Paycom Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jun, 2015

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to play golf?   1 Answer

Feb 26, 2015Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you ... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February-2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter about the position. She was extremely enthusiastic about how perfect I was for the position. Had one phone interview that went very well and was then asked to come in for a more formal interview. Normal interview, nothing too exciting or difficult. The thing that made this experience so horrible was how unprofessional they were following the interview. They said they were excited to set up the next interview with me and thought that I would be a great fit. Both the recruiter and the company fell off the planet afterwards. Not a single email, phone call, anything. Extremely rude.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015Representative

We know communication is important while job searching, and we apologize for your experience. All feedback is appreciated and your situation is being addressed. Your time is valued, and we wish you ... More

Transition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

Corporate recruiter walks you through entire process and sets up your interviews but the problem is you have no direct contact with who you are interviewing and when the recruiter doesn't come through or answer phone calls or emails it looks very unprofessional on the management team interviewing. When I left my interview, I was to move forward with the next chain of command and the recruiter was to set this interview up however after multiple attempts to contact the recruiter with no return, I finically realized they were completely unprofessional in how they treated interviewees which speaks a lot for how they would treat hired employees.

Interview Questions

• If your boss today were to find out you were leaving what would they aay   1 Answer

Apr 30, 2015Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. The issue has been addressed with the recruiting team.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

Introduced to Paycom by recruiting agency. Process included phone screen, interview with Sales Manager, four hours cold calling, and a final interview with VP. They look for you to show resolve when cold calling, don't set down the phone and be ready to overcome a lot of objections.

Interview Questions

I gage the value a company places on their people by their willingness to negotiate an offer. I asked for an additional $3k and a fully paid phone (they only offer $25/month credit). Paycom was unwilling to negotiate anything. Additionally, I do not like the idea of using my own vehicle as transportation to/from appointments. I was initially prepared to except an offer, but the negotiation process was red flag. If a company won't fight to get you on their team than it isn't a place you should want to work.

Mar 30, 2015Representative

In order to remain fair, negotiating an increase in the base salary and certain perks are not part of our process. This ensures that everyone is treated the same, with fairness. We do have one of the ... More

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor and was contacted by the hiring manager. We had about a 20-30 minute phone conversation and she asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview with her, a team lead and to meet the team. I came in to interview that next Monday evening and met with the team lead and shadowed another recruiter for a little bit. I was there for about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your goals?
      What keeps you motivated?
      Why Paycom?

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

Went through a head hunter who contacted me. Brief phone screening to see if you would potentially be a good fit. Met with the branch manager who interviewed me for about an hour. Asked me to come back for a phone canvassing session. Came in at 8 and worked until 12. You need to get 3 confirmed appointments. Was able to accomplish this. Came back for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How are you different than other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me the next day. She was very pushy that she wanted me to interview quickly with the Vice President. The interview was scheduled for two days later at 7:30 in the morning. I sat around and waited for my phone to ring, no call, no email, nothing. Finally, that afternoon, I emailed my recruiter and apparently the person I was supposed to be interviewed with "forgot". A time was rescheduled, however once again the person never called, nor did the recruiter follow up. I ended up accepting an offer with another company the same day. I'm happy I dodged a bullet of working for such an unprofessional and disorganized company.

Feb 6, 2015Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand. If you have any further comments concerning this incident, please connect ... More

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales position originally and I was recommended for the Transition Specialist Role. I had to take an excel test at home to get the interview, as well as the Wonderlic Test when I got to the office for the first interview. I interviewed with the TSR Manager as well as the Head of the department. They asked a lot of critical thinking questions, as well as questions to find out more about my experiences. I was fresh out of college at the time. I was offered the position within 4 hours of leaving the interview.

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation, they have a set pay structure (which has changed for the better 3 times since I started a year and a half ago). At the time the department was growing so I was able to negotiate when i started a little bit. Now they have larger training classes so there might not be as much flexibility there.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The first was a phone interview, then you complete prove it tests, once I had the in person interview it was actually for a different position then what I was told. Overall, very disappointed.