Paychex

Getting the Interview

200 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Paychex in April 2014.

Interview Details Seemed like a nice professional place to work. I thought I almost had that job, they gave me the impression I was a sure fit. I wasn't. They seemed to be more interested in my current product I sale, verses my capabilities to do the job they were offering. They had me take a 2 hour personality/IQ test and when I interviewed I was told I scored very high. As a matter of fact, the HR Recruiter said my scores were high on the areas they are concerned of the most.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask me how I would go about selling their services/product. They mostly asked about the systems I currently sale and I found that very confusing.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in July 2013.

Interview Details I was very impressed with the communication both through telephone and email. The recruiter was there every step of the way providing email and phone updates where appropriate. Also kept me in the loop as far as their process and when I should be hearing back. This was the corporate recruiter... then when the local manager contacted me they were very informative on what to expect and where to go. The interview is with two people usually two supervisors. They ask you different sets of questions to gauge how you would be a good fit for the job with your personality and experience. They were also very personable during the interview.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After the interview, the recruiter contacted me and extended an offer letter via email. It was pretty straight forward. We want to offer you the job at such and such rate and that's really it. They have a set hourly rate and you take it or leave it. If it is in the range you are looking for I would take it. I did some research previously so I sort of knew what to expect.

Interviewed at Paychex

Interview Details They called me because someone emailed them about me. Had me take an online assessment. Called and now I have an upcoming face-to-face interview! So far so good!

Interview Question – Why Paychex? Be sure you know all about the company!   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details The interview process was one of the most thorough I have been through. Numerous phone screenings, two logic tests, and a number of in person interviews was a bit overwhelming. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have more than one interview in a day.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You will have to work to increase your pay and its not something that happens overnight.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. I talked with her briefly about my career plans and she told me the next step in the process was to complete an online sales assessment which was around 180 questions. After I followed up I was told that I would be interviewed on site. I set up a time with the recruiter and was excited to hear more about the opportunity they posted online.

The hiring manager showed up to the interview ten minutes late, then talked to me briefly about my experience. Then shared with me that they were overstaffed at the time and didn't have a position open and that I didn't meet their minimum requirements anyway.

I am still not sure why anybody would pre-screen a candidate for a position they didn't have, determine that they weren't qualified, and waste everybody's time by bringing them in for an interview. The job sounded like it would be great but I can't imagine working for a company that is this unprofessional.

Performance Test Engineer III Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details It took about 2 - 3 weeks for the complete process. Initially HR Screening, followed by a Conference Call for Technical Interview.
HR Screening was the regular questions about expectations, why changing company etc. But the Technical interview was a conference call planned after about one week of HR interview. The call had a total of 4 people including me, Hiring manager and two technical people. Technical interview started in flying colors but as an when time went, things started getting complex. but the end of 30 minutes, I was sure, I lost it. Some unexpected questions came from the second technical person.
The interview just left me thinking "Do I need to study more" :(

Interview Question – How do you decide which Protocol to use in LR , Web - HTML or We - Click and Script.   Answer Question

B2B Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Paychex in March 2014.

Interview Details Started with phone interview from recruiter, sent email links to sales assessment tests emailed directly after test did not hear back for over a week, left messages and emailed, even though I was told 2 days. Got email to schedule a second phone interview with recruiter. Second Phone interview, was told after that next step was for her to send to local office and see if they were interested in interview. Another week passed with no communication from her then got email asking if I was still interested in position replied and a few days later had interview set for the following week with local district manager. District Manager was 1/2 hour late for interview (not even in the building) interview was ok a lot of talk about my current compensation plan which is total commission and varies. Also asked a lot of questions about current job that I tried my best to explain but he admittedly knew nothing about and didn't understand. I was then told that he had interviews the next few days and would know decision to continue interview process by Monday, that would include spending 1/2 day in field with a current rep then interview with local zone manager then decision. Left message for District Manager and recruiter on Monday got generic email from human resources on Tuesday stating wasn't selected for an offer at this time.

Interview Question – none really stood out spent more time on current position not experience that would be relevant to position   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details Interviewer was very detailed about the position and answered all the questions I had prior to me asking them.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details Very difficult interview process. They are very selective on who they choose to be apart of their team. The managers and field reps loved everything that Paychex had to offer which made me want to accept the offer. I did go through five interviews! There is unlimited potential in this role and they want to promote you!

Interview Question – None pretty personal questions   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Audubon, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Paychex in August 2010.

Interview Details Already working as Client Service Rep. Interviews with an AS supervisor and the Hub Manager

Interview Question – "Describe a time where a process failed and you fixed it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was the top candidate but they couldn't budget the job so I had to wait 18 months til another Account Specialist left.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!

Paychex Videos

Paychex – Why Work for Us?

Paychex, Inc. is a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company offers comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paychex interview questions and advice. All 200 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Paychex employees and interview candidates.