competititve.

Weekend Sanitation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, PA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pepperidge Farm in October 2012.

I went through the careerlink office in Lancaster City for the application. The interview was like any other normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • I'm sorry but I am unable to remember the question I was asked during the interview. I suppose I might say that they would ask you about a difficult decision you were faced with and how you handled that decision.   View Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pepperidge Farm in November 2011.

Fairly standard cpg marketing interview questions. Came in for a LONG panel interview day. Met with 7 people for an hour each. Spoke with the a range of people: new products, category managers, brand managers, brand directors, and people currently at the associate level. Overall it was a positive experience, however one director was condescending regarding my choice of business school and due to the fact that I did not have "traditional" (ie kraft, p&g, etc.) cpg experience. In the end they said I was not selected because I did not have product commercialization experience and they had no interest in training me. I suppose they could have saved the $3K they spent on my travel and accommodation (not to mention our time), by simply reading my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you commercialized a product.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pepperidge Farm in November 2011.

Manager brought me back on the spot and gave me a very detailed rundown of what I could expect with the job. I appreciated the fact that they were so straightforward and not transparent in any way/shape/or form about what the job would entail.

Interview Questions
    • With my previous job history what made me want to apply for this job?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, was pleased to receive an offer and immediately knew this was the place I not only wanted to be but to grow.

Distributor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pepperidge Farm in April 2010.

Purchase the business franchise. You meet with the district manager to show your stuff. You go over the accounts in the territory, speak about volume, price, all the ins and outs of the business. He will explain the terms of the deal once you close on the franchise, he will spend a couple of weeks training you.

Interview Questions
    • Not many questions other than having money, experience, and look presentable   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Pepperidge Farm in March 2009.

District manager sat one on one with me and described the duties of the job. He then had me service accounts with him for 2 days with no pay. Our decisions on employment were made by our experiences while working the accounts.