Paycom

Paycom Sales Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in December 2012.

Intense - if you think you want to be in sales this will let you know for sure yes or no.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Paycom in January 2012.

Just got back from the worst interview I ever had. When i got to the suite, two employees seemed to be gossipping, which happened to be my interviewer. She assured me that i only had to wait a few minutes. Instead,she went to her meeting where I had to wait another 40 minutes to be seen. She apologized, but really don't schedule me this early if you know you're having a meeting. When she sat down she proceeded to eat a hot pocket and text through most of my interview! I did not have her attention at all and she was quite rude. She criticized my resume which leads me to believe she didn't read it before hand. I couldn't get out fast enough!! When she told me there was multiple steps to this interview process, i wanted to laugh in her face. I would never work for this company if its acceptable for the manager to be this unprofessional!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

Let me first start off by saying that the entry level outside sales position with Paycom is one of the most lucrative offers I found in the market in terms of starting salary, benefits and professional development. With that being said, the interview process was extensive and very challenging. The recruiter was very honest about what I could expect to earn and receive from the opening as well as what the companies expectations are for those who receive an offer for the outside sales position. There were multiple steps and I felt that the managers I interviewed with were really doing their best to understand what I could bring to Paycom and whether or not that is what they needed to continue Paycom’s success. There were 5 different steps to the process. 1. Phone screen with recruiter. 2. Interview with sales manager. 3. Interview with regional VP. 4. Cold calling session. 5. Final interview with Chief Sales Officer. This was not an easy process but definitely worth it. I received an offer that included a 45k base (7k more than any other offer I received), $1 health insurance coverage for myself, and uncapped commission structure. Overall, this has been the most challenging professional experience I have ever had. If you are driven and have specific goals you want to achieve, Paycom can help you get there. I really feel I am on the fast track to the career I have always wanted!

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you are not offered the position?   View Answer
    There was not negotiation as everyone starts in the outside sales role with 45k base salary

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in May 2011.

Tough, they definitely weed out the weak. First step I was grilled (not in a bad way but very thorough) by an in-house recruiter. Second I met with the local sales manager - 25 mins or so, she was nice but you could tell busy Third I did a webcam with the Regional Manager - that was a little awkward because I had never had to do an interview like that before but he was nice enough. Tough questions, you can't just answer yes/no they want to know that you mean what you say and have depth behind your answers. I had a little sales experience and so we spent a decent amount of time on that topic and my involvement in college. Fourth, the fun step, I had to cold call with the rest of the office for four hours!! I hated it at first but the manager and a couple experienced reps gave me some guidance and I started to get in the groove. Once I got the first appointment set it was fun after that. You must set a minimum of three to be considered for a final interview. Fifth and final a webcam with the Chief Sales Officer. I had to reschedule this once, but he was enjoyable to talk with. He asked intense questions but at the same time they made sense and he also provided some advice. I really wanted the job and thankfully I got it, but the process is definitely not for the weak at heart!

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, they pay a flat base salary of $45K + commission + auto + cell across the nation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom in July 2010.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. This company uses the interview process for free labor. After the intial interview you go for a 4 hour cold calling session in which you have to get 3 people to meet with you about a product that you can not discuss. After the interview I did some research and saw that they did this to a lot of people.

Sales Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in April 2010.

The hiring process was a ridiculous 5 step interview process. One step was a requirement to sit in on their twice per week "phone cavassing" sessions. If you didn't make 3 appointments in this step in telemarketing to burned lists of businesses, you couldn't move forward to the next step. I saw COUNTLESS qualified interviewees go through this step of a 4 HOUR phone session and not make the 3 appointments, therefore not moving forward in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember enough about the interview with the manager to remember specific questions. Pretty much the expected interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in January 2010.

a bit unorganized and stressful. I had to do a cold calling session for several hours after initial 10 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Actually it was the lack of questions regarding my resume and qualifications.   Answer Question

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!