Paycom

Getting the Interview

133 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Lengthy process, but well worth the time!

Interview Question – Why can't you fail?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Base is 50k plus commission.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview Details A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Question – How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2014.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward process. Had a phone interview with a recruiter, moved on to an in person interview with hiring manager. If that goes well, they invite you in for a sales prospecting session, where the goal is to complete 3-5 appointments in a four hour period. Based on those results, you basically will be made an offer or passed on.

Interview Question – Tell me in three words where you want to be in three months.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary was well-known

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter after meeting him on campus. He set me up to come in and meet with the IT director. That interview went well so I had the chance to speak with the CIO. Both of the interviews were comfortable. They focused on the technical side of things and asked some behavorial questions.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Norman, OK (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details Difference between Class and Id?
Alignment of Div tags?
Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Question – Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Applied through Career fair. Took about two weeks to get a call for campus interview. Campus interview was on time. I was basically asked to define few concepts of OOP like the definition of OOP, encapsulation, public private and protected methods, etc. Questions based on resume. And detailed questions on SQL were you will be asked to write queries also. Few behavioral questions as well. Still waiting to know the resut

Interview Question – Basic programming and sql concepts   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details The process was quick and seemed smooth and simple, however when it came to receiving word back about whether or not I had received the job, the recruiter that had been working with me avoided my calls and did not reply to my emails. Then, in the end, I received a rejection via automated email. This was after an online application, having my resume referred by a family friend within the company, a phone/screening interview, and two in-person interviews -- the second of which the interviewer spent the majority of the interview assuring me that they company saw me as a great asset with high test scores, good interviewing skills, and a great educational background, though they feared I might be overqualified. I was told quote,"We wouldn't want to lose you to another employer." I find it a bit disingenuous after being later rejected and told from my friend within the company that ultimately I wasn't given the job because they felt I was too quiet.

Interview Question – We believe you may be overqualified. How would you respond to that?   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Mar 18, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely review with our in-house team and agency partners the process for notifying candidates when decisions are made. We respect each of our candidates time ... More

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Outside Sales Consultant
Troy, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2014.

Interview Details The process first began with an phone screening process that was relatively basic. They went over past work experiences, education, etc. The next step was a one on one interview with the district manager. This was laid back and she asked some simple questions about where you want to be in 5 years, what you are looking for in a position, what are the three most important things in your life, etc. Then a phone canvassing session in which you needed to set up 3 appointments to move on. The first time I did not meet the requirement but they asked me to come back for another time. The second time I could not stay for the full 4 hours, unfortunately, and only set up one appointment. After that I was not asked back for the next step. Still, it was great experience, I learned a lot and it helped me land a different sales position with one of Paycom biggest competitors!

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult to answer. During the phone canvassing session try to sell yourself and not the product as best as you can. That was my ultimate downfall. I did not feel comfortable selling a product I did not know.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

Interview Details The most difficult part of this interview was a phone interview, then taking 3 tests online, then taking another test onsite, then having an in person interview. I was told I should hear by the end of the week. I never heard back. Not even an email.

Interview Question – The questions were simple and extremely typical of an interview.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Mar 18, 2014

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back following your interview. Please reach out to your recruiter or staffing agency.

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Very impressive process that revealed they make sure they have the right fit before extending an offer. Started the process with a recruiter who screened me thoroughly before setting up a phone screen with the local sales manager. After passing, I met the sales manager for an in-person interview, and afterward met the rest of the team in the office. The next interview was with the regional VP of Sales who was young but sharp as a tack. After passing that stage I was invited to a "phone canvassing" session which basically is a try-out to see if you have what it takes to cut it. This also provides you with an opportunity to determine for yourself whether or not this is the job for you. The goal is setting 3 appointments within a 5 hour period. If you pass the phone canvassing session you then meet with the CSO for a final screen. If this goes well, you'll most likely get an offer.

Interview Question – The phone canvassing session was one of the most incredible interview experiences ever. It made the job palpable in ways that talking over a resume never could be possible. It took me a while to get my first appointment, but I remained calm and was able to hit them.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom interview questions and advice. All 133 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Paycom employees and interview candidates.