Paycom

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.4

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

Paycom has a difficult interview process by design. We want a very special person to join our team and service our customers. We also want anyone who is considering joining the team to see first hand the opportunity for what it is - a true B2B Hunter Sales Career. You talk our recruiters, the manager the regional manager our CSO. You interact with the team for a prospecting session, you may even go to lunch or ride along with a member of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you admire most and why?
      If you had a magic wand and could change anything about your current position and manager what would it be?
        View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

Phone interview, manger interview, regional manager interview, executive interview. Manager canceled my first interview the day of about an hour before the interview because they had to go on a sales call. I was not happy about that since I lived an hour and a half away from the interview site and felt it was extremely unprofessional that someone from corporate called me to cancel with only an hour of lead time. The manager didn't even call to cancel and reschedule and apologize. Second interview was via webcam, final was in person. Standard interview questions and process.

Interview Questions
    They will not negotiate anything - not even vacation time or a signing bonus.

Paycom Response

Jul 22, 2014Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We value your time and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Human Capital Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

$50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Paycom.

The process was lengthy but it did give me a good insight to the company culture and job responsibilities. I met with both the sales manager in Phoenix and the regional sales manager both were very professional and knowledgeable about Paycom and where they see the company going.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was the prospecting session. I did enjoy the team but this is where I realized this wasn't for me. The questions they asked made me think. They really wanted to get to know me and what drives me to success. Things I guess I had never thought about.   Answer Question

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Paycom takes its time when interviewing candidates that they may hire. They are a selective company and should be. The people on their team are very friendly and work very hard as well. These people SELL. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a face to interview, canvass calling sessions, a teleconference, and a cold-calling session as well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult piece of the interview was when I was asked to do cold-calling in person without knowing that would be part of the interview. I enjoyed it and appreciate the experience.   Answer Question

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

I applied online and then had a phone interview. That went well and I then was scheduled to meet with a Hiring Manager of the local Paycom Office. I get there prepared and practiced multiple times but he ends up not showing up which frustrated me greatly. He then asks me standard questions but then questions my passion for sales.

Paycom Response

Jun 09, 2014Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Paycom we value the time of every candidate just like we do our customers. We are very sorry that you had to wait and we will address this immediately. Please know ... More

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

The Paycom hiring process is not for the weak of heart. It is stringent as the companies mindset is to hire and retain the best of the best. I went through three interviews: an initial phone screening with a recruiter, a interview with my current supervisor, and a final interview with my supervisor and a Director of my department. After the successful phone interview, the recruiter had me follow up with taking a few tests which included a test on excel, and typing tests to determine you speed. These were very clear cut tests and are easily completed if you are computer savvy. Before my first interview, I was prompted to complete another quiz, it was mostly analogies like you would see on an ACT. The test was timed but there were not expectations as far as completion. Both interviews at the company location were formal but not too intimidating. The best advice I could give would be to come prepared with knowledge on the company and specific questions on your position or the company. Also, be prepared to answer your interviewers questions with detailed professional answers.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question was, where do you see yourself in five years? I am amongst the youngest here and honestly, my future could go anywhere. I was genuine and honest in my answer of what a dream future would be like for me and apparently it served me well.   Answer Question
    I originally was not interviewing for the Specialist position, even though they had positions open. My first interview I made clear that I was very customer focused as I had been in retail management for several years and working with customers and having that interaction is what I loved to do. This convinced them to interview me for the specialist position, which is higher than the original position I was applying for. Just be honest with yourself on what makes you happy, and whatever position you decide to apply for Paycom is a great place to be.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

The interview process was very challenging but you can tell the company really cares about who they hire and wants it to be the right fit. You can tell the manager cared a lot about the culture of the office and wanted to hire someone that fit in well with the dynamic of the team. The PC session was challenging but gave a lot of insight into how the position would be and the team was very helpful. I did not make it to the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best and worst time in your life thus far?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

It was strenuous but good. They only hire the best so they are picky and I think it is for the best. The manager was nice and helpful and the regional gave me many good things to think on.

None

Marketing Administrative/Database Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

First was a 15-20 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Basically just getting to know you, where you come from, where your planning on going, and work experiences. Then, I was called in for a one on one interview with the team leader. Next, I came in and did a phone canvas(basically, they wanted me to experience what i would be doing daily first hand before accepting the job). I was offered the job a day later pending my background check, credit check, drug test, and they needed to speak with at least two refererences from past jobs. Once all that was completed I was offcially offered the position!! Long process but very worth it all!! Plus its nice to know that they don't just hire anyone.