Paycom

8 interviews

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

The interview process was very challenging but you can tell the company really cares about who they hire and wants it to be the right fit. You can tell the manager cared a lot about the culture of the office and wanted to hire someone that fit in well with the dynamic of the team. The PC session was challenging but gave a lot of insight into how the position would be and the team was very helpful. I did not make it to the final interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is the best and worst time in your life thus far?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

Called by recruiter, was prepped about how detailed orientated the company is with employment dates and such. Then moved to face to face with branch manager,- very pleasant and fun experience. Moved on to the Skype call with the regional VP who was tougher and then a 4 hour phone canvasing session in the office then followed by a final Skype interview with the CFO. Grueling.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you stayed with a company longer than four years? Huh   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Jun 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for going through our interview process. While our process is long, we do feel it helps both parties realize if it is a good fit moving forward. We wish you nothing but the best in your ... More

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in December 2012.

All in all, I felt the interview process was more than fair. Are there multiple steps? Yes. But sometimes things worth getting have to be worked for. I say this even though I unfortuantely did not receive an offer from this company. The employee that answered the door seemed happy to be there and so did the other people working. I was early and the manager came out right when she knew I was there; it was a conversational interview and it seemed like she was genuinely interested in what I was saying. I was passed on to a webcam interview as a second step but my process stopped after that. I still think this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to have a sales career - plenty of room to grow, high energy in the office etc.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you usually step into when you join a team and can you give me an example?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

interviewed at Paycom in August 2012.

My initial communication with Paycom was with a recruiter who contacted me after I'd applied online. The phone interview process with the recruiter was great, and made me very excited to meet for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I received my confirm email for the interview confirming it was early on a Monday morning.

That morning I showed up a few minutes early to the interview, and ended up waiting for over an hour for the hiring manager. She then came out to the waiting room saying that she never takes interviews on Monday mornings, and said that she'd see me the next day which is when she had me on her schedule. I showed her the email, asked if she could see me that day as scheduled b/c of my work schedule, and she sighed and acted completely inconvenienced, telling me that it would be brief.

This set a horrible tone for the interview, and throughout the entire process she treated me like the company's mistake was my fault, and that she was extremely inconvenienced. It was the most awkward, horrible interview I've ever been on. Needless to say I didn't move on to the next step of the interview process. I was very disappointed b/c of some of the great things I had heard about Paycom. I wish my experience had been better.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying for other jobs when you have only been at your current one for a short time? Do they know you're here?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

The initial communication was through a recruiter on LinkedIn. He was very nice at first and I though he would be a big help. He first sent in my resume and then told me when to will out the application. He then told me I would have a phone interview on Monday and would let me know Friday what time this would be. Sunday came around and he never responded so I emailed him and he said it would be in the morning and to prep the following questions: Why would you be an asset to Paycom? How are you motivated? and Describe why sales (or something of that matter). The phone interviewer was very nice but did not quite understand my resume. She asked only one of those questions (motivation). She then asked me about my education (it is clearly written on my resume that I transferred schools) and she asked multiple times if I transferred and if I had an associates degree from the first school and multiple times I said no and stated that I transferred. She also asked me Why the city Boston? I thought that none of the questions she asked me actually qualified me for the position. The interview only lasted about 15 minutes. After the interview I sent a thank you email 24 hours later, never heard from her or the recruiter only received a general email from HR. I would NOT recommend this company or going through a recruiter for them, waste of time.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in August 2011.

Tough interview, four phases--phone interview with recruiter, 1-1 with area sales manager, followed by interview with regional manager, followed by video interview with CEO

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate, but I think it's definitely good to try--they might bump you up 5k if you have sales experience

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2011.

I received a call from the recruiter, nice guy, scheduled in a face to face in Irvine, California. The day comes for the big interview in which I so diligently prepared and the door is locked; I knock, no one answers. I call the recruiter and he gives me the number to my interviewer for me to call to have her open the door...OK, cool, kinda weird, but whatever. The interview begins and the interviewer couldn't be more uninterested and distracted. I was asked NO questions regarding sales, none! She asked me "Who I admire the most" and went over my resume and college education. She wasn't interested about the statement on my resume about how I made my current company almost half a million dollars (verifiable) in revenue in a single quarter in 2010. I honestly think I was interviewed because she was forced to. As awkwardly as the interview began it was over. She had a meeting to go to, she told me.
    The interview was simple and I nailed it. In short, I'm a good interviewer and I nailed her questions, not that they were challenging, especially the one at the end when they ask you, "Do you have any questions for me"? For those who don't know, this is the time to close the deal, or interview rather.

After the interview, I called the recruiter and we chatted about the interview, good conversation. He says he'll call me the next day to let me know how it went and give me information about the next interview. He never does. If fact I didn't hear a word form him for over two weeks despite my attempts to contact him. I ended up having to call my interviewer to get some closure as I had other offers standing by but was really wanting to work for Paycom. She was surprisingly awkward on the phone, not what you you'd expect from a sales manager, and told me their offices in Oklahoma were interrupted due to the recent inclement weather and she would email him. I didn't hear from them for a few more days to receive an email from a man in their HR department whom I've never spoken with telling me I didn't get the job. Paycom is very unprofessional and might be stepping on their own feet by creating a bad reputation stemming from their interviewees who may or may not have large personal networks of small business within Paycom's target geographical area of operation. Novel complete.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Paycom in July 2010.

1:1 interview. Then you do a 4 hour tryout where you cold call companies. Then there is a phone interview with a manager. Then you do a webcam chat with the CEO.

I stopped after the initial 1:1 interview because the guy interviewing me couldn't care less about what I had to say. He was a salesman, not somebody in HR who is responsible for hiring people. The guy was very unimpressive and gave me no reason to join the company.

All in all, huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!