Paycom

130 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Question – Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Aug 07, 2013

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn’t normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal ... More

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Pretty tedious, you will have a phone screen, then a 1st interview with the sales manager, if he or she 'likes' you then you will have a second interview with the regional manager... you will then be set up to do a cold calling blitz where you MUST set a minimum of 3 appointments. Last, you will interview with the CSO of the company via web cam - this is intimidating but he will base his decision mainly off of what the manager says about you.

Software Developer Interview

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Very lengthy process but after meeting the other sales reps you understand why. They are very selective and want the cream of the crop.

Interview Question – Who is your Lex Luther?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went with another company.

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in June 2013.

Interview Details Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Executive Sales Representative
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in May 2013.

Interview Details It's a challenging interview process, but I was able to get through in less than 2 weeks. Started off with a phone interview then I was able to go into the office to meet the manager (wear a full suit or you will stand out). I liked the energy in the office and everyone seemed to like being there. Everyone was really professional and helpful which was important to me. After a detailed interview with the manager, I was invited back from the phone calling session. I had to get there at 7:45, but was able to meet the team and get advice from them. From there I interviewed with the VP. They are obviously looking for a very specific person and there was a lot of competition for the position. The job seems pretty high-level; I guess that is why they pay so much.

Interview Question – What are your long-term/short term goals?   Answer Question

Jul 05, 2013

Thank you for feedback and description of the interview process.

Outside Sales Consultant- Troy, MI (Detroit) Interview

Troy, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview process seems a bit daunting at first as it has a few steps but if you get the offer, TAKE IT! Phone screen with recruiter, interview with area manager, phone canvassing session, Skype interview with regional and then with CSO. The recruiter I had was amazing and really put me at ease throughout the entire process. She would always be on top of what my next step was and would also stay after hours to help me prepare and navigate their web application when I had questions one night.

The manager was really nice and has a lot of experiences with the company. When I left I felt totally at ease as she was very excited about Paycom an the opportunities. This interview was more conversational and very relaxing although I was warned she is a tough cookie to crack. She also offered me a lot of time to ask however many questions I wanted and that was nice because I could tell she cared and wanted me to be just as excited about paycom as she was.

For the phone canvassing session, I set three appointments. The main goal is to see if you are coachable, if you can talk easily to people over the phone and how you handle rejection. I actually enjoyed this part.

Interview with regional is tricky. You need to make sure your Skype and webcam interview skills are down (look into the camera, not the screen, etc.). The regional I interviewed with was very friendly but asked tough questions.

The last step is the most stressful because you've made it so far. The CSO is very professional but wants to know what drives you. You need to throw out your book answers for interviews and just be yourself and really explain what makes you different than the next guy. He asked some tough questions but is a stand up guy who is easy to talk to and is extremely charismatic.

I actually work here now and can tell you it's not a scam as some of the reviews say, especially in regards to the phone canvassing "just to get appointments". I actually saw a few of the phone canvassers who have come in actually have claimed fake appointments which has ruined their chance. Also, the appointments I made on phone canvassing I got to go on when I got hired. Trust the process and DON'T MAKE FAKE APPOINTMENTS!!!

The interview process although tough is worth it as it is important to make sure you are a fit for them and vise versa. This company cares about its employees more than any company I've worked for and I feel blessed going to work every day.

Interview Question – As stated above, you really need to dig deep about what makes you get up in the morning and it shouldn't be financially driven unless its generous. They will ask you later in the process what you'd do if you were making all kinda of money and blowing it in Vegas would not be the thing to say. This company wants to understand what make you tick and wants to see depth.   View Answer

Outside Sales Interview

Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details I was initially approached by a recruiter from Paycom at a job fair at Rutgers. I interviewed with the sales manager a week later and then went on to interview with the regional vp. Both interviews were tougher than some of the others I had gone on point but I made it through to the phone canvassing. I know a lot of people have complained about going in and doing this for a full morning but I'm glad I did. Half way through I realized that I really didn't like cold calling and I definitely didn't want a job where I had to do it at least twice a week. I told the manager that the job wasn't for me and we actually discussed some other options that might be out there for me in different industries. Overall it was a good experience and I think Paycom would be a great company to work for if you are the right fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about at time that you had to overcome adversity in your life?   Answer Question

Jun 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck in whatever career you decide on.

Software Development Intern Interview

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, sent them a copy of my resume and filled out a series of online forms. I received an email after they tried to call me a few times. (Foolishly, I didn't set up a voice mailbox.) We talked on the phone briefly when I called them back. We talked about the job requirements and I briefly explained some of the stuff on my resume. They offered me an on-site interview, and a few days after the interview, I received a phone call with the job offer.

Interview Question – The interviewer didn't really ask me anything that difficult. He simply asked me about relevant coursework and I told him about the programming classes I took.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The workplace regulations were a bit too strict for me. They seemed to enforce a dress code.

Jun 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and best of luck as you begin your career. Do keep in mind that most companies will have some form of a dress code policy and at Paycom ours is business casual.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

Interview Details Called by recruiter, was prepped about how detailed orientated the company is with employment dates and such. Then moved to face to face with branch manager,- very pleasant and fun experience. Moved on to the Skype call with the regional VP who was tougher and then a 4 hour phone canvasing session in the office then followed by a final Skype interview with the CFO. Grueling.

Interview Question – Why haven't you stayed with a company longer than four years? Huh   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013

Thank you for going through our interview process. While our process is long, we do feel it helps both parties realize if it is a good fit moving forward. We wish you nothing but the best in your ... More
Interviews for Top Jobs at Paycom