Penske Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr, 2015
Updated 6 Apr, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Penske.

Interview

We sat in an office. The manager started asking questions about what my situation was and he was very understanding about it. They were nice enough to tell me that they really wanted me on their team.

Load Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Penske (Cleveland, OH (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed In person with the manager. He was very easy going. He explained the job requirements. He asked a few basic interview questions. We then went over any questions I had. That completed the entire interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how did you avoid it in the future?   Answer Question

Truck Driver - Yard Switcher/Yard Jockey Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Penske (Stockton, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter who discussed the position and answered my questions, scheduled for an interview and road test, sent for a drug screen, and basically went to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just given an outline of the position and the pay.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske in September 2014.

Interview

spent time on the phone ( phone screening ) , then scheduled an interview,, very professional, we went over job description , i was asked how i would handle diagnosing and repairs for specific vehicles . Interview lasted just over an hour and a half. we discussed benefit options pay scale and how the penske operation works with regard to repairs.

Mateial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Penske.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. They asked straight questions did not try and drill you. The Interviewers were not very thorough as far as what the job entailed and what your working schedule would be, but everything worked out for the best.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Penske (Carson, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to the interview. As soon as I stepped in there was no one at the front desk. However, I heard lots of chatter and laughing coming from the background. "Hello?" "Hello?" Still no reply after 10 minutes I walk in the back where the employees are and someone helps me. I go into my interview everything seemed to go pretty well. The interviewer talked about the position for 30 minutes and I was never asked any questions about myself. At the end he asked me did I have questions. I thought of 3 all of which he said were good questions! He gave me his business card and told me to go to the location where I would be working, 40 minutes from the interviewing site. I was instructed to observe the site for 30 minutes then send him a follow up email saying I wanted to join the team. I followed all of his instructions. I even called his cell and office to leave a voicemail. In the END big waste of time. & Gas money never heard back from him.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Penske (Hayward, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed by a senior operations manager and then by a panel of 3 including an area GM. Nothing truly unexpected. Very professional.

Negotiation

No real negotiation. They made an offer and that was it.

Engineering Logistics Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Penske (Beachwood, OH (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

My university contacted with HR people in Penske in Beachwood, OH. The director of our program sent all of our resumes to the project manager, and he picked four people to have the interview. I was chosen, and I got the summer internship. It's just three months, and the work environment was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite course? What's your project? Why do you think you fit this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Human Resources Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Penske (Allentown, PA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviewers were in the room and they asked standard behavioral interview questions. They spent much of the interview selling the internship. Offered 16$ an hour salary, but without complimentary housing or relocation assistance.

Interview Questions

• No technical interview questions. They do ask how much excel experience you have but that apparently is not a dealbreaker for them.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Interview

Get the position information from networking and then followed four interview. The first two were with the financial people and then with the direct manager.

Interview Questions

• The direct manager asked couple question on the understanding of basic supply chain logic. Like reduce a day in the ordering process will affect what party of the company.   Answer Question