Pearson

158 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details Consisted of a telephone interview with HR then and 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Had to complete a personality test before the telephone interview. Telephone interview was fairly standard and 10 min in length and at the conclusion of the telephone interview I was invited to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. It was very casual and mostly conversational with regard to my background.

Interview Question – What are some of your past experiences that you feel will help you in this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable salary.

Senior Client Services Consultant Interview

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. Shortly after, I had two in-person interviews with different management personnel. A week after the second in-person (third overall) interview I was told a decision would be made in the coming days. I never heard back from them.

Interview Question – The interview questions were all very typical. In all three interviews I was asked to tell them how I handle multiple priorities or difficult clients/customers.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pearson in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and get response back in a few days, asking for a Skype video interview. It consists of three questions. The Skype interview was really ridiculous. The interviewer seems not willing to communicate with you. It makes me feel like be insulted. It is the worst experience I ever have.

Interview Question – The question is easy.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details two face-to-face interviews, feedback was slow, deceptive job description, job was put on hold after making an offer, went through all the interview stages could have told me before, made me wait months then changed offer again. be prepared to be bounced around, salaries are also low. also make sure you understand what the role requires ask lots of questions because it might not end up being what the job description states.

Negotiation Details – none

Java Software Development Intern Interview

Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in March 2014.

Interview Details The entire process lasted 6 weeks. There was an initial phone interview with a HR person regarding some basic background information. Next, there was a 4 hour long tour which includes testing assessment, technical interview and a manager interview. Overall, that went well. I received a second round interview with the project manager where I was asked further behavioral questions. However, I realized the interview was shortly terminated after I answer a political question and a question about my race. I was rejected a week later. Please be smart and try to avoid/neutralize the political/race questions because I made that mistake.

Compliment: Their HR is extremely quick in answering emails which I very much appreciated.

Interview Question – What is more important: Efficiency or Creativity?
Find the most efficient way to use a balance to find the heavier ball amongst the 9 balls where the other 8 balls are of equal weight.
  View Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details They just asked some general questions and won't ask any behavior questions. And they care about internal auditing background or CIA certificate.

Interview Question – I don't think there were some difficult or unexpected questions. They want to find someone who has the expertise of internal auditing and at the same time fit their team.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

Interview Details I applied online, interviewed with HR (general questions about my past experiences), then interviewed with the potential direct manager and then the GM. The Manager and GM asked much more difficult questions than HR. Took a cognitive ability assessment. Then went through a background and reference check before receiving my offer.

Interview Question – Where do you think you would find difficulty in accomplishing the goals of this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The offer was great.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Iowa City, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details Very light, very unprofessional. An oddly fun interview.

Interview Question – Questions about proxy and content filtering were expected but difficult.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Standard Phone interview with behavioral questions about past experiences and relating back and forth to the resume.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you faced a compliance issue?   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details I applied for a temp summer job a couple of years ago right before I came back home from out-of-state college, so it was all through phone. Through connections I got the job, and after I returned to college and then graduated, they even offered me a permanent position. I didn't have to interview for returning.

Interview Question – Just the generic interview questions. "A time when you had to deal with an upset customer", "accomplishments/weaknesses", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pearson

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson interview questions and advice. All 158 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Pearson employees and interview candidates.