Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Production Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Consisted of a telephone interview with HR then and 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Had to complete a personality test before the telephone interview. Telephone interview was fairly standard and 10 min in length and at the conclusion of the telephone interview I was invited to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. It was very casual and mostly conversational with regard to my background.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your past experiences that you feel will help you in this position?   View Answer
    non-negotiable salary.

Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

The interview process involved answering a series of questions online. The process was straight forward. You will receive an email with further instructions about the location and duration of the project. You will have to past a series of tests to determine weather you will qualify for a project. Once I was hired, I was ready to work on a project. The projects involve scoring and client information is kept confidential. You will have to sign a contract stating that you will not talk about the projects. No notebooks, recorders, etc. are allowed on the scoring floor.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question involved languages spoken.   View Answer

Position In Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Online application lead to a phone interview with hiring manager and the HR manager. Following the phone call I had two in person, panel interviews. Each contained a variety of people who touch the role; the final interview included senior executives.

Interview Questions
    Short. They inquired about my range and beat my expectations.

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in April 2014.

First contact after my application was quick. I was contacted by the department manager and discussed setting up an interview.

I interviewed with both the department manager and the team leader for the position. Questions were straight forward and without any catches or pitfalls. The job was explained well and matched exactly what the job ended up being.

Within approximately a week and a half I was contacted by the human resource contact and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handled around 40 open projects at once?   Answer Question

Pearson Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pearson.

HR very helpful. I applied online and in a few days I got a call. Bachelor's degree required.

I didn't negotiate.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

It was a few rounds. With a HR first and then with the hiring manager and the vertical heals. The HR had little understanding of the job, so their questions did not make sense. The hiring manager really wanted to hire someone fast so he was answering his own questions after he (probably) felt I was the right candidate. The vertical head knew that I came from a similar background (industry experience) so most of the questions were behavioural.

1st offer I got was less than what i was making

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harlow, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

Two stage process; phone screening interview (~50 mins) followed by face to face interview, including a skills test (total ~2.5 hrs). Interviews had standard questions, CV review, giving examples of being in a team, leading a team, disputes, any problems, dealing with deadlines, etc. Technical task involved demonstrating how you would analyse a dataset using Excel only.

Very comfortable interview process, friendly environment.

No negotiation.

Warehouse Assistant Supervisor Interview

I met with a recruiter at Purdue University. They scheduled a phone interview, where they ask about your major, experience, and aspirations (standard interview questions). A campus interview followed this with similar questions. I was then asked to attend an on-site interview at their Lebanon warehouse. It was a panel interview with Supervisor from each department. Each Supervisor took turns telling about themselves and their departments and asking about my experiences in my previous jobs and leadership positions. I was then emailed an offer letter from the HR recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help lead an motivate your employees in an environment, in which they know the warehouse will be closing at the end of the year?   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

Meeting with manager of test center and asked mostly flexibility questions. They want you to be able to come in on short notice, anytime, just extremely flexible. He said anything else can most likely be taught, a few service questions. Dress professional

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, all TAs get paid the same and there was a line behind me if I wanted more pay

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pearson in October 2010.

I came in through a referral and interviewed the hiring manager and two peers. I interviewed in October and was told that they wanted to make an offer but by then the requisition had been frozen till the end of the year. It wasn't until mid-January the next year that I received and accepted an offer. I started then end of January.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprises. The most difficult was the reason I was looking to leave my current job.   Answer Question

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!