Penske

Updated 7 Nov, 2014
Updated 7 Nov, 2014

2.7

Truck Driver - Yard Switcher/Yard Jockey Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Penske in September 2014.

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter who discussed the position and answered my questions, scheduled for an interview and road test, sent for a drug screen, and basically went to work.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, just given an outline of the position and the pay.

Information Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske in September 2014.

spent time on the phone ( phone screening ) , then scheduled an interview,, very professional, we went over job description , i was asked how i would handle diagnosing and repairs for specific vehicles . Interview lasted just over an hour and a half. we discussed benefit options pay scale and how the penske operation works with regard to repairs.

Mateial Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Penske.

Interview was pretty simple. They asked straight questions did not try and drill you. The Interviewers were not very thorough as far as what the job entailed and what your working schedule would be, but everything worked out for the best.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Penske in June 2014.

I went to the interview. As soon as I stepped in there was no one at the front desk. However, I heard lots of chatter and laughing coming from the background. "Hello?" "Hello?" Still no reply after 10 minutes I walk in the back where the employees are and someone helps me. I go into my interview everything seemed to go pretty well. The interviewer talked about the position for 30 minutes and I was never asked any questions about myself. At the end he asked me did I have questions. I thought of 3 all of which he said were good questions! He gave me his business card and told me to go to the location where I would be working, 40 minutes from the interviewing site. I was instructed to observe the site for 30 minutes then send him a follow up email saying I wanted to join the team. I followed all of his instructions. I even called his cell and office to leave a voicemail. In the END big waste of time. & Gas money never heard back from him.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Penske.

Interviewed by a senior operations manager and then by a panel of 3 including an area GM. Nothing truly unexpected. Very professional.

No real negotiation. They made an offer and that was it.

Engineering Logistics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Penske in May 2013.

My university contacted with HR people in Penske in Beachwood, OH. The director of our program sent all of our resumes to the project manager, and he picked four people to have the interview. I was chosen, and I got the summer internship. It's just three months, and the work environment was pretty good.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite course? What's your project? Why do you think you fit this position.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske in March 2013.

Two interviewers were in the room and they asked standard behavioral interview questions. They spent much of the interview selling the internship. Offered 16$ an hour salary, but without complimentary housing or relocation assistance.

Interview Questions
    • No technical interview questions. They do ask how much excel experience you have but that apparently is not a dealbreaker for them.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Get the position information from networking and then followed four interview. The first two were with the financial people and then with the direct manager.

Interview Questions
    • The direct manager asked couple question on the understanding of basic supply chain logic. Like reduce a day in the ordering process will affect what party of the company.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Penske in March 2012.

Recruiter was clear on the questions which included past experience and scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • What was your past experience in presenting a proposal to a CEO or Executive Level company representative   Answer Question

Administration Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Penske in March 2011.

General interviews consisting of traditional, and behavior based questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult manager and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    yes, but be realistic