Pearson Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr, 2015
Updated 14 Apr, 2015

2.9

Developmental Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Toronto, ON) in August 2013.

Interview

I was invited to an interview at the office. The first one, I was interviewed by the manager of the DEs and a senior program manager. They gave me a very confusing copy-editing test, vocabulary test that got progressively harder, and then asked me to complete a personality test. Then, at the second interview I met a VP of cross media division. At the third interview, I met the first two people again. In all, the process took about four six weeks from application to hiring.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years from now? Tell us about yourself (very open ended)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a job. They said that two of us hired at the same time were given the same salary offer. Basically, I accepted without negotiating. If you don't like the salary, you should negotiate up front. They do not give raises at Pearson unless you are being promoted, and you get a small bit to compensate for inflation, but it doesn't match inflation, really. The vacation they give is a bit skimpy I think, it was 2 weeks only but they give 5 sick days and 5 personal days so you can use the personal days as vacation days if you don't use them. Some of the senior people there who have been there say 20+ years have like 10 weeks of vacation, you only get an extra week after 5 years of service, then every 3 years afterwards, or something like that. This company has a tendency to lowball new hires. They have had low sales recently, and massive layoffs, so they let go of the high paid senior editors and then can hire say two replacements for the one they let go.

Production Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Consisted of a telephone interview with HR then and 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Had to complete a personality test before the telephone interview. Telephone interview was fairly standard and 10 min in length and at the conclusion of the telephone interview I was invited to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. It was very casual and mostly conversational with regard to my background.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your past experiences that you feel will help you in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-negotiable salary.

Scorer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

At the time I worked at Pearson they placed and ad in the paper and online, you are required to have a Bachelor's degree, then after you applied you would receive and email with what to do next, and met with the HR Manager on site, bringing in your IDs, degree, etc, had undergo background checks and told when the position would begin.

Interview Questions

• Interview process pretty easy, they reviewed your resume asked few basic questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward; the usual technical aptitude questions and standard people skills questions. The Hiring process, however, took what seemed like forever. They do a thorough background check and this process can take a very long time.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I interviewed with the Editorial Assistant currently in the role, the project/program managers on the team, and the editors I'd support. I had to come in to the office for the interview. The process took about 3 hours as there were quite a number of people I met that day.

Pearson - Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I sent my resume and was prompltly called back for a phone interview then an in person interview. During the interview I met with the area and the regional manager as well as with another sales rep. It was casual yet professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a competitive person? If so, give us an example of it in your everyday life.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

The entire process seems very disorganized and takes way too long. They expect you to interview for several hours at a time, which is hard when you have a full time job.

Interview Questions

I was offered another job and accepted.

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Process is exceedingly Slow, SLOW, S.L.O.W... unresponsive. Executives late to meetings. Executives unprepared, had not even read resume prior to video conference interview. No response to Thank You notes. Lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers asked routine, rudimentary questions, almost seemed distracted or maybe uninterested...possibly just a necessary external interview when an internal candidate was already selected?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process can be fast or slow depending on the people you're working with. I was lucky to work with competent reps who had me at the project round just a few weeks after initially submitting my application online. I would have pursued the opportunity further, if only to interact with the reps again, but an opportunity closer to my skill set appeared before I could complete the project round.

Interview Questions

• You'll be tasked with acting as a pseudo-representative and visiting a college or university of your choice in order to gauge the textbook/software situation at that institution, after which you'll write a brief report on how you would employ Pearson's solutions there.   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who'd seen my resume floating around and she connected me with the Editor I came to work for. The interviewing process was seamless--they were both very impressed with previous editorial experience. The editor was unexpectedly enthusiastic about previous sales experience, as he felt EAs should transition into sales positions.

Interview Questions

• The editor I interviewed with was very interested in previous sales experience, almost trying to sell me on a Sales career before I entered Editorial.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little wiggle room as far as compensation packages go.