Paycom Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. She told me a bit more about the position, explained the training process and went over benefits and starting salary along with commission structure. We set up a time for a phone interview with a hiring manager. In total the interview lasted around 45 minutes. Standard interview questions were asked. The person interviewing me didn't have a copy of my resume nor had ever seen it, despite including it on the online application. I feel like it was a bit awkward explaining all my work experience over the phone in this way. The manager concluded the interview by explaining that the company doesn't simply hire to fill the role, but seeks out only the best candidates. "I'm not hiring anyone unless I believe they will be the best CRR in the Northeast." At this point, I felt it was safe to assume she did not feel this way about me. I received an email from the recruiter one week later thanking me for my time and that the company pursued other applicants.

Ncs Administration Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

phone contact, in person interview with recruiter, supervisor and manager. Thorough background and credit check. Will send you excel and personality test. Will also do more testing in the office before your interview. Math and Logic test

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Why did you leave your last employer? How do you think you can help the company? Are you good at details? What are you good at? What skills do you have? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom (Tulsa, OK (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. The recruiter will email you information on the indicidual you are meeting with and tell you to dress business professional. Everyone I came into contact was extremely helpful and professional. The only difficult part of the interviews is the calling portion. It can be pretty hit or miss.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions: what do you know about Paycom? Tell me about yourself. What can you bring to the company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What experience in Sales do you have? Etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter reaches out for a phone interview and then sends a data entry style test to get speed and accuracy benchmark. On site interview is done with a supervisor level then passed for a final interview. Drug test and background checks are the final step. Extremely thorough and challenging but overall a great experience. Recruiter did a great job of walking me through what to expect which each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer Paycom that others who have applied for the job don't? Why should we offer you the job? Why are you leaving your current employer? What is the most challenging customer service experience you have encountered this year?   Answer Question

Interview

There is something up with this company that is very wrong somewhere....! I read in one of the reviews from someone that was in the office, that they don't seem to hire people over 30. Maybe this is the case. The people in HR seem to screen you OUT instead of in. They use a very exclusive process (as opposed to inclusive) based on metrics that are obviously illegal -- but you cannot prove. The HR person didn't even take the time to call me back and when I contacted the sales manager directly, he seemed just as uptight close-minded and in the box as the rest of the gang! I could feel energetically this was NOT a match and I am glad I was not even called to waste my time any further with this company! They advertise for the SAME position, over, and over and over again! That should indicate something!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

My interview was scheduled for 2pm and I was asked to arrive about 10 minutes early. Upon arrival, I was greeted and offered a drink. I was then introduced to a few employees. I was told I would be taking the Wonderlic exam, and then began my webcam interview. I had my initial interview with one manager and he had another interview me as well via webcam. They asked typical interview questions, both were very easy to converse with and not too harsh by any means. Overall a really good experience. Lasted about an hour and a half including the exam and both interviews. I have a final interview tomorrow with one more manager and I'm hoping to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is something people think upon meeting you that is untrue?   Answer Question
    • What three characteristics would your boss use to describe you?   Answer Question

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Vienna, VA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about the position. She informed me of the position and asked if I was still interested. We set up an interview at the office in Vienna, VA a few days later. Beforehand, I had to take a personality test. The interview started with a 12 minute math reasoning test. They had word problems dealing with basic arithmetic, and a lot of word association. Pretty simple. I scored a 34/50.

Then I interviewed with the manager of the office and the TSR manager for the region via GoToMeeting. The questions were pretty standard. They offered me the job the next day. Then they required a background check and a drug test. With that out of the way, I'm not awaiting confirmation on my flight to OKC for the 6-week training program. The entire process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• None, really. If you've been on a decent number of interviews, you'll be prepared.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is as advertised here on glassdoor, challenging and yet rewarding if you make it through like I did. They look for the best which is a big reason why the company is growing to what it is. I've heard a stat (not sure if its true or not) that they hire only 4% of all interviewing applicants for sales representatives which means they have a ton of people applying. And while a lot are probably applying with no chance at the job which helps that stat still there are tons of qualified applicants that get turned down because they cant make it through the gauntlet or do bad on making their appointments in the final interviewing process or various other reasons I'm sure.

Overall it was very rewarding getting the job offer and I was very happy to accept.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process at Paycom was very extensive! They really only hire the best of the best to work for them! I had 3 offers on the table while interviewing with Paycom, and I still chose Paycom.

The first step was a face to face interview with the Austin sales manager, it was about 30-35 minutes.
    The second step was the prospecting step. I came in for a half morning from 8am-12:00pm and was able to meet the entire team and work 1 on 1 with the Austin sales manager. I jumped on the phones and started dialing in to companies to set up a time to drop off some information. I was told I needed to set 3 appointments, which I did! I loved this step because I was able to see, first hand exactly what I was getting myself in to. The culture of the Austin office was incredible! I came in and the sales professional there were so welcoming and willing to help me out. It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this great company.
    The final step was an interview with the regional VP, which was conducting via GoTo meeting. The final step lasted about 35 minutes as well.

My Paycom recruiter called me a few minutes after I left the office to check in with me and let me know she was offering me a position with Paycom. I couldn't have made it through the process without the help of my recruiter! Anytime I had a question, it was answered immediately and she was rooting for me the entire time! Very grateful to have been offered a position with Paycom.